The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isengard vs. Gondor

2 posters

Go down

Isengard vs. Gondor Empty Isengard vs. Gondor

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sat Jun 28, 2008 11:00 pm

Isengard vs. Gondor

Today a small raiding party originating from the fortress of Isengard was raiding the lands of western Gondor and was met by the fierce resistance of a Gondorian patrol.

My Isengard Raiding Party

8 Uruk scouts w/ bows

8 Uruk scouts

7 Uruk scouts w/ shields

10 Uruk warriors w/ pikes

12 Uruk warriors w/ shields

2 Warg riders w/ bows

2 Warg riders w/ throwing spears

2 Warg riders

Jerry's Gondorian Patrol

12 Warriors of Minas Tirith w/ bows

12 Warriors of Minas Tirith w/ shields

12 Warriors of Minas Tirith w/ shields and throwing spears

12 Rangers of Gondor w/ spears

6 Knights of Minas Tirith w/ shields

Deployment

I deployed my scouts and scouts w/ shields together on the far left flank.I deployed the scouts w/ bows behind a low hill on the left flank as well.My Uruk warriors formed a phalanx formation and deployed in the center.Finally my Warg riders were deployed on the right flank

Jerry deployed his Warriors w/ shields on the far right flank behind a mound.He deployed his Knights on the right flank as well.His Rangers and Warriors w/ bows deployed in the center behind a long wall.Finally his Warriors w/ throwing spears deployed behind the Rangers.

Summary

I began the game by moving all my troops forward towards Jerry's forces.He peppered me with bowfire which managed to kill a couple of wargs.He moved his cavalry behind his forces and towards the left flank.I continued to move forward although two warg riders remained stationary to fire their bows which managed to kill nothing.Some warg riders managed to attack some of Jerry's Warriors although they were soon killed by the courageous Gondorians.

Jerry continued to pour arrows into my ranks which except for killing the odd Uruk here and there did nothing.On the left flank Jerry moved his Warriors w/ throwing spears closer to my scouts. When I got close to them w/ my scouts he moved his warriors back.

I finally reached Jerry's defensive position with my Uruks although I was repulsed when I attempted to assault his warriors w/ bows and Rangers which were behind the low walls. He moved back most of his Warriors w/ bows and some of his rangers which left my Phalanx standing around doing nothing.

I then attempted a second assault against the Rangers which remained at the walls w/ my scouts which proved unsuccessful. My Phalanx formation moved towards Jerry's Warriors w/ shields on the right flank.Jerry dispatched two warriors to deal w/ the last surviving warg rider on the right flank.They would remain there for the rest of the game.

My Phalanx formation continued to move towards Jerry's Warriors w/ shields although Jerry kept moving them back. On the left flank a couple of intense fights took place between Jerry's Warriors w/ throwing spears,his Knights, and my scouts. My scouts were eventually overwhelmed and killed although they managed to take out a knight. My Phalanx fromation stopped chasing Jerry's Warriors w/ shields and opted to move towards Jerry's Warriors w/ bows.

The Phalanx reached the Warriors w/ bows and managed to wipe six of them.The next turn though I was forced to take courage tests because my force had been reduced to below 50%.Most of my Uruks then proceeded to flee the field of battle. The Gondorians had successfully defeated the Raiding Party and stopped them from pillaging the Gondorian countryside.

Gondor was victorious
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Isengard vs. Gondor Empty Re: Isengard vs. Gondor

Post by jerryb Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:02 pm

This battle went back and forth. I believe it was very close, it could have gone either way.
After this scenario, Juan had second thoughts about this particular army structure. I totally disagree, it is a very formidable force. It just requires commanders to enforce unit cohesion due to the low courage and morale which is indicative of Orcs.
I force also requires commanders for combat reasons.

We agree that the games mechanics are good (except for calvary).

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Jul 02, 2008 5:44 pm

Yea, it was a fun battle! you know, I was flipping through the rulebook when I noticed that Warriors of Gondor can't take throwing spears lol,they take regular spears. I gotta remember that next time.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:18 pm

Solskritt, I believe we were doing several things wrong. Apparently you can not do group fights. In other words ten men fighting ten men. It has to one on one or one on many or many on one.
I will go over this with you next to we do battle.
Also I did not understand you completely about the spears, you stated on last Saturday that my spear men can support other troops. Spear men can fight two ranks deep.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:57 pm

Yea, I got a bit confused.On the group fight thing,yea you're right,apperantly you have to split the big combat into as many 1vs1 combats as possible.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down