The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question about stands

+2
Hurricane
Valhalla114
6 posters

Go down

Question about stands Empty Question about stands

Post by Valhalla114 Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:15 pm

Question:

When building my army. I am making stands with infantry and the number of models on the base is unclear because the manual does not clearly state whether to use 4 or 5. I dont know what to do. My whole army building has come to a stand still.

Fill me in guys.
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 465
Armies : Guard, Sisers, =][=, Blood Angels.
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Question about stands Empty Re: Question about stands

Post by Hurricane Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:48 pm

If you are doing german infantry it is usually 4 men per stand. But you can go to the estore on flamesofwar web site and look at the specific blister or box set you are working on. They will have pictures of each stand showing how many men per stand. Hope that helps.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:56 pm

I put 4 on my stands, that way they make more. 5 is a bit to crowded.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:59 pm

A section of infantry is 4-5 men. Put 4 per stand and then add the leftovers to some sections to make them number 5. The uneven numbers represent killed and wounded. No unit is gonna be at full strength. Don't forget to separate out your Commanding officer to make the command stand.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:57 pm

Valhalla114 wrote:Question:

When building my army. I am making stands with infantry and the number of models on the base is unclear because the manual does not clearly state whether to use 4 or 5. I dont know what to do. My whole army building has come to a stand still.

Fill me in guys.

Check which book's FoC you are using too, off the top of my head I know the Ostfront book has a small vignette discussing squad sizes during the war, you might want to check that out in case you want to keep the squads contemporary to a certain span of the war (edit: just picked up the book, the vignette discussed squad sizes in motorized panzergrenadier platoons, but you get the picture).
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:31 pm

I think 4 figures sounds good. Most of the books have 4 figs per stand. I'll go with that.

Today I was looking at the LRDG and SAS pdf and it had 2 figs per stand. What's this about?
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:15 pm

Those are for speciality recon only type games. You can't use those army lists in a regular tournament. I don't thing they would last very long either. It represents how big those little platoons and squads were.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Valhalla114 Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:14 am

I dont have Afrika, I'm actually planning on buying it tomorrow. I have 4 Late war books. Can you use the British Sting of the Scorpion models in regular games are they incorporated in Afrika or another PDF?
Valhalla114
Valhalla114
Dark Apostle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Apr 01, 2009 7:31 am

They are not in Afrika. And i don't think you can use the SofS in regular games.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:27 pm

I dont know much about SofS.

To answer the original question about number of models on the base, here's how you know.

Look at the photo (particularly in the new books). For "team" (such as a R/MG infantry team) it will show a number of people.

Thats the number of guys that needs to be on a stand. For most armies it's 4, but there are a couple (like British Paras for example) that are 5 to a stand.

However, most folks don't care that much.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down