The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules question.

5 posters

Go down

Rules question. Empty Rules question.

Post by rokassan Sat May 02, 2009 10:01 pm

Eric and I played our first game today. Here's a situation that arose. A unit of Easterlings was engaged in combat with a unit of Rohirim cavalry. They were subsequently flanked by more cavalry and hit in the rear. My unit managed to destroy the cavalry to their front. At this point Eric and I were confused as to how my unit would react to the situation. We could find no explanation in the rule book. Common sense and real life would tell you that the unit having destroyed the enemy to their front would turn to face their flanker or the enemy to their rear...whichever posed the biggest threat. Or would they be moronic automatons and stand there flanked and attacked from the rear and continue to be beaten down til they were destroyed?

Another situation that arose was when Eric charged my rear...of the three Companies I had one was to the rear in support. Would this unit stop his attacking formation from basing one of my companies to the front. Basically Eric's unit would not be formed in a straight line, one company would move forward a bit more to base one of my frontal companies to get bonuses.

Here's the pic. Youll see Erics Rohirim infantry to my rear. Could the company on the left move forward on the charge to base one of my front companies to get the rear attack bonus. Or would he have to stop as he's positioned in the pic?
Rules question. IMG_3850

We did take pictures and Ill post them in a bit and give a unbiased battle report. Eric and I really enjoyed the game...it gets two thumbs up.

Last edited by rokassan on Sat May 02, 2009 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rules question. Empty Re: Rules question.

Post by rokassan Sat May 02, 2009 10:05 pm

Oh yeah, Amdur is a baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad motherfucker. Trolls are nasty as well, but not unstoppable. Eric rolled badly when it counted to kill Mungo.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sat May 02, 2009 10:23 pm

That basard had 4 wound counters and I rolled a one..... the only thing that would not have killed him!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun May 03, 2009 2:31 am

Yeah, thats just bad dice luck right there. Did you guys remember the d3'' fall back for every wound counter he gets?

As for your questions, I have no answers as I haven't played or read enough yet to know.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun May 03, 2009 9:15 am

For the first question - you would have the option to turn around in your next moevement phase, but for the current combat phase he is in your rear flank.

For the second question -
It depends on the spearhead company. You move your spearhead company first, and then the others move and must form up in LEGAL formation.

If the spearhead hit the rear easterling company, he would be required to stop corner to corner as he has in the pic.

If the spearhead company had hit the front company of easterling, the 2nd could move up right behind it (thus going corner to corner with the back unit of easterlings) and you would have the rear bonus on both companies.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun May 03, 2009 10:24 am

And then on th next turn during the movement phase he could turn around to face the rear?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon May 04, 2009 3:53 am

Hurricane wrote:And then on th next turn during the movement phase he could turn around to face the rear?

I'm not sure where you are confused.
After the combat phase, you seperate the formations 1 inch, determine the winner, check for disorder, and then play the next turn.

The next turn starts with movement, so you would have the option to turn around to the rear at that point.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue May 05, 2009 1:05 pm

Shadow is right, you seperate about an inch from each other, determine who won battle, the loser then performs a panic roll (banner permits a re-roll), then a courage test (you may take more causalities depending on dice results), if opponents stay, then you proceed to the next turn if this was you last battle.

Turning around a company is permitted and is a free move (page 32, second column, paragraph four "moving formations").

What can not do is change the position of the movement tray unless you wheel and that takes movement points and you can not collide with impassable terrain, an enemy or even another friendly formation (all of this is cover in pages 32 and 33).

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down