The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interest in FOW Escalation League?

+2
Ovich
scurrdi
6 posters

Go down

FOW Escalation League?

Interest in FOW Escalation League? Vote_lcap86%Interest in FOW Escalation League? Vote_rcap 86% 
[ 6 ]
Interest in FOW Escalation League? Vote_lcap14%Interest in FOW Escalation League? Vote_rcap 14% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 7

Interest in FOW Escalation League? Empty Interest in FOW Escalation League?

Post by scurrdi Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:05 pm

Hey everyone,

So I had this thought the other day. We've got a couple of guys (Lil' Ceasar, Nate, Ray, and Cosmo are a couple that I know of) who have expressed interested in FOW but haven't really seen any movement on this.

Also, some of us haven't gotten all of our stuff painted yet.

So, I thought to myself, why not have an escalation league! We can start in the middle of May and have bi-weekly updates or something. I'll write some sort of rules system for it. This way, those of you who are interested can spread out your purchases and learning curve (much easier to learn by smaller games) and also get our stuff painted up in the process! Also, for us veterans, it'd be a chance to either start a new army or get our current stuff painted!

So what do you guys think?? Gimmie your feedback!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Interest in FOW Escalation League? Empty Re: Interest in FOW Escalation League?

Post by Ovich Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:26 pm

I'd prefer if it was on the weekends instead of a weeknight.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:47 pm

I'm all for it, it would definitely be a nice way to plunge into the game more smoothly.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Fri Apr 03, 2009 11:51 pm

I'd be game for that. I'm trying to finish up assembly and maybe undercoating of some 40k, but was definitely looking at getting either Fantasy or FOW ready next. I'd prefer morning weekends though.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:37 am

Most sundays are good for me, and weekdays depending on my class schedule.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:05 pm

Well, here's what one of my master plans would be.

First off, I'd prefer it to be on the weekends as well. But, here's another part of it I was thinking.

We'd meet like once every 2 weeks or so to do an "army showcase" where you show off your painted army up until that point (for the point value we've determined). At this point we'll also announce the standings and any particular special things we want to throw in for that week.

Then, for any of the new guys (or anyone in general) we could talk about tactics (I figured for the first one or two times we'd talk basic rules, force composition, etc.). It'd only take a couple of hours MAX.

After that, you'd have 2 weeks to organize a maximum number of games to play (say 2 or 3) against anyone else in the league, at that point value. This way you guys can get your games in when you've got time, and match up against whomever you'd like.

In order to validate your games, a battle report by one of the players (preferably with photos! Very Happy ) Would occur on these forums, with the opposing player sending me or posting a reply saying that this is what happened (though with photos we should be fine).

What do ya think about that?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Sat Apr 04, 2009 2:55 pm

I'm a bit worried about painting every two weeks. I mean, I do most of my painting on the weekends during the day. If one of those days is taking by actually playing, that means a much smaller window of time, and I don't know how long it takes to paint FoW. I know for Warhammer, I take a LOT of hours to do a squad.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Sat Apr 04, 2009 5:59 pm

as i'm preparing to make a big purchase in another game I can't financially (or chronologically) support yet *ANOTHER* game. maybe next time
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Apr 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Boo Ray!

Well Vycem, we'll talk about the painting bit. I play 40k too and I've found that painting FOW can be pretty easy (depending on to what level you want to paint your stuff of course). We can talk about seeing how to make the rules, by no means will they my word of law.

Good thoughts though! Any others?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down