The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics

+4
scurrdi
Joshwow1
DarkAngel_Cesar
ShadowMaster
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics Empty 40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:52 am

Start time is 10 AM

4588 N. University Drive, Lauderhill
email: gaming@tatescomics.com
www.tatescomics.com/gaming

Call the store to register.
http://www.tatescomics.com/gaming/CALpdfs/Jan10_tgsCal.pdf

ESCALATION DETAILS
Your total Army can muster out to be 2,250 points.

You will be playing 3 games.

(Block A)In the first game your list can be between 700-800 points and must consist of an HQ and two Troop Choices!
(Block B)In the second game you will use your first list and combine it with your second list. The second list is also between 700-800 points.
(Block C) In the third and final game you will add a 3rd and final list between 700-800 Points cost.

Now the catch is @ the end of the 3rd round your list must meet a Tourney Leagle Force orginization chat. No more then X amount Elites no more then X amount Heavy's and X amount fast attack.

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:43 am; edited 2 times in total
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics Empty Re: 40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:28 pm

Anyone thinking of going so we could car pool?

--Cesar

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics Empty Re: 40K Escalation Tournement - Sun, Jan 24th at Tate's Comics

Post by Joshwow1 Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:50 pm

I got gas money for a car pool. But two questions.

A) Whatr is escalation? Just a title?
B) How many points?

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Sun Jan 03, 2010 8:47 pm

I will call and find out exactly. I got my car be willing to drive up their Josh. Just a heads up.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Escalation means the points are raised each round.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:03 pm

yup yup i will call them tomorrow to get all the specific's!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:22 pm

Yeah, you start smaller points and then grow each round, usually to tournament size by round 3 (though sometimes larger).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:15 am

Well senor ceasar, I will check my work schedule and get back to you!

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:59 pm

Ok! I got some Info and it sounds pretty fun!

This is the way it's going to happen. Your total Army can muster out to be 2,250 points.

We will be playing 3 games.

(Block A)In the first game your list can be between 700-800 points and must consist of an HQ and two Troop Choices!
(Block B)In the second game you will use your first list and combine it with your second list. The second list is also between 700-800 points.
(Block C) In the third and final game you will add a 3rd and final list between 700-800 Points cost.

Now the catch is @ the end of the 3rd round your list must meet a Tourney Leagle Force orginization chat. No more then X amount Elites no more then X amount Heavy's and X amount fast attack.

I spoke to Brad when i called about 10mins ago sooooo let me know what you guys think!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:41 pm

Thanks C - Added to the top post
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:12 pm

Sounds awkward, not entirely sure if I will go under those conditions. Playing an 800 pt game just sounds funny

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:25 pm

it's actually quite fun to be honest.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:54 pm

While the 800 is on the small side, the 2250 game is on the large side - so that should balance out.

Sounds kinda cool IMO
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:13 pm

Its different. Which is good imo
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm

ya you go from 800 to 1600 to 2250 sounds like alot of fun.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:35 pm

What I like that 800 points is basically the Necron battleforce, heh.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:23 pm

Sure, I'll give it a shot, ceasar, you got me and matt ready to roll with ya bro

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:55 pm

aite! that's about the most i can fit in my ride. LoL Little 2 door Nissan.

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:33 am

Haha fuh sho! It's a date

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:29 pm

Just got off the phone with Brad from Tate's. I will not be attending this event.
A) He has no people skills what so ever and is completely rude. I initiated my question to the best of my ability (because it is a simple base question with many confusing branches) and he immediately cut me off mentioning how the conversation did not need to go any further if he explained the rules (condescendingly of course). So I let him, he was explaining the rules to me as if I didn't know or could not comprehend them properly. I knew what I was reading, I was just simply asking him a question due to certain hinderances that the tournament rules would give my army which I thought MIGHT have been an over-sight. And at no point did I give him attitude, I work with the public, I know how to speak properly and politely when needed. I sensed his frustration and I immediately told him "Sir, I am not arguing or getting snotty with you" he said "Well there will be no exceptions sir this conversation need not go further".....Wow, really? that's how you handle things when it gets difficult? Do you not have a codex you can refer to to see WHY the FUCK I might be asking my question? Fine. Run a shammy business with horrible customer service.

B) A certain integral unit of my army benefits from large squad members. Example. If I have 5 members I am granted such and such item, 10 grants a second such and such item. Well, ontop of the fact they are being used as a sergeants in my army (split of at the beginning of the game) I thought, well I could probably work around it. But I can not. Because they are seperate armies working as one, so if I take ten in one list (which is the only way I can drop the points into a single block to bring em in) I can't use em as sergeants for the rest of my army, simply because they are in their own army of block c. They also can not be taken in a unit of less than 3. So it's not like I can take some in each block cause their are other things I need to take to attempt to be competetive. Which again, I can't benefit from certain things due to it being a single list in 3 seperate sections.

It's confusing for my army, he refused to even listen to my reason (cause our conversation needed to not push forward and ABSOLUTELY NO exceptions can be made) and I can't take different units simply cause I don't have other units.

Maybe I am being prissy and whiney, but it's difficult for a paying participant to join a game with rules that almost completely push his army to the side. If someone understands me , cool, if not I can probably explain better in person. If someone else would like to try and explain this to fucking Brad or someone else who is worth the air and semen. Please do.

Oh yeah, and if you're black Templars, you would literally HAVE to take 3 emperor's champions if you make your army lists 750 or more for each brackets. Now you dont have to make it 750, but then your at a huge point disadvantage. If you run eldrad, good luck trying to fortune block a from block b, because you are technically not allowed to due to the units technically not being with eldrad since they are in seperate lists. Got vulkan in block A? well your meltas in block c are not twin-linked, and fuck the thunder hammers in block b.

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:02 pm

The point of the event is to be creative in the list builds. I'm sure everyone has some challenges with this.

Based on that long, drawn out, recap - it sounds like you were asking for an exception and your pissed you were denied.

The event is free, so your not a "paying customer". The $5 covers your pizza and drink.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:06 pm

Wait... they're separate armies?

Separate FoC and everything?

eldar farseers can fortune/guide another eldar unit regardless of whether or not they're the same army
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:10 pm

I was denied respect.

I wasn't asking for an exception, I was asking for him to understand that with his logic, most armies would not even benefit from their own special rules.

"Make your list like 3 different lists fighting side by side" To me, that means we are playing a pseudo-tiny- apoc game with three seperate armies in our hands.

If he would have explained himself better and not used retarded logic. I would not have been pissed.

"Ok sir" Would have been the response.

Btw, did you even read what I said? I clearly was not looking for an exception. Just more of an explination as to how the event will work exactly, minus the attitude.

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:12 pm

I was just making a point Chris, I don't know exactly how Eldar work. I took what he said as three different lists (armies) combining as one army (but somehow seperate) from the way he was explaining it to me. Or attempting to explain.

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:14 pm

Either way, I am not looking for an exception ,nor do I honstly care of the rules. I just think the amount of disrespect I received pushed me over the edge. Whether they decide to make exceptions for who and who ever's mother or what not, I will not attend. Plastic army men is one thing. Disrespecting a person is different. Especially when you run a business.

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next