The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I finally have a Panzergrenadier platoon in front of me...

3 posters

Go down

I finally have a Panzergrenadier platoon in front of me... Empty I finally have a Panzergrenadier platoon in front of me...

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:29 pm

...and I can't for the life of me figure out how to base the suckers.

According to the vignette I read (Ostfront book, pg. 36) I'll be using 4 guys to a stand for 8 man squads. But I was wondering if I could model one stand as a MG team and another stand as a Rifle team and call the whole squad a Rifle/Mg Team Squad without folks griping. A vignette in the main rulebook (pg. 67, the small rulebook from Open Fire!) indicates they are rifle/mg teams in order to streamline gameplay and it's a representation taken as opposed to literally including separate teams and keeping track.

I wanted to model them in a more literal fashion but I did not want to have a huge conflict with how my stuff is based.

Also: Are some of the Gunners in the blister using their ammo loaders to hold the bipod legs up as they fire or am I just seeing to much into the posture of the machinegunners that are kneeling and their matching ammo carriers?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

I finally have a Panzergrenadier platoon in front of me... Empty Re: I finally have a Panzergrenadier platoon in front of me...

Post by scurrdi Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:32 pm

To answer your second first, your reading too much into the models I think.

As for your first question, I don't think alot of folks will care, just so long as you count ALL of them as the same. Basically, if they are all supposed to be R/MG teams, then count them all as that. Platoons in FOW generally don't mix infantry types (save for anti-tank and mortars) so you should be fine, so long as it's 4 guys per stand.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

I finally have a Panzergrenadier platoon in front of me... Empty Re: I finally have a Panzergrenadier platoon in front of me...

Post by rokassan Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 am

Each squad had one MG42 in it. A squad consists of two stands or sections. In the term rifle machinegun squad the machinegun part refers to the one MG42 per squad. In a Machinegun squad each section had an MG42 that meaning two MG42's per squad. So that said, of the six infantry stands in your platoon 3 will be modeled with MG42's and 3 will not. My Italians are the same as are all squads labeled Rifle/Machinegun. Its assumed that if the stand modeled with the MG42 is eliminated the other stand picks up the MG42. Retaining the ROF 2.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down