The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Eastern Front Book

4 posters

Go down

New Eastern Front Book Empty New Eastern Front Book

Post by luis the young Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:16 pm

I havent gotten a chance to look at it, but if anyone has. Is it much better than OstFront ? Im thinking abou tgetign i tto use fo rthe tourney this weekend.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

New Eastern Front Book Empty Re: New Eastern Front Book

Post by TheLimey Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:24 am

Is it's anything like the North Africa book, then yes.....
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:37 am

Well if you got osfront you know what to expect. It's just a revision, so if you didn't have much use for Osfront before then your likely not going to care about the new version as much. If you did like what Osfront offered then you will want the new book for sure for the upgrades.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:14 pm

I have the old book and the new one and it's significantly cleaned up. They also flesh out a lot of the other forces available for the time/place.

If you read the designer notes on the website, I think they point out Fearless tanks got a general points reduction (SS, Finnish, Soviet armor etc.).

They have militia lists for the Soviets; so, if you want even -crappier- troops: there you go. I think they get fewer Division options, but a surplus of Batallion level options (a few more HMG's in the list than a standard infantry list would provide).

Maybe it's just me, but unless my math was way off before, Hummels are significantly more costly than before (at least so much that I can't even fathom to field the battery of Hummels I have now in a 'standard wargame point range for a game').

I don't have the book in front of me right now (it's maybe a yard behind me, but I don't care to grab it at the moment) but if you want to know anything else in particular, ask?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:38 am

Hummels may have gone up. They were so close in points to Wespes that few people actually took Wespes, despite them being far more common.
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:50 am

Thanks guys. Is the book structured the same as the Fortres Europe book ? No more 1 support per infantry company and restrictions like that ?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:15 am

Yes all their books use the same format pretty much now.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down