The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10.Panzerdivision Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Kompanie List (First Draft)

5 posters

Go down

10.Panzerdivision Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Kompanie List (First Draft) Empty 10.Panzerdivision Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Kompanie List (First Draft)

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:45 pm

Company HQ (140)
Two Panzerknackers (2 SdKfz 251/1C Half-Tracks) and Püppchen (SdKfz 251/1C Half-Track)

Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Platoon (290)
Panzerknacker Command (SdKfz 251/10C (3.7cm) Half-Track)
3 Platoons w/ 3 SdKfz 251/1C Half-Tracks

Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Platoon (290)
Panzerknacker Command (SdKfz 251/10C (3.7cm) Half-Track)
3 Platoons w/ 3 SdKfz 251/1C Half-Tracks

Armored Heavy Platoon (200)
2 Machine Gun Sections

Gepanzerte Pathfinder Platoon (165)
3 Squads

Panzer Platoon -465
1 Panzer IV E
2 Panzer III H & 2 Panzer G's

Priority Air Support - 200
Hs 129B

Total: 1750

I was looking through the books and managed to put down what I figured would be a cohesive, highly mobile, multi-task capable force following the philosophy of the force's organization 'few men, many guns'.

Any thoughts? Anything I did flat out incorrectly because I misunderstood books?

Last edited by Autarch (CM) on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:13 pm; edited 4 times in total
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

10.Panzerdivision Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Kompanie List (First Draft) Empty Re: 10.Panzerdivision Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Kompanie List (First Draft)

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:49 pm

Looks solid but I think it needs artillery and a mortar section added to the heavy platoon.

EDIT:

Company HQ w/ halftracks and 2 panzerknackers-85

Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Platoon w/ 3 squads and panzerknacker-290

Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Platoon w/ 3 squads and panzerknacker-290

Armored Heavy Platoon w/ 1 MG section and mortar section-

Motorised scout Platoon w/ 3 squads-165

Panzer Platoon w/ 1 Panzer IV E and 4 panzer III G's-465

Motorised Artillery Battery-225

Total=1750

Now you have smoke and artillery

Last edited by Warlord Solskritt on Thu Oct 09, 2008 4:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

10.Panzerdivision Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Kompanie List (First Draft) Empty Re: 10.Panzerdivision Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Kompanie List (First Draft)

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Oct 09, 2008 3:59 pm

EDIT: Fixed the list, I was short 15 points so I upgraded another Panzer to the IV E

Would it be wiser to switch the two machine gun sections for a mortar section and apply the following points to bolster the mortars with some additional ordnance?

I haven't covered the stuff concerning mortars/artillery in the book yet as I've read through it, what inherent benefits do they provide? Is it something my list seems to be lacking?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:50 pm

Smoke is an option which I think as a German Panzer army your going to want to take. It protects your troops from serious harm when necessary. Just 2 tubes of mortars should cover that department.

Otherwise I think the list looks pretty solid for Mid-War (right?). You'll want the 2 full HMG squads as mid-war will tend to see more infantry armies. Maybe find the points elsewhere (I don't know the german book that well) ?

Hope that helps!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:58 pm

scurrdi wrote:Smoke is an option which I think as a German Panzer army your going to want to take. It protects your troops from serious harm when necessary. Just 2 tubes of mortars should cover that department.

Otherwise I think the list looks pretty solid for Mid-War (right?). You'll want the 2 full HMG squads as mid-war will tend to see more infantry armies. Maybe find the points elsewhere (I don't know the german book that well) ?

Hope that helps!

I could possibly drop the air support down a notch and upgrade the remaining Panzers to IV E's, which all have Smoke bombardments available for that premise.

My huge complaint with considering artillery is their lack of mobility. Has that been an issue with artillery guns?
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:48 am

Not really, your guns hardly ever move since they have the range to bombard anywhere on the table. Is this a latewar list? If so, dropping your air support to sporadic is a bad idea. 3 dice is practically worthless, it is very likely that you would never roll in any airsupport. You either need limited or none at all in my opinion. And if you go with none then I would suggest some mobile anti-aircraft guns.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:43 am

The only worry I have with this list, is my typical worry, not enough heavy AT. The Panzer IV is good, and I believe so is the Puppenchen (I never use that so I dunno), but you only have 1 P.IV and it could get knocked out fairly easy. I would maybe make 1 of the armored infantry platoons into motorized and take another Panzer IV.

I think this list would be great against infantry, but maybe not so hot against armor.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:00 am

Company HQ - 45 (Total: 85)
Command Panzerknacker SMG Team
SdKfz 251/1C Half-Track
2ic Panzerknacker SMG Team
SdKfz 251/1C Half-Track

Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Platoon - 220 (Total: 290)
SdKfz 251/10C (3.7cm) Half-Track
3 - MG Teams
3 - SdKfz 251/10C Half-Tracks

Gepanzerte Panzergrenadier Platoon - 220 (Total: 290)
SdKfz 251/10C (3.7cm) Half-Track
3 - MG Teams
3 - SdKfz 251/10C Half-Tracks

Armoured Heavy Platoon - 200 (Total: 200)
Command SMG Team
SdKfz 251/1C Half-Track
2 - MG34 HMG
2 - SdKfz 251/1C Half-Track

Scout Platoon - 165 (Total: 165)
Command MG Team
Motorcycle & Sidecar with MG
3 - MG Teams
3 - Motorcycles and Sidecars with MGs

Light Infantry Gun Platoon - 95 (Total: 100)
Command SMG Team
Kfz 15 Field Car
Observer Rifle Team
Motorcycle and Sidecar
2 - 7.5cm IeIG18 Gun
2 - SdKfz 10 Half-Tracks

Panzer Platoon - 360 (Total: 420)
Command Panzer IV F1
3 - Panzer IV E

Priority Air Support - 200 (Total: 200)
Hs 129B

Total: 1750

Next Draft: It's a Midwar list. I finagled the points to upgrade all the tanks to the IV E/F1 marks, so they provide smoke bombardments along with the Light Gun Platoon, I like this list a lot more, honestly.

Not enough Anti-Armor? I have two PaK36's, the Panzerknackers, IeIG18 Guns, the Panzers and the Hs 129B. Is more really requisite? I could scrap the armored heavy platoon altogether, as the other half-tracks in the company can provide the requisite amounts of gunfire, I suppose.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:16 pm

I think your fine with the amount of AT you've got. My American list looks similar and if your facing against alot of armor you will normally mean that your defending so the tanks will eventually have to assault your infantry.

Big tanks don't scare infantry, just other tanks. If you prioritize and figure out what your AT can take out and play it your advantage (flank attacks and forcing the enemy armor to assault your infantry-loaded panzerknackers) then you'll be in good shape.

I like that list.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Grombart Fri Oct 10, 2008 2:49 pm

scurrdi wrote:
Big tanks don't scare infantry, just other tanks. If you prioritize and figure out what your AT can take out and play it your advantage (flank attacks and forcing the enemy armor to assault your infantry-loaded panzerknackers) then you'll be in good shape.

I like that list.

I've been fairly successful with armor assaulting infantry. As for panzerknackers..well you could get 1 by downgrading your platton command to a SMG unit, and maybe get 2 by attaching your Company CO or 2I to the unit, but I wouldn't depend on them too much. Remember they still need to make a morale check to assault or counter-assault tanks and with Confident troops that's %50 of the time. Sad.

But I like that new list, looks pretty mean.
Grombart
Grombart
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 280

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:15 pm

The one thing that I don't like and of course this is personal preference. The Light Gun Platoon. I don't like artillery platoons with less then 3 guns because you have to re-roll hits which makes it not to good in my opinion.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down