The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epic Heroes (or whatever they are called)

4 posters

Go down

Epic Heroes (or whatever they are called) Empty Epic Heroes (or whatever they are called)

Post by scurrdi Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:16 pm

Everyone seems to field these guys.

What do they do in the game? Are they so awesome that they must be taken all the time? What the dealio?

Sorry, I'm just curious, cause thats all I've ever heard about it.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Epic Heroes (or whatever they are called) Empty Re: Epic Heroes (or whatever they are called)

Post by Frantic Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:55 pm

I dont have any epic heros... but I plan on getting radagast the brown wizard just to be able to wield some magicalness. But you need either an epic hero or a legendary formation to lead your army. And both of those pretty bad ass most of the time which is why you hear alot about them.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Epic Heroes (or whatever they are called) Empty Re: Epic Heroes (or whatever they are called)

Post by scurrdi Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:04 am

Well lets say JC fields Saurman or whatever. What does he do to make him so sexy awesome (aside from being a pimp white wizard)?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:57 am

I dont remember alot of his stuff off the top of my head but I know hes got crazy spells and some nice abilities. One I remember is that if you try and charge his formation and you roll a 1-3 your charge stalls.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:46 pm

An Epic Hero is suppose to re-create certain characters in the book/movie of LotR.Also it is another game element.

Right now I have fielded only Faramir. But I have Theoden and I think Eomer.

Last night Faramir perform an "Epic Strike" and a "Heroic fight" against Insengard Pikemen and wipe them out. It help that the pikemen had been peppered by Gondorain bowmen, who then in turn assisted in the attack.

In the battle with JC's Isengard pikemen Faramir lost in a duel with Lurtz and was killed.

So you can see having an Epic Hero can have mixed outcomes depending on your tactics and configuration.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Apr 15, 2009 1:24 pm

Im getting Amdur "Lord of Blades",Khamul the Easterling and eventually all his buddies to make that epic unit and The Mouth of Sauron. Also Black Numenorean Warriors and Morgul Knights. I read the rules I like how they play. I started painting my Easterlings, Eric helped speed up the process. This is my painting project until I have a viable army.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:16 pm

Well if you ever want to play with what you have so far I let you use some Haradrim to bolster your force.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:38 pm

Sounds good. Are the Haradim worth getting?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:50 am

Rok, the whole Easterling, Hardrim, Khandish, Corsair group is probably the most versatile army in the entire game. So if you like choices, the Fallen Kingdoms is a good area.

Jerryb
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:10 pm

I love the Haradrim. They have relatively weak defense compared to most other human armies but make up for it with their poisoned tiped spears/bows.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:42 pm

Just poison?

How about Mamuk?

How about those Epic Heroes?

How the all army choices?

I am looking forward to developing my Fallen Kingdoms armies.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:14 pm

POSION ! thats all that matter Jerry and dont you forget it ! Razz Oh... also the cool paint schemes.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down