The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

March 27 WWII 28mm Disposable Heroes historical gaming demo

3 posters

Go down

March 27  WWII 28mm Disposable Heroes historical gaming demo Empty March 27 WWII 28mm Disposable Heroes historical gaming demo

Post by Vycem Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Hey guys, just passing the word:

"March 27 WWII Disposable Heros 28mm
Run by: Duane Cunningham

Saturday March 27 at 10:00AM at the Sunshine Adventure Gaming Store in Coral Gables Duane will run the first in a series of games by SMG which we hope will promote historical gaming in South Florida, recruit new members for SMG and boost Joel's historical gaming business."

They're basically bringing all you need to play. The way they usually work is recreate a large battle and give each player a division, or something along those lines (though at this scale, it might just be a squad or two, don't know the details)

This is a Historical Miniature gaming group that I've gamed with in the past. They usually meet in Coral Springs, but I've put them in contact with Joel who's been looking to expand into historicals. They're starting with 28mm WW2 to attract new players but really they play all time periods and scales, including ancients, WWI, etc.

You can check out their website at:

http://www.soflgamers.org/

Don't be misled by the March 20th description for the game! They just moved it to the 27th.

Check out the pictures section! These guys always play with fully painted armies in an awesome terrain board.

One big plus is that most of the games they run, you don't need to have an army (though you're welcome to have your own), they usually have more than enough to play with, so there's no cost to play. So if you want to try out a new game for free with a bunch of players, feel free to drop by.

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Mon Mar 29, 2010 8:47 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : moved to tourney and events - sticky)

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

March 27  WWII 28mm Disposable Heroes historical gaming demo Empty Re: March 27 WWII 28mm Disposable Heroes historical gaming demo

Post by Frantic Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 am

I've always wanted to try WWII in 28mm. Might just have to come and check it out.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

March 27  WWII 28mm Disposable Heroes historical gaming demo Empty Re: March 27 WWII 28mm Disposable Heroes historical gaming demo

Post by scurrdi Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:16 pm

Might be fun. Not sure if I can make it right away or not though. Got stuff with my kids until about 2 pm or so.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down