The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Epic hero Buffs.

5 posters

Go down

Epic hero Buffs. Empty Epic hero Buffs.

Post by Saj Wed May 06, 2009 1:50 pm

Ok, so last night Mike said that Pathfinder that comes from Epic heroes (pathfinder moutains from Gimli in my case) does not carry over to the formation.

Can anyone (Jerry perhaps) clarify this. I personally dont think it makes any sense. If a hero has Terror or orcbane that is supposed to carry over to the formation.

Saj
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 92
Armies : Dwarfs. Lots of dwarfs.
Registration date : 2009-04-28

Back to top Go down

Epic hero Buffs. Empty Re: Epic hero Buffs.

Post by ShadowMaster Wed May 06, 2009 2:16 pm

IIRC
There is nothing that states that EH abilites carry over to the formation.

It is stated that formation abilites carry over to the EH who joins the formation.

Terror still take effect, because your still charging or still being charged by the terror model(s) along with the formation.

Also, remember that epic heros are designed to move from formation to formation (18"), so you could stil benefit from the pathfinsing ability.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Saj Wed May 06, 2009 2:37 pm

But then what about things like orcbane and trollbane. Do those only count for the hero on a duel?

Saj
Traitor Guardsman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed May 06, 2009 3:08 pm

Saj wrote:But then what about things like orcbane and trollbane. Do those only count for the hero on a duel?

Sounds like it would, unless it would only count for the company that the Hero joined and not the formation.

I didnt know Heroes could leave their formations and join another one 18 inches? away.
So a hero can move 18 inches in one go ?!?!?
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Saj Wed May 06, 2009 3:18 pm

If its just on the hero and not the formation, gimili looks a lot less enticing now. I really liked orcbane because with the kazad guard i could run around with a 7def, 5str, 2handers that give me a +1 on my roll, and orcbane that gives me another +1(against orcs). On shielded orcs, i would have to roll 2's to kill.

Saj
Traitor Guardsman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed May 06, 2009 4:11 pm

There is no guess work on this one. On page 69 (see box lower right "Epic Hero's and special rules) it states that an Epic Hero CAN share the companies special rules, however the company does NOT share the Epic Hero's special abilities unless otherwise stated.

An Epic Hero does not need pathfinder to get from formation to formation, he/she just needs to be within 18 inches (page 68 "Moving Epic Hero's").

So the special rules listed for Mr. G and any Hero, Epic or otherwise are a bit odd. I need to research this further.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Saj Wed May 06, 2009 4:25 pm

It also says in the epic hero section that an epic hero is NOT an upgrade to a formation, altho that might mean he doesnt count as an additional unit in the formation.

Saj
Traitor Guardsman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed May 06, 2009 4:55 pm

luis the young wrote:
Saj wrote:But then what about things like orcbane and trollbane. Do those only count for the hero on a duel?

Sounds like it would, unless it would only count for the company that the Hero joined and not the formation.

I didnt know Heroes could leave their formations and join another one 18 inches? away.
So a hero can move 18 inches in one go ?!?!?

Only Epic Heros.
Legendary and command upgrades must stay with their formation.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed May 06, 2009 5:29 pm

Yes Luis, at the begining of the move phase EH's may move to another friendly formation that is within 18 inches. And building and difficult terrain does not hinder or block movement.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed May 06, 2009 9:34 pm

imagine that...and here i thought Beaming technology was not available in Middle Earth.... Beam me up Gandalf !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Saj Wed May 06, 2009 10:08 pm

lol

Saj
Traitor Guardsman

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down