The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st

+3
Warlord Solskritt
ShadowMaster
jerryb
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st Empty WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:56 pm

There is a WoTR tournement at Sunshine Adventure Gaming on Sunday, May 31st.

7921 Bird Road #44
Miami, Florida 33155
(305) 264-1250

600 points
3 rounds
Start Time: 1 pm

Organizer: Jerryb

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:59 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Add details on date and points; make sticky)
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st Empty Re: WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:02 pm

Why 2 days?
I'd love to participate but 2 gaming Sundays in a row would draw alot of wife aggro. Mad
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st Empty Re: WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:24 pm

Shadowmaster, scheduling to me is one of the hardest parts to running a tournament.

After much discussion of the best possible times and dates, we decided that we would start later then normal and spread it over two weekends.

But, I have an idea. What if we start on a normal time, say 12:00PM and at 2:30PM the two weekend crew comes in, we add them to the tournament. Using this method you (one day players) would only be able to play three games, but depending on the results, that may be enough as sometimes players are totally knock out of placing in the winners circle.

I am open to solutions, but it must be decided and agreed on soon, so everyone who wants to play can make arrangements.

It has been my experience that several people can not be accommodate as it interferes with others, it's just impossible to adjust to everyone schedule. Some will simple will not be able to play on the date agreed, hence the reasoning of notifying the tournaments time and date as far ahead as possible.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:08 pm

I don't want anything adjusted for me.

Schedule it where it works for you and the store, if I can get there I will.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:39 pm

Shadowmaster, you point is valid, there are other players wondering of the odd split. I glad you brought it up, and I still think it could be option.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Apr 16, 2009 7:59 pm

sign me up!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:35 pm

You know i'll be there. Splitting into 2 days may be an issue. I think we may be able to work it out to start it earlier sunday. I'll let you know.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:09 am

If I could probably borrow some models I'll be in. I'll be starting my collection soon, but might not be at 500 pts by late May. I should be in town those weekends too.

I vote for 500 pts for quicker games. I also vote that we add some restrictions, like no monsters or epic heroes.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:56 am

I also think 500pts is ideal. But I dont think monsters or epic heros are a problem at all.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:16 am

Agreed, perhaps with a 500 point army the rounds will go quicker and therefore more games could be put in with less time.
May be hour and half per game, so that would be about 4.5 hours.

This will accomplish resolving several problems; all the games could play in one day; it would be a good way to introduce the game system since most players are not totally familiar with the WotR; less points mean players would not have to amass a large army in a short time.

We just need the majority approval, which I doubt anyone could reasonable give an objection.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:02 pm

I'll be there if we can get it down to ONE day, two days in a row and my wife's head starts spining in place like the exorcist. I should be able to do 500 points by late may. Just gonna move some of my Orc guys to use them as commands to Lotr round bases.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:23 pm

I have a bunch of extra WE from my recent trade and round bases from my DoC boxes (they come with both) - so I'm going to build me a poor man's elf army.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:37 pm

Luis, it was two separate weekends, the last two Sundays of the month, not two days back to back like Saturday/Sunday.
But it looks like that has been pretty much been taken off the table.

If proper game protocol is followed, monsters and Epic heroes should not be a problem.

For example, you could NOT field a 500 Balrog, because:
A) He's rare and you most have at least one common formation to match.
B) He is only native to Misty Mountain, so he would be an allie to every other army, and there for exceed the 25% rule.

You must have an Epic Hero or a Legendary formation. But given the circumstances, I think we can have a house rule to wave this because most players may not be ready with this.

But I highly recommend having an Epic Hero, at least two or more commanders.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:30 pm

that sounds good. change the leadership requirement two at least 2 commanders of any kind or an Epic hero or Legendary formation.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:51 pm

I like that rule, I just think that having monsters in there may be pretty tough. I mean you can fit some in there without too much trouble.

But hey, it's whateva, we'll go with the flow!

PS, I'm down for either weekend, just need to know which one and the start times, etc. If I had a vote, it'd be for the LAST weekend in May so as to get a couple more games in.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:58 pm

It looks good for me to be there. I have Sundays off now and the 230 start time would be much better for me.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Apr 17, 2009 8:16 pm

This game does well in the balance. Monsters are a give and take. My rangers make short work of them on the regular Smile

By the last sunday of the month do do you mean the 31st ? Either works for me but I figured the sunday b4 memorial might be better since most of us dont have to work the next morning.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:25 pm

Frantic,

If I can't get my 500 pts ready to go could I borrow a company of your rangers to flesh out the force a bit?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:03 pm

So which day is it gonna be? and how many points? I say we do 750.500pts is so small...oh and if anyone needs to borrow warg riders or orcs just ask I've got a lot of 'em.And Luis don't forget I gotta give you those 19 goblins and a troll so you should have enough for a 750 force.
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:23 pm

Personally I vote for 500.

I know that its a small number of points to play but since there are several new players joining in, you'd be able to include more folks by making this first event smaller.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:42 am

I think 500 is good. Its a bit small but surprisingly alot of my best games have been 500pts. scurrdi, I might be able to part with a few ranger companies..depends on the amount of points we decide on and how I build my force. If I cant lend you my rangers I can definitely lend you something to bolster your forces with.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:48 am

Alright, thanks for the heads up Frantic. I'll PM you with more details as we get closer.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:54 pm

I believe no less than 500 points and no more then 600.

I was hoping for the last Sunday of May, but Frantic makes an excellent point, the 3 day weekend would give a lot of players leverage.

So 500 or 600 point? Last Sunday or Memorial weekend?

The reason I want to stay on the 500/600 is because most people are just starting with this system and anything more may put a strain on their wallets and we want the games to go fast so we can have 3 rounds and finally there is a learning curve, so during the course of the game this point bracket will reduce question and situations because there will less on the table.

Fair, yes?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:31 pm

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:34 pm

500 or 600 is fine for me. I think that should be left up to the players who are starting out to see what they can reach. Oh, and for those of you who dont have alot of troops dont forget about the fortunes and fates section. You can add another 150 points just be adding one of those. Many of which are very helpfull.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next