The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoTR Epic Battle at Sunshine - January 17th

+4
rokassan
jerryb
Frantic
ShadowMaster
8 posters

Go down

WoTR Epic Battle at Sunshine - January 17th Empty WoTR Epic Battle at Sunshine - January 17th

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:08 pm

UPDATE 12/26
I have confirmed the date of January 17th with Joel.
Move to Find a Game and Sticky

The Mass Battle event is confirmed!
12:30 pm
Confirmation and discussion thread here:

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com/battle-orders-f52/big-game-january-17th-t2721.htm

Evil -
Joe w/ Mordor
Luis w/ Misty Mountains
Mike's Hermana - Harad
Dave (mirkweasel) w/ Harad
Tom w/ Angmar
Bill w/ Misty Mountains

Good -
Rob w/ Elves
Oscar w/ Dwarves
Mike - Gondor
Juan w/ Dwarves
Dan w/ Gondor
Eric w/ Rohan

==================================================================================
At the fantasy tournement this past Sunday Joel asked me to organize a WoTR event for January. Right now I'd like to aim for Sunday, January 17th.

We can play in the usual 3 round tournement

However, with the WoTR 'Ard Boyz set for February, Dan and I thought it might be fun to have an alternative type of event. Something in the appoc, mass battle, siege setting. We have alot of table space, terrain, and room to setup a large, day long, mega battle in the corner if everyone likes the idea.

Leave some feedback here as to what would interest you and if you plan to attend on Jan 17th. Once I get some feedback I'll post the offical details in the Find-A-Game section.

Hope you can make it!

Last edited by ShadowMaster on Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:35 am; edited 7 times in total
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

WoTR Epic Battle at Sunshine - January 17th Empty Re: WoTR Epic Battle at Sunshine - January 17th

Post by Frantic Tue Dec 22, 2009 3:29 pm

I'm in! By that time I should have the Minas Tirith castle from Jerry. So we can use that to siege upon...Pelenor fields sound good ? Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

WoTR Epic Battle at Sunshine - January 17th Empty Re: WoTR Epic Battle at Sunshine - January 17th

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 22, 2009 4:52 pm

We talked about a recreation setting, but that is also dependent on who plays and what armies they bring.

We definately will go good vs. evil

We definatly will be terrain heavy. Something that involves all pathfinder rules.

Some sort of siege option is most definately in play. Maybe a capture the flag.

I saw Eddy on Sunday, but that was before Joel asked me about this. Can you see if he's interested. Maybe check with Oscar too.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Dec 22, 2009 5:27 pm

Frantic, I will bring the castle items this Friday and I have siege towers!

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:11 pm

You should come play Jerry. Games are good to keep the stress down.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:32 pm

jerryb wrote:Frantic, I will bring the castle items this Friday and I have siege towers!

JerryB

Sooooooo... I guess youve quit playing LotR Jerry.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:22 am

As I said with Bill earlier, I'm down for a more "mega battle" style event. Penalor Fields sounds pretty fantastic to me, but any particular event could work!

Hell, I think it'd be fun to play like a "re-claiming Osgiliath" after Penalor Fields, with Rohan and everybody involved!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:51 am

I plotted out a couple of board layout options last night.

One is designed for a free for all objective based game. (based off of 9k point WH game I played with Garry, Erik, and Ronnie).

The other is designed for a massive pitch battle as teams with a capture the flag flair.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:11 pm

How about a historical re-enactment? To me those are the best.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:22 pm

The re-enactments are very dependent on specific troops.

We have such a mix of players and troops, not sure if a re-enactment will fit with who comes by to play.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:40 pm

We can make a loose re-enactment. As long as certain armies are present it should be fine. I like the idea of 2 teams and a mass battle better than a FFA regardless of what we do.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:12 pm

I am in for sure I have about 1,500 or elves then another 500 of heroes and some Rohan

Possible as a way to mix the siege and CTF we could do a one flag thing. Where one team has the castle and must defend the flag while the other team's objective is to remove it from the castle and bring it to there "side." To make it a little more fluffy possibly an artifact or "the ring" have Frodo be the objective

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Dec 24, 2009 11:50 pm

It's a possibility, and can work for whichever side has less points.

I like it.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Company_Orks Fri Dec 25, 2009 12:25 pm

i'm down, i'll bring my dwarfs of siegeforge
Death_Company_Orks
Death_Company_Orks
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 219
Armies : Blood Angels, and Death Company Orks. (Fantasy) Dwarfs
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:23 pm

Warbird wrote:I am in for sure I have about 1,500 or elves then another 500 of heroes and some Rohan

Possible as a way to mix the siege and CTF we could do a one flag thing. Where one team has the castle and must defend the flag while the other team's objective is to remove it from the castle and bring it to there "side." To make it a little more fluffy possibly an artifact or "the ring" have Frodo be the objective

The capture the flag scenario I plotted out actually fits this design pretty well.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:27 am

hmm, i'll see if i can get me a Misty Mountain force ready by this date.

You guys mind if i proxy bunch of my Goblin stuff for Misty Mountain figs ? i have pretty much eveyrthing i need in my NG force to create a Misty Mountain army Smile i just gotta change the bases.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:52 am

Hehe, oh Luis oh Luis.

I don't care. Very Happy

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:23 pm

Luis, I've got tons of Goblins and a few other things if you want to borrow them.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:29 pm

Thanks bud, i'll see if i can get me a working force by then, if not i'll take you up on the offer and burrow some of them.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:52 pm

Beg, borrow, or proxy - this is all for fun and anyone is welcome
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:30 pm

Awsone, cause i have everything to even bring Stone Giants and a Drake !

El Gigante version for Lord of the Ring !! The shadow of his Sombrero shall spell doom for Minas Tirith and the lands of Men !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:32 pm

Does Dave check these forums? If not, someone with his number should try to reach him. His army complete with mumak and chariots of fire would be a nice addition.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:03 pm

I saw Tom yesterday and I believe I mentioned it to him. He has to see about getting off of work though. More info to follow.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:08 pm

Any word from Eddie, Oscar, and/or Joseph?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down