The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st

+3
Warlord Solskritt
ShadowMaster
jerryb
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st - Page 2 Empty Re: WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st

Post by jerryb Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Players need to know what the points limit is, so is it fair to say then everyone or most agree that the points should be not less than 500 not more then 600.

I just don't want someone showing up with an army list they work on only to find out their opponent has a 800 point army.

Last Sunday or Memorial weekend?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st - Page 2 Empty Re: WoTR TOURNAMENT at Sunshine May 31st

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Apr 20, 2009 3:22 pm

With upgrades, I think everyone could pull off the 750.

not memorial day weekend
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon Apr 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Last Sunday of May and 750 point ceiling.

Anyone else?

I will make a command decision by this Friday, but I want to as fair as possible. And I ready know, not everyone is going to able to make it regardless of the date agreed.

So far most LotR/WotR know (at least all of the members who have read this post) there is going to be a tournament near the end of May and it will around 500 to 600 points

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:38 pm

I would like to stick to 600 pts if at all possible, and either weekend is ok with me.

Personally, 600 pts is more reasonable and I think it would be good to see more painted stuff on the table, which is much more likely with 600.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:25 pm

So whats the plan? What weekend and what point value?

I just wanna know so I can start thinking about it and figuring out what and if I need to buy anything for it. I didn't get to go out and play tonight so I might try to go out tomorrow and play a little.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:46 am

Command decision:

600 point ceiling.

Last Sunday of May.

12:30 PM Show - Games start at 1:00 PM; Three games; at hour and half (flexible on this item, may be two hours per game).

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:54 am

Ok, cool, last weekend of May is good cause im back from vacation then and i think i can get 600 points by then.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:33 am

nice. that extra hundred points will allow me to employ my secret weapon ! afro
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:26 pm

I believe the point spread is fair and not over the top considering most players just started this month. And I did not want to push anyone's wallet (even though you now a 20% discount Wink.

I went with the end of the month instead of the holiday because I believe more people will be available, with the holiday they may want or prefer to spend with their family.

I also think that the 600 point games will go fast, so one and half to two hours should be enough.

So game as much as possible between now and the tournament, get skills up!

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Apr 24, 2009 4:44 pm

what about cost ? Any idea what the entry fee will be ?
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:59 pm

Moved to Find a Game and updated the first post with the final date and point details.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Apr 24, 2009 7:51 pm

Thanks Bill!

Sign me up, I'm gonna do my best to get as close to 600 pts assembled and painted by then!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:12 pm

I think 600 is easier than you realize.

Yes, individual companies are pretty cheap - but command options cost a bunch. You can go horde, but IMO (with limited experience) you'll want some captains and banners.

You can also select 1 Fortune or Fate, which can cost 25-125

Also, while Goblins are super cheap; Legendary formations, Epic Heros, Elves, Dwarves, Wizards, Undead, and Monters all cost much more.

So while your box of orcs is only 90 points base, with a full command it is now 190. Add a L1 Shaman it is 290. I'm going from memory - this may be off a tick, but I think you see what I mean.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:45 am

Welp, fate has stepped in ( in the form of my wife ) and apparently instead of going on vacation on Labor day weekend, im going on vacation the following weekend. . . . . . . anyway we can move this to Labor day weekend sunday ??
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed May 20, 2009 4:31 pm

I heard that the tables might be 4x4 instead of the 4x6. Not sure if this is true but would like to voice my 2 cents. If we have enough room, I think we might as well use the 6x4 as it allows those armies that are cavalry based to use its benefits of movement as opposed to getting jammed into a 4x4 board that gives hoard armies an advantage.

Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu May 21, 2009 1:34 pm

It doesn't matter to me, maybe compromise on a 4x5? I think space is the key issue here.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 21, 2009 2:45 pm

scurrdi wrote:It doesn't matter to me, maybe compromise on a 4x5? I think space is the key issue here.

You can't make a 4x5 with battleboards
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu May 21, 2009 10:12 pm

And thats why the battleboards suck! Twisted Evil

I dunno what we'll do, thats up to Jerry.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2