The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corsairs of Umbar...Worst units in the game ?

4 posters

Go down

Corsairs of Umbar...Worst units in the game ? Empty Corsairs of Umbar...Worst units in the game ?

Post by Frantic Tue Jun 16, 2009 11:04 pm

I've mentioned this to some of you before...I think its a real let down that the corsairs of umbar are kinda crap. In the old skirmish rules they all carried throwing weapons (knives) at least ! that woulda been a little helpfull...

Corsair Raiding Party 25 points
Race Type M F S D A R C Mt
Corsairs of Umbar Man Infantry 6 4/4+ 3 3 8 1 3 -
Corsair Captain Man Infantry - 5/- - - - 2 4 2
Corsair Bo'sun Man Infantry - 3/- - - - 1 - 1

Wargear: Each company has hand weapons. The entire formation may be given either shields or bows.
Special Rules: Bo'sun.

Morannon Orcs 20 points

Morannon Orc Warriors Orc Infantry 6 3/- 4 5 8 1 2 -
Morannon Orc Captain Orc Infantry - 4/- - - - 2 3 2
Mordor Shaman Orc Infantry - 3/- - - - 1 3 1

Wargear: Each company has hand weapons and heavy armour. The entire formation may be given shields.

Easterling Cohort 25 points
Easterlings Man Infantry 6 4/4+ 3 5(7) 8 1 3 -
Easterling Captain - 5/- - - - 2 4 2
Dragon Knight - 7/- - - - 1 3 1
Easterling War Priest - 3/- - - - 1 3 1

Wargear: Each company has hand weapons, heavy armour and shields. The entire formation may be given pikes.

So why the hell would anyone ever take Corsairs over Easterlings? They should be 15-20 points per company. Unless you just want corsairs for fluff reasons you would have to be a fool to use these guys. At least the haradrim have their poisoned weapons and interesting things like the Harashin to give them a purpose to be fielded... hopefully these get errata because I think they are cool and I'd like to use them...but it seems like a waste of money to invest in a unit that is not competitive. Venting complete Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Corsairs of Umbar...Worst units in the game ? Empty Re: Corsairs of Umbar...Worst units in the game ?

Post by Hurricane Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:34 am

Very valid points. No, clue. Those should be 20pts per company.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Corsairs of Umbar...Worst units in the game ? Empty Re: Corsairs of Umbar...Worst units in the game ?

Post by jerryb Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:31 am

I think they should be 15 points.

I agree I think it is one of the numerous typo's.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:19 am

Maybe that's why the FAQ is taking so long!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:49 pm

Frantic wrote:I've mentioned this to some of you before...I think its a real let down that the corsairs of umbar are kinda crap. In the old skirmish rules they all carried throwing weapons (knives) at least ! that woulda been a little helpfull...

Corsair Raiding Party 25 points
Corsairs of Umbar Man Infantry 6 4/4+ 3 3 8 1 3 -
Corsair Captain Man Infantry - 5/- - - - 2 4 2
Corsair Bo'sun Man Infantry - 3/- - - - 1 - 1

Wargear: Each company has hand weapons. The entire formation may be given either shields or bows.
Special Rules: Bo'sun.

Morannon Orcs 20 points

Morannon Orc Warriors Orc Infantry 6 3/- 4 5 8 1 2 -
Morannon Orc Captain Orc Infantry - 4/- - - - 2 3 2
Mordor Shaman Orc Infantry - 3/- - - - 1 3 1

Wargear: Each company has hand weapons and heavy armour. The entire formation may be given shields.

Easterling Cohort 25 points
Easterlings Man Infantry 6 4/4+ 3 5(7) 8 1 3 -
Easterling Captain - 5/- - - - 2 4 2
Dragon Knight - 7/- - - - 1 3 1
Easterling War Priest - 3/- - - - 1 3 1

Wargear: Each company has hand weapons, heavy armour and shields. The entire formation may be given pikes.

So why the hell would anyone ever take Corsairs over Easterlings? They should be 15-20 points per company. Unless you just want corsairs for fluff reasons you would have to be a fool to use these guys. At least the haradrim have their poisoned weapons and interesting things like the Harashin to give them a purpose to be fielded... hopefully these get errata because I think they are cool and I'd like to use them...but it seems like a waste of money to invest in a unit that is not competitive. Venting complete Smile

I agree 100%. I was looking at them as well. Why waste the money? I love my Easterlings they are solid core troops with a good fight value and good armor. Thats why their the meat and potato's of my army.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:02 pm

I played Frantic's Easterlings last night (Tuesday) and that was a slug fest, not an easy game. A great army, well worth the point cost and a lot fun.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:10 pm

Well, those were my Haradrim. I own no easterlings Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:31 pm

Guess, I was punch drunk, you are right Haradrim with Suludan and Captain in each formation.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down