The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Americans Suffer Two Defeats in Sicily

2 posters

Go down

Americans Suffer Two Defeats in Sicily Empty Americans Suffer Two Defeats in Sicily

Post by scurrdi Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:30 pm

Over the weekend the Americans surged into combat this weekend, suffering two major setbacks in their offensive campaign in Sicily.

The opening volley occurred with the 3rd Infantry Division, 3rd Battalion, C Company, attempted to push a final rout on the Italian Paratroopers from a small farming village in a Fighting Withdrawl. While the Americans tried their best, the dug in Italian defenders managed to weather enough of the artillery storm to be undaunted and keep the Americans from achieving their objectives in time.

The following day the 1st Armored Division, 'Old Ironsides,' 2nd Battalion, A Company, was forced to Hold the Line against a counter-attack from a German Panzer Company. While the Americans had good positioning and seemed poised to stem the German tide, the sudden might of the Panzer attack left the armored infantry platoon cowering and the rest of the company could not muster the firepower necessary to force the Panzers from their objective.

Had two fun but tough games this past weekend. First one was on Saturday against Stephan's Italian Paras in Fighting Withdrawl. My artillery couldn't hit the broad side of a barn and with me failing multiple morale checks slowly my infantry down so that I came in piece-meal and couldn't budge the Fearless Vets from the objectives early enough.

My second game went against Matt's German Panzers on Sunday, Hold the Line. I changed things up and brought an armored company myself and while I thought things were going pretty well, I deployed my ambush poorly (I was defending) and he pushed me off the objective on turn 3. I couldn't unpin my armored infantry to contest and while I just needed to bail his one remaining tank, the dice gods favored him with multiple saves and morale passes.

Fun and tough games all-around! I can't wait to get my British para's in working order!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Americans Suffer Two Defeats in Sicily Empty Re: Americans Suffer Two Defeats in Sicily

Post by Hurricane Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:50 pm

Ouch!!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down