The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Soviets Vs. Americans in " Training Mission"

5 posters

Go down

Soviets Vs. Americans in  " Training Mission" Empty Soviets Vs. Americans in " Training Mission"

Post by Ovich Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:48 pm

I'm happy to report that I crushed Will twice today. It was supposed to be a tournament, but Will and I were the only ones that showed up.

Fucking pathetic.

Anyway.. Will and I both played with Armoured Companies. First scenario was fighting withdrawal, in which I was the defender. He got in 2 good rounds of shooting, and then I unloaded on him with a buttload of T34 85 shots.. basically fucked up the game for him by the 3rd turn.
Killed his CC and then made him take a Company check so he auto lost. Will blamed it on the lack of terrain. Whatever.

Next game was the Cauldron. I was the attacker. Pivotal moment came when will, using his ambushing force of 76 mil Shermans, unloaded into the side armour of my KV 85's . Low and behold he rolled six dice needing 4's and EPIC FAILURE, fail his rolls. Next tern the KV's blew his Shermans to shit. This time the board was LOADED with terrain I might add. He had no way of really dealing with 10 tanks platoon on his flank and the game was done the same way the first one ended, with his CC dead and him having to make a company morale check.

All in all it was very fun though, and Joel was generous enough toss in a free blister just for showing up.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Soviets Vs. Americans in  " Training Mission" Empty Re: Soviets Vs. Americans in " Training Mission"

Post by rokassan Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:30 pm

Thats pathetic. Did those other guys say they'd show up.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Soviets Vs. Americans in  " Training Mission" Empty Re: Soviets Vs. Americans in " Training Mission"

Post by Hurricane Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:06 pm

Noone really said that they were or were not going except stephan. Until get himself organized FoW is going to suffer. this tourney was not advertised very well and they dates keep changing. its very sad, especially when joel put so much money into stock.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:27 pm

Well, Dave Thomas showed up early, but then left around 2pm and Tom showed up around 5 pm like he always does.

FOW is become just like fucking Fantasy and frankly I'm getting tired of this shit. There's all these people who fucking play it, but for some reason no one can ever play.

There's only 6 people signed up to play at the fantasy tourney on Sunday. Even though like 16 people have armies. It's sad.

I told Joel today that instead of trying to " Demo" the game , he needs to advertise more, get new people into the store. He blames problems with his computer as to why his web site is 6 months out of date. How about going to the fucking library and using the computer there. Or maybe asking someone to update his website for him?

Whatever. I"m just kinda of pissed that I set aside a Sunday for a tournament and when I get there , there's only 1 other person there. It's frustrating.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Soviets Vs. Americans in  " Training Mission" Empty Sunday at Sunshine

Post by smirkweasel Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:32 pm

Congrats on beating Will, Ovich. I thought he had your number there early in the battle.
It is not like Will to roll that badly. Cauldron is a brutal scenario for the defender.

I did call Joel ahead of time and say I would not take part. I also mentioned it to J.C.
No one else though.

smirkweasel
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:38 pm

Dave,
I'm not trying to blame anyone. People have lives and that's fine. It just seems like we need to find a better way of running tournaments, or at least trying to increase our player base so that more people can come to these kinds of things.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:35 pm

We have a calendar, but Joel simply doesnt seem to care. His only comment about the calendar was the fact that the Dragons events were posted on it and he didnt agree. I told him we support both stores and that he needed to send Ray a copy of events and he would post them. He's yet to do it. As was said his calendar on his broke ass site is from 1993.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:28 am

Sundays suck... I know not everyone will agree with me on that but maybe by switching it up once in a little while and run good tournaments things could be different. I told Joel to let me run Novembers tournament on the last sunday of the month and he wasnt to excited about it. I just have an extremely hard time getting off on Sunday and then skipping church makes it double hard. If we could run a good tournament or even half as good as the one I went to in Orlando, I am sure we would have people out every month for the tournament. I am willing to run a few, but it would have to be on a Saturday. Can anyone talk Joel into that and would people be willing to come on a Saturday???? Since Jerry is not able to do the one in December, Joel will let me run one on Saturday in December??? Bill, talk to your buddy.

Over and Out,

Hurricane
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:27 am

Maybe we need to focus more on trying to bring in new FOW gamers. I wonder if there are any historical gaming communities out there that aren't even aware of fow .

I'm gonna check it out.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:52 am

Well, I have been working on that with some other friends of mine. I got Ammon in, his American Armour Company is painted and ready to go. And I demo'ed a game with another friend of mine, Bucky. He is interested and wants to try it again.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:37 am

Ovich wrote:Maybe we need to focus more on trying to bring in new FOW gamers. I wonder if there are any historical gaming communities out there that aren't even aware of fow .

I'm gonna check it out.

Bring'em to our site Stephan.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:39 am

Hurricane wrote:Sundays suck... I know not everyone will agree with me on that but maybe by switching it up once in a little while and run good tournaments things could be different. I told Joel to let me run Novembers tournament on the last sunday of the month and he wasnt to excited about it. I just have an extremely hard time getting off on Sunday and then skipping church makes it double hard. If we could run a good tournament or even half as good as the one I went to in Orlando, I am sure we would have people out every month for the tournament. I am willing to run a few, but it would have to be on a Saturday. Can anyone talk Joel into that and would people be willing to come on a Saturday???? Since Jerry is not able to do the one in December, Joel will let me run one on Saturday in December??? Bill, talk to your buddy.

Over and Out,

Hurricane

at least Eric has his priorities straight...FoW before church. He just doesnt want to be crucified for not attending...your hearts in the right place. Wink
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Oct 27, 2008 11:41 am

There are ALOT of historical games out there, sometimes getting the folks into FOW can be hard as they might associate it with GW, which alot of people aren't too interested in.

I've generally found that folks who are getting tired or frustrated with GW games like FOW alot. However, I'm sure you can find some folks out there who play. I personally don't know of any in Miami (groups I mean) but the HMGS-South Chapter is probably a good place.

HMGS is Historical Minatures Gaming Society, by the way.

As for tournaments in Miami, it's tough do the numbers. However I think we need to do some more advanced planning for the event. While having a set weekend in the month to play is a great idea (keeps consistancy) we need sign up threads containing detailed information (pt values, LW vs. MW, etc) to help keep people interested in coming. When you see on there that 6 guys are already coming, I'm sure alot of folks will be more willing to sign up and get the time away from wives and/or work.

Just my thoughts, but I've got some ideas for tournaments when I get back down there so that hopefully we can bring in some of the guys from up North for a big tournament or two.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down