The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy]

+2
ptlax23
The Eldar Guy
6 posters

Go down

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] Empty Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy]

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:28 pm

WIP: I'll be editing this

This is Xavier's second real game with his Lizardmen as he is new to fantasy and I'll start by saying that I didn't pull any punches and I'm glad I didn't. He was a tough general and had a firm grasp of the rules, so if you ever play him don't take him lightly as Stephan did with Juan Razz (jk)

First, the lists. I'll start with mine as I know that the best.

Dark Elf List:
Death Hag General - Cauldron
Master BSB - Sword of Might; Pendant of Khaelith; Heavy Armor: Sea Dragon Cloak; Shield; Dark Steed
Sorceress - Dispel Scroll(2)
Assassin - xhw; Manbane; Rending Stars
Assassin - xhw; Manbane; Rending Stars

Crossbowmen(10)- Shields
Dark Riders(5)- Mus; Crossbows
Dark Riders(5)- Mus; Crossbows

Black Guard(18)- ASF Banner; Ring of Hotek Champ
Shades (6)- Great Weapons
Shades (6)- Great Weapons

Hydra

Lizardmen List:
Slaan - Lv4; Discard 6s
Skink Priest- Lv3; Engine of the Gods
Scar Vet - 1+; 6attack build

Skinks(12) - Champ
Skinks(12) - Champ
Saurus(15) - Spears; Full Command
Saurus(15) - Spears; Full command

Temple Guard(20) - Hand weapons; shields; Full command
Salamanders (2+6skinks)

Deployment

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] Deployment

Alright, now that is out of the way, I won deployment and opted to deploy second. Xavier deployed the majority of his army in the center, I deployed the majority of mine on the right flank. Xavier gained the +1 but lost the role to see who went first.

Turn 1

Dark Elves, Top of Turn One: Caldron gives the blackguard a 5++. I started by moving my harpies and dark riders up the right flank in order to take out the skinks to prevent shooting at my shades/hydra. Hydra moved up through the forest as well as the shades. Black Guard march up 10" keeping its right flank to the forest. The middle harpies jump out in front of the harpies to march block and setup a charge on the right flank skinks. Crossbowmen move up up to the edge of the forest and the left flank Dark Riders don't' know what to do. Shooting fails to really do anything I can remember, maybe plucked one guy off the temple guard unit.

(Image is from the bottom of turn 1)

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] 1bottom

Lizardmen, Bottom of Turn One: Right most Saurus unit charges the harpies, who hold (surprise!). The Temple Guard then move up, setting up a flank charge if I charge the Saurus unit. Magic sees little impact and a scroll is used to stop a big ol' meteorite from falling on the Black Guard. Right most skinks shoot at the Dark Riders; taking down three, causing them to flee 4inches. In combat, the Saurus manage to only kill two Harpies but cause them to run. The Saurus unit holds.

Turn 2

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] 2top

Dark Elves, Top of Turn 2: Cauldron give Shades2 +1 Attack. Reveal the Assassin in Shades2. The black guard and Shades2 charge the right Saurus block, which holds. The right most harpies charge the skinks who were unable to stand-and-shoot. The center harpies rally on the Death Hag's leadership, and the right flank Dark Riders rally. Magic does nothing, and shooting sees another temple guard dude fall.
Harpies run through the skinks, causing them to flee and be killed by the ladies of flight. The black guard and kill enough to only be attacked back by four Saurus with spears... causing 5 blackguard to die. The Saurus unit break breaks under the numbers and flee; to be run down by the well trained halberd wielding guard and Great Weapon slugging Shades taking them out of charge range from the Temple Guard.

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] 2bottom

Lizardmen, Bottom of Turn 2: After the defeat of the Saurus unit on their left flank, the Temple Guard turn to meet the Black Guard. The Engine of the Gods moves to fry some elves. The remaining skinks move and take a couple Dark Riders down with their shooting. Magic fails to have effect as both the Skink Priest and Slaan miscast due to the Ring of Hotek; the Slaan miscasting twice on two dice each...

Turn 3
(Forgot to snap some pictures of this turn Mad )

Turn 4

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] 4top

Dark Elves, Top of Turn Four:

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] 4bottom

Lizardmen, Bottom of Turn Four:

Turn 5

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] 5top

Dark Elves, Top of Turn Five:

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] 5bottom

Lizardmen, Bottom of Turn Five:

Turn 6

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] Slaanfall

Dark Elves, Top of Turn Six:

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] 6bottom

Lizardmen, Bottom of Turn Six:

Last edited by The Eldar Guy on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:08 pm; edited 4 times in total
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] Empty Re: Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy]

Post by ptlax23 Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:15 pm

u put some effort into this!
ptlax23
ptlax23
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 126
Armies : Black Templars,Grey Knights, Skaven,Bretonnians
Registration date : 2009-03-26

Back to top Go down

Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy] Empty Re: Lizardmen(xavier) vs Dark Elf invaders(Chris) 2000pts. [Image Heavy]

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:22 pm

I'll have to get back to this later Razz
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:41 pm

Looks great so far!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:09 pm

Uploaded all the pics, I'll have to finish the batrep later. It was a pretty sick fight, we basically tore each other to shreds. The only reason it wasn't a tie was because I killed his general and captured a banner.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:36 pm

Wow, thats a pretty intense fight from the pics!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by hliddle Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 am

Looks like a pretty fun game. The pictures are cool it is alittle hard atleast for me to tell where each unit moved even after descriptions maybe like some little line different than the arrow could trace it, after all movement is such an important part. It may just be my inexperience that makes it harder for me to see.
hliddle
hliddle
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 53
Armies : DE
Registration date : 2009-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:06 pm

Wow the graphics are awesome !
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:04 pm

Your old age makes it hard for you to see. Very Happy

Man, i havent played fantasy in a while, gotta get away one of this days to get a game or 2 in, maybe i'll bring my Dwarves and beat Stefan with them Twisted Evil
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down