The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orc's(Bill) vs. Dark Eldar(Chris).

+3
luis the young
ShadowMaster
rokassan
7 posters

Go down

Orc's(Bill) vs. Dark Eldar(Chris). Empty Orc's(Bill) vs. Dark Eldar(Chris).

Post by rokassan Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:10 pm

Lord Whigsplitter and his boys decided to skirmish with some Dark Elves who were having an orgy. In the end we only got to the second round(had to do Christmas shopping) and lost two Night Goblin regiments(40 strong each,they broke),some boar boyz and boyz. The Dark Eldar lost some Witches some warriors and their Hydra and Dragon were reduced to one wound each. Lord Whigspitter became bored and also realized he needed more NG Fanatics. Perhaps one more Fanatic would have spelled the end for the DE Dragon. Neither of us have much experience with Fantasy and the game went slow...hence only two rounds. I feel I need more Fanatics and Black Orcs and Black Orc hero's, they have high leadership.

Last edited by rokassan on Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Orc's(Bill) vs. Dark Eldar(Chris). Empty Re: Orc's(Bill) vs. Dark Eldar(Chris).

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:17 pm

a Hydra and a Dragon - OUCH!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Dec 15, 2008 12:48 pm

I heard that. I had two Fanatics in one of my NG units and they knocked the Dragon down to 1 wound when they were released. If I had had one more Fanatic that Dragon may have bit it in the first round. I also positioned my Rock lobber poorly and was only able to get a shot off in the first round ,although it did kill around 4 DE warriors(correct me if Im wrong Chris) and wound his Hydra pretty good. That low leadership is rough, but I figure a few more Hero's(Black Orc) positioned in the right spot and Ill be ok. My NG Shaman blew himself up in round 1. That sucked.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:02 pm

Thats whats fun about O&Gs ! the random disasters that can happen to just about any unit Smile
Few things to remember with O&Gs

1- Animosity : can make or ruin your game, you either fail to move or you charge foward D6 inches. Black orc bosses help here if you squable, but then they do d6 hits on the unit they are with.

2- Fanatics : remember that you can release them FROM ANY POINT in the unit, and in ANY DIRECTION you want when they first come out, they dont all have to go towards the unit that trigger them. Also, fanatics move randomly after they are release, you declare charges and then move fanatics, then move your chargers. This can be bad cause if the fanatic moves on the spot where you were charging..you is screwed.

3- O&Gs miscast table: they have their own miscast table and get aditional dice when units of orcs are in close combat.

4- Remember to call the WAAAGH: calling the waagh can be a great life saver and can propel the army foward a lot if you time it right and if your Orc Shaman pulls the WAAAGH spell as a choice.

5- Spearchukkas: they are TWO FOR ONE ! so you can buy 4 and only use 2 special slots.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:22 pm

I've got two spearchukkas and three rock lobbas. One is. Mage knight catapult pulled off the base. It looks goos though. I value all of your advice luis and will follow it.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:51 pm

Dropping a dragon AND hydra to 1 wound each with fanatics and rocklobbers is quite impressive!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:56 pm

Diosamblet wrote:Dropping a dragon AND hydra to 1 wound each with fanatics and rocklobbers is quite impressive!

yes it is, those fanatics musta been REALLY drunk on fungus beer, and that rock lobba deserves the EYE of Mork marksmanship award.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Dec 15, 2008 3:05 pm

Wish I had time to have gone through the book against before Sunday. With school+tournament+finals coming up I was -hoping- I would get the time sat night.

The army I'm running until until I get some Black Guard and another Hydra is relatively magic-light, with a dragon lord to replace them, so I think I really got lucky with the Ring of Hotek (miscast on any double) in the first round against the NG shaman.

Second turn both the dragon and hydra were reduced to one wound(!!!). The dragon to the fanatics, and the hydra to the rock lobber that scattered back towards its target landing right in between the corsairs(four casualties) and Hydra(two wounds) that were lined up together.

The assassin, who flew out of the unit of corsairs with steed of shadows, attempted to chase down the spider riders but was left standing in the open (luckily enough in terrain).

A small band of harpies died to night goblins, causing them to charge forward and end up in front of the witches; the witches did what they did best, and had an orgy with NG blood. The Spear boyz(name?) and chariot charged the Hydra, reducing it to one wound. The hydra fled, but was able to outpace them. The dragon caused the NG block to flee, caught them, and was in the open with one wound remaining.

Would have liked to see where this game would have gone, because apart from the NG, the big units for the O&G were relatively untouched, the DE knights and corsairs were lined up with the witches coming around, and fanatics were still swinging around near the harpies and dragon.

edit: I -wish- I had Dark Eldar
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:48 pm

Good rundown Chris. I guess I wasnt doing too bad.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:14 am

Chris,

I see you're cheezing it out right from the get go !! Usually most noobs start with a balanced army for a little while, and then slowly move into the cheeze, but I guess all that experience with the seer council has taught you to go for the throat right from the start Laughing
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Dec 16, 2008 1:30 am

As Bill can attest, I don't' even know half the basic rules, let alone know other armies and have the ability to "cheese" out. DE got a new line, I liked the models and the fluff, so I play the army.

I don't like the trend of GW to build up w/e army is getting a new army book anymore than you do, I just don't need the flak from it.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Dec 16, 2008 9:46 am

Chris made do with what he had. He even acknowledged the fact that fielding to big ass monsters wasnt his style. He simply needed to fill the points and didnt have anything else. Also he was as lost as me with the rules so he couldnt cheese if he wanted too.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dakai Wed Jan 21, 2009 12:50 am

bill i use around 15 fanatics in my Night Goblin Horde./.....monsters and enemy cav never seem to bug me...lol
Dakai
Dakai
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 392
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down