The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The High Elves Return!

4 posters

Go down

The High Elves Return! Empty The High Elves Return!

Post by scurrdi Sun Jul 26, 2009 10:51 pm

So I got some more white lions from the WoTR tournament, and since I'm awaiting on the rest of my HE stuff and haven't been motivated to start the British, I painted a few of them up.

The High Elves Return! Cimg2011

The High Elves Return! Cimg2012

The High Elves Return! Cimg2013

The High Elves Return! Cimg2014

So there they are. I was debating about if the cloth should be green or turquoise and decided (with some help) that the green was going to look a little too Wood Elfy (it's going to be the army theme color).

I'm actually pretty happy with them! They fit a good table top quality, which is what I'm going for. I dipped them in a light color so it wouldn't darken too much.

Thoughts? Lay it on me!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

The High Elves Return! Empty Re: The High Elves Return!

Post by Diosamblet Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:29 am

Nice work there Dan!

If you haven't based the rest of your army yet, I'd suggest using finer sand for the bases, and painting the edges goblin green instead of brown.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:07 am

Why goblin green instead of brown?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:20 am

as a nod to the old GW basing style in which every miniature's base was goblin green, even the necromunda ones!

Seriously though, its to give the base a little more variety. I think that as it is, it's too much brown. Some people leave the edges black, but to me that looks unfinished. Besides, other than green and brown, I can't think of any other suitable colors for a regular base theme (now if you're doing a wasteland or snowfield style...)
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:29 am

I never cared much for painting the sides of bases in Fantasy simply because it's largely covered by the other figs in the block and movement trays.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:06 am

Green, hmm...

Yeah, I'll look into finding a finer grain basing stuff, I'll try the green. Would Catachan Green work?

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:05 pm

I've used catachan green with my woold elves with camo green highlighting the edges.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down