The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Empire Vs. High Elves.

4 posters

Go down

Empire Vs. High Elves. Empty Empire Vs. High Elves.

Post by Ovich Sun Aug 15, 2010 10:53 pm

Rob and I played a game today. Needless to say, I learned about the powers of Teclis first hand. By turn six, Rob had the game in the bag.

First off, I deployed poorly. I put a battery of all my Warmachines in a corner, using the board edge as a natural flank blocker. But I didn't leave anything to really protect them, thinking anything foolish enough to go in that direction will can cannon balls and mortar shots in their face.

Well, 2 Great eagles got cannon balled in the first turn.. The first one I hit, I rolled for the number of wounds and got a 1. Second one I hit, I roll a 1 to wound.

Meanwhile my Mortars and Hellstorm take a chunk out of his Seaguard unit, reducing them to about half strength.

The next mistake I made was being indecisive with my Steam Tank. I know that if I hit the Phoenix guard unit, I can do some serious damage, but with all those 4 up saves..and with all those Characters hitting back at strength 9 and shit, I opted to try to get around it's flank and shoot the steam gun. The steam gun killed like 4 guys, but I didn't get out of his flank enough... something I should have measured better before I moved (still getting used to all this premeasuring) Next turn he charges the STank with his buffed up character unit and makes scrap metal off it.

In the third turn I try ONCE AGAIN to turn his Phoenix guard unit into gold statutes by casting Final Transmutation with Balthasar Gelt. I'd say this is where my bad luck this game came into play the most. In 6 turns, rolling 6 dice every turn, I did not get 1 damn irresistible force. It would have been the perfect way to possibly turn Teclis or all his other characters to gold, without ward saves or anything. But it was just not meant to be.

On the other flank, I fire all my warmahcines at the 4 great eagles that are about to assault me, and I fail to kill a single one. Once again, I hit with a couple of cannon balls, but failed to score enough wounds. So by the end of turn five, pretty much all my warmachines were wiped out by the great eagles.

On the next turn Rob's buffed up unit charges my crossbow regiment at close range with supporting fire from 2 handgunner units. I think he loses like 5 phoenix guard, but then massacres the crossbows. And once again, Balthatsar fails to get his final transmutation off.

In the last turn Rob gets the charge off on my generals unit, who with all the irresistible force buffs, wins combat and makes me break and runs me down.

So it was a very interesting learning experience.. I do believe that Teclis now becomes pound for pound, the best named character in the game. For 400 something points, you get a character that

A. Gets to see what army he's playing against before picking a lore and knows all the spells from that lore
B. Can ignore the first miscast of each magic phase
C. Gets D3 extra power or dispel dice each phase. When combined with the high elf banner, he gets 2 X D3 power dice each turn. So if a bad roll goes off for the winds of magic, he can make up for it with all these extra power dice.
D The most important - casts irresistible force on any doubles rolled, period.
E. Has leadership 10 and can be the army general.

So far it seems that Rob has gotten used to using him more as a support caster, buffing his uber unit to ridiculousness, without the opponent really being able to do anything about it. But I would not like to see Teclis being used more offensively. All of the level 6 six spells from mostly any lore can be very destructive. And if he's getting a Purple Sun, or a Comet going off every turn due to irresistible force.. all I can say is OUch baby , Ouch.

What if he doesn't get an irresistible force... Well put it this way.. that only happened once in our game, and it was because he used 4 dice instead of six to cast. ... oh.. and the spell still went off.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Empire Vs. High Elves. Empty Re: Empire Vs. High Elves.

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:44 pm

Wouldn't a feed back scroll put a dent in him. One cast using a bunch of dice is bound to at least put a few wounds on him. How many wounds this fool have.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:24 am

can't feedback irresistable force
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:25 am

Feedback scroll could only be used if he doesn't cast with irresistible force, which usually only happens when he rolls on a few dice.

When he rolls 6 dice, think about the odds of not getting at least one double. He would have to roll a 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 and 6. The odds of that happening is the same as rolling 6 6's.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:37 am

Hmm, I think I have a few weird things to try. I am sure there is something out there to counter his ass.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:38 am

Even if he doesnt get an irresistible is stil lnot guaranteed that you can kill him with the scroll, thing only wounds on 5s.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down