The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes in S. Florida

+6
Frantic
Kyle
ShadowMaster
ar2
jerryb
galonso
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes  in S. Florida Empty Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes in S. Florida

Post by galonso Tue Sep 08, 2009 8:38 am

Hi everyone! Good News, the boards for Outland Station should be ready to go in about a week or two. There is plenty of room and they can support about 6 4' x 4' tables for 12 players.

The boards just need to have a grass mat applied and sealed with Matte.
Here are some pictures:

Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes  in S. Florida 169deb22efe6-1

Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes  in S. Florida 2640eadeab32

This is my table at home and an example of what the board will look like when complete. There will be various green shades of grass and desert boards.

Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes  in S. Florida 145ec268c3cb

In addition, Outland also has 4' x 6' boards for WHFB, WH40K, LoTR, AT-43 whatever. Here is that set up. They can support up to 4 4' x 6' tables.

Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes  in S. Florida 8173265faf38

So like I said earlier, in a few weeks or less there will be comfortable miniature gaming at Outland Station.

No more bullshit. The revolution is coming.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male
Number of posts : 226
Armies : Warmachine: All, Hordes : All
Registration date : 2008-11-21

http://www.gurudojo.com

Back to top Go down

Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes  in S. Florida Empty Re: Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes in S. Florida

Post by jerryb Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:14 am

Gab, if they start with AT-43 I am interested.

But I see a problem with the tables. Looks like you can only really walk around three sides. And I have been to the store before, it's going to just as tight as Sunshine once people are there from what I can see from the pictures.

Is Outland going to charge any fees?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes  in S. Florida Empty Re: Outland Station will be the new venue for Warmachine/Hordes in S. Florida

Post by galonso Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:31 am

The pictures are deceptive. There is a space between the tables further than my shoulder width apart. You can walk all the way around comfortably unless you weigh 350 lbs and have an ass the size of Texas. Then you might have to squeeze your way through.

I also made sure there was enough space for when you are bent over the board moving figures or rolling dice.

No fees to play except for normal tournament entry fees or league entry fees set by each companies individual organized play system. You can just show up and play for free (unless there is an event scheduled for that day).

Once its ready come check it out and judge for yourself.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:55 am

Excellent! I've been waiting with great expectations for this, and you don't disappoint; the tables look great! I've been to Outland many times and there is a lot more room where the tables are situated than the pictures would suggest. Thanks Gabe. Give my regards to Mark for accomodating this for us.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Sep 08, 2009 12:27 pm

Are we allowed to push two tables together to play Warhammer or WoTR there?
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:04 pm

ShadowMaster wrote:Are we allowed to push two tables together to play Warhammer or WoTR there?

I don't see why not. In the OP it states that they can support 4 4'x6' tables for other games.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:41 pm

Ahhh - I missed that. Good to know.

Sounds like Outland could be a major location for this group, so we should sticky post their info, schedule, and such in the Find a Game area like we do for the other stores.

If you forward it to me I can post it.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:48 pm

Think better question is will they be fine with people playing games there that they don't actually support? Doubt the shop is gonna suddenly become a GW stockist so will they be fine with people just using the space for those games?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:17 pm

YES you can play games there they dont carry This is not Sunshine. I dont know how I can put it any clearer.

Mark specifically bought 3 or 4 4' x 6' boards for WHFB, 40k, or WotR.

Last edited by galonso on Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:23 pm

Cool, I will be there on Wednesday as usual. Looking forward to checking it out.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by galonso Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:28 pm

Remember still waiting to finish the boards. May be a week or two.
galonso
galonso
Press Ganger

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Dane Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:09 pm

Gabe, the tables are looking great! My son and I are looking forward to playing some games and tourneys. I'll drop by this weekend to check the place out and hopefully to see if we can also play AT-43.
Blue Dane
Blue Dane
Press Ganger

Male
Number of posts : 39
Armies : AT-43: All - Warmachine: Cygnar, Cryx, Menoth, Legion
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:03 pm

Blue Dane, when are you going to Outland this weekend? Saturday or Sunday?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:47 pm

Saturday that place is crawling with CCG kids playing pokemon and such they pack out the house. Not sure how much room we can get. I can be there sunday... FOW tourney at Sunshine anyway.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Wed Sep 09, 2009 7:59 pm

Nice work Gabe!
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 1002
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:19 am

dork_jedi wrote:Nice work Gabe!

Does this mean we'll be seeing you around more often? I sure hope so, we've missed you! Sad

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:11 pm

depends on my schedule
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:02 pm

dork_jedi wrote:depends on my schedule

Quit your job, play Warmachine, have fun! Live free or die! Cool

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by dork_jedi Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:13 pm

General John Stark would be proud of you. (and as a native New Hampshirite I am as well.)

anyhoo, well, the issue is that if i don't have a job i can't have a hobby (of my many) and hobbies cost money unfortunately (otherwise it would just be an interest)
dork_jedi
dork_jedi
Demon Prince

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:29 pm

dork_jedi wrote:General John Stark would be proud of you. (and as a native New Hampshirite I am as well.)

anyhoo, well, the issue is that if i don't have a job i can't have a hobby (of my many) and hobbies cost money unfortunately (otherwise it would just be an interest)

I'm sure you could scrounge up enough money for WM. Keeping your wife, kids, and home might be a problem though, now that I think about it.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:47 am

Gabe, what's the latest on the tables' readiness at Outland?

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:09 pm

What is the address of the place. How long of a drive would you say from hollywood blvd turnpike to store?

Do they sell FOW figs
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:32 pm

Garry wrote:What is the address of the place. How long of a drive would you say from hollywood blvd turnpike to store?

Do they sell FOW figs

Outland is on SW 120th Ave and 127th St, about 3 minutes from the Turnpike. I'd say that with normal traffic you're about 45 minutes away, maybe just a tad less.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:43 pm

Gabe, what's the latest on the tables? When are we starting our weekly playgroup? I'm jonesing over here, man! Help a brother out!

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:49 pm

They still arent set up for you guys? Its been a couple of months.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next