The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rules for April 27th FoW tournament

3 posters

Go down

Rules for April 27th FoW tournament Empty Rules for April 27th FoW tournament

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:05 am

This will be a 1500 pt Midwar tournament. The missions will vary each round of the tournament. Please, start playing some of the other missions to familiarize yourself with the rules. Scoring for the tournament will be as follows:

•Battle scores 3 to 24 points
•Sportsman ship points 0 to 6
•Painting and Uniformity score 0 to 3
•Background points 0 to 3

The Battle scores will be scored as in the rulebook. But +2 points will be added to the winner's score to give weight to the best general of the tournament. As in the rules if the game ends with a tie, it will be scored as if both players had lost.

Sportsmanship will be scored by your opposing player each game with a score of 0-2. 2 being good, 1 is ok, and 0 will require a meeting with me to discuss why.

Painting and Uniformity: you will be 1 point each game for fielding a fully painted army.

Background points: you will get 1 point per game for bringing a written or typed background for your forces.

Players must answer the following three questions about their army to get full points.
1.Unit designation
2.Theater of War
3.Time period depicted

Example of a three point answer:
• Unit Destination: A. Company, 1st Battalion, 180th Infantry Regiment,45th
Infantry Division. With attachments from the 636th Tank Destroyer battalion.
• Theater of War: Mediterranean theater, Italy Campaign.
• Time period: September 1943 during the Salerno battles.

If you have any questions please feel free to respond,

Eric
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Rules for April 27th FoW tournament Empty Re: Rules for April 27th FoW tournament

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:34 am

get rid of sportsmanship. its too subjective.someone can screw you over if they dont like you.Ask Max.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Rules for April 27th FoW tournament Empty Re: Rules for April 27th FoW tournament

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:05 am

Well that is why it is only worth 2 points per game. And to give a 0, that person will have to speak with me and discuss why. I have a feeling that no 0 scores will be given. So, you will either get a 1 or a 2 which in the overall scheme of things won't impact much. But I like it cause it shoud keep people in line and pleasant to play. So, far the last 2 tournaments, I would have given everyone I played a 2 so this should not be an issue. I am trying to run this like a real tournament would be run.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:23 am

I never saw the point on sporstmanship scores, evryone will either give evryone high marks, or soem ahole thats frustated wills crew you up and give you horrible marks.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 08, 2008 1:35 pm

Also, please confirm here who is planning on being at the tournament.

Thanks
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down