The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW GAME STORE!

+8
Blue Dane
Garry
WC_Brian
Frantic
ar2
ShadowMaster
Kyle
Dan
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

NEW GAME STORE! Empty NEW GAME STORE!

Post by Dan Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:56 am

Hey everybody, a friend of mine told me that a new store has opened up behind the Home Depot where he works.

Have no idea how good it is but I'll be going by tomorrow to check it out. My friend said it's a pretty big space with alot of tables. Anyway here is the address.

Cool Stuff Games
5655 S University
Davie, FL 33328
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

NEW GAME STORE! Empty Re: NEW GAME STORE!

Post by Kyle Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:03 am

Hmmm thats fairly close, will have to check it out.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:08 am

Interesting
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:11 am

I believe Omar who worked for Joey at War and Pieces is the manager. The store is supposed to have a tad more space than WandP.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:58 am

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cool-Stuff-Games-South-Florida/164963632824

they have a facebook. looks like mainly a ccg type place.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:33 am

Hmmm if those are semi recent pics it doesn't seem like they stock much of anything other than CCG's. Wonder if much of that is leftover stock from W&P like the D&D books they got up.

Nice big space though.

Edit - Looking at their older pics the board games they are are the exact same ones W&P had leftover so it does seem like they are using some of that old stock.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:43 pm

Looks like no mini gaming, at least not any that requires tables.

Is Joey in charge of this store?

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:56 pm

Please let me know if they are going to support table top gaming. I have in the past when Tates was just getting his new location up for table top gaming built and donated 3 or 4 4by8 gaming tables with terain. Those GW ones are expensive and the warstores ones do not hold up for heavy gaming.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:39 pm

Ok here is an update.
I spoke to a guy named Justin "Hoss" Hostutler. He seemed pretty cool. He told me that they have a location by the same name up in Orlando (actually Winter Park) and they are hoping to expand down here. The way he spoke he made it sound like they must do pretty well up there because even after I told him that down here it's rough to keep a store alive he countered with " well we're a multi-million dollar company, so we're here to stay". I can only hope it's true. Either way after a brief discussion with him he says that,
Yes it will be "run" by Omar from W&P. That Omar has about 8 friends that play WH40k and he looks forward to Warhammer being played in the store.

Gaming space will be free to use. As long as there is not a Major event going on. And even if there is the place was pretty big. They must have had like 15 "card style" playing tables. ( I guess if you push them together they can serve as a base for laying a battle board on.)

Way in the back he had 2 (but he mentioned he had 2 more) 4ftx4ft tables that also stood tall, like the ones that were in Silver Dragon. These had some Warhammer fantasy terrain on them.

He stated that you can bring anygame system you want and play there. I imagine even if they're not selling the product you can still bring it on in and get a game. Grant it I dont think there is any wargaming product. (although I didn't really look hard enough) mostly card games and D&D 4th edition.

Store Hours sound really good.
Open at 12:00 noon everyday. (although he was late today)
and he says the earliest time they close is 10pm BUT he mentioned that on certain game days they close like at 1 or 2 am! He also stated that if for example Warhammer is being played and it needs to close later than 10 then they'll be cool with staying open later.

An event calender has not been created yet but I guess they'll work on it as soon as the buzz grows.

All in all seemed like a very comfortable place to play. Mind you, it was nice and empty when I was there but still VERY roomy, Air conditioned, bathrooms, merchandise was away from the tables. Cool stuff is 16 miles away and Sunshine is 13 miles away. I've only played like 5 times at Sunshine. (D&D twice and 40k 3 times) I can really see myself still buying from Sunshine and playing at Cool Stuff Games.
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Dane Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:41 pm

I was there this past Sunday. Omar, the old manager of War & Pieces, along with somebody else named Hoss? are running it. Joey has nothing to do with this store. The board games that are there currently are not the old stock from War & Pieces.

When I talked to Omar, he was very supportive of playing table top miniature games. (War Machine, AT-43 and some others) They currently have two 4 by 4 tables for the games with 2 more coming soon. The place is about the same size or maybe bigger than War & Pieces... and according to Omar, they will soon start stocking War Machine and some other miniature games. They just opened so everything is still being worked out.
Blue Dane
Blue Dane
Press Ganger

Male
Number of posts : 39
Armies : AT-43: All - Warmachine: Cygnar, Cryx, Menoth, Legion
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Dane Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Oh... you beat me to the punch, Dan Razz
Blue Dane
Blue Dane
Press Ganger

Male
Armies : AT-43: All - Warmachine: Cygnar, Cryx, Menoth, Legion
Registration date : 2009-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:52 pm

Quicker on the draw, Blue Dane quicker on the draw. Smile
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:48 pm

Out the group that is on this forum how many of you would play there and what games?

This place is about 5 minutes from were I live, a great deal closer then Tate sor Sunshine.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ar2 Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:23 pm

Dan wrote:The way he spoke he made it sound like they must do pretty well up there because even after I told him that down here it's rough to keep a store alive he countered with " well we're a multi-million dollar company, so we're here to stay". I can only hope it's true.

It's most definitely true, at least the part about them being a multi-million dollar company. The store in central FL is huge and they have a very thriving online business as well. The name of the online store is coolstuffinc.

ar2
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 196
Armies : Cygnar and Retribution(Warmachine), Trollblood(Hordes)
Registration date : 2008-10-28

Back to top Go down

Post by McSheehy Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:33 pm

Figures that what sounds like possibly a fun new store opening up would end even farther away than the others I know of. Why can't anything new open up in Dade instead of Broward?

Oh yeah I have the feeling that I'm never going to play while still in Miami (because I have no intention in ever going back to the little hole in the wall that is Sunshine... too cramped and too depressing).

McSheehy
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2009-09-17

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:26 am

actuly joel is doing something to the store in dec but he is keeping it real hush hush.i was bugging him all day monday to get it out of him and all he said was a lot of things is gonna change.
wat iv noticed is since iv started playing at joels he has opened up more n is more of a people person compared to last year when i just used to go there n buy stuff
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:22 am

I would play there more than anywhere else since it pretty close by, as long as they support table top gaming and have enough room for it, just don't want to constantly be pushed to the side due to big card tournaments or something.

And Cool Stuff is a pretty cool store. They are a well known online retailer as well and have some of the best prices on board games. If you go to their shop in Orlando which is pretty good sized they have a walk in warehouse pretty much full of board game stock since they sell so much online.

The Orlando shop though last time I was there in February did not seem to carry or support much table top gaming outside of collectible mini type of games.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by RurykUlfhammer Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:27 am

They dont open in dade because dade eats game stores like no where else. Whether its drama or business they just die. I dont think i know of any local area to have gone through half as many. Sad thing is i can think of 3 that didnt close down for money reasons or at least running out of money.

RurykUlfhammer
Neophyte

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-10-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Nov 04, 2009 9:31 am

Broward doesn't have a good track record either on game stores
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Wed Nov 04, 2009 5:26 pm

I would definately play at Coolstuff. At 16 miles away I would only do like once a week maybe twice depending how awesome a time I have. When it comes to what games I would play, I am really jonesing to play Mordheim, Necromunda & Bloodbowl. I have unbuilt bretonnians & I wouldn't mind learning to play Fantasy. And I'm still waiting for the ever rumored 40k roleplaying game (Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader) to pick up again.

I have visited Sunshines Website, and yeah the countdown timer is pretty interesting.

I tell you what, the only thing that would blow me away is if Joel somehow is able to knock down a side wall and make his shop bigger. Or imagine if he moves completely to a bigger location?? Wow that would be something. Can't wait to see what happens. I can almost see Jin standing in front of Hurely and telling him "Things are going to change"
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by MinionOfCthulhu Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:13 pm

New store, yay!
New store being an hour from my house, boo!

He may as well have opened it in Shanghai.
MinionOfCthulhu
MinionOfCthulhu
Cultist

Male
Armies : Orks (WH40K), Ogres, Lizardmen (WHFB), Cryx (Wamachine)
Registration date : 2009-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:25 am

Well it's good for us in broward Razz

As for games I play, my armies and games I can play listed under my avatar ---->
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:07 am

I would like to play some 40k there but that probably isn't going to happen.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Fri Nov 06, 2009 8:55 pm

Why do you say that? They seemed very interested and open about the idea of Fantasy & 40k or any game for that matter, being played there.

Do you know something we don't know?
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Sat Nov 07, 2009 12:33 am

Tate's already does 40k and it's not something you can just do a little. It takes along time to grow a community since it is a hobby as well as a game. It takes a lot of space for product. It requires bigger tables than other miniature games. It is much less accessible to ccg players than games like AT-43 and Warmachine. Also it was never mentioned in this thread.

I would like to be suprised though.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next