The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Invasion the card game

+6
Ovich
Saj
Feros_Ironfeld
RurykUlfhammer
Kyle
Hurricane
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Warhammer Invasion the card game - Page 2 Empty Re: Warhammer Invasion the card game

Post by scurrdi Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:31 pm

Cards like the Rune of Valaya, Waagh, Troll Vomit, Judgement of Vierna, and uber powerful shit, shouldn't have multiples, because someone with deeper pockets is gonna have 3 of them, and the poor shmoe is only gonna have 1. That's gay.

Welcome to the CCG land!! Very Happy

I'll try the game out, I only ever spent like 20 bucks on L5R.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Invasion the card game - Page 2 Empty Re: Warhammer Invasion the card game

Post by Kyle Mon Jan 04, 2010 7:36 pm

Well I believe thats why there are "draft" rules included for the game so those not looking for the competitive tourny crowd have more fun or a chance. Open tournaments would of course just use standard rules with any modifications that FFG deems to put forward.

It's not a huge difference from any other mini game where to be competitive you got to spend a ton of cash, and with all card games your likely not going to be buying all the sets or multiples as often you will find no need for the cards in a specific set unless your out to try and collect cards for all factions and possible deck types which in that case your just dooming yourself to spending tons of money.

Beyond buying singles which can be expensive the biggest flaw of ccg's is the random factor which often leads to lots of wasted money, a LCG will always have that "rarity" issue since cards are presorted, but with no random factor the value will be drived down big time in comparison to a very rare or something.

Now if FFG starts putting out exclusive hard to get cards for say, prize support in tournament kits and such, then things get dicey.

As I said any time you get involved in a CCG and even these LCG's if you plan on being competitive, then your going to want to jump in with a partner or a few to create a trade pool and share resources to get multiples of what you need.

This isn't going to be like Magic where people have 500+ bucks on a single deck.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:55 pm

Apparently FFG is listening to the complaints since many were concerned with buying multiple battle packs, as you would end up with ton of cards you would not legally use in game so they are going to be doing future releases in larger packs of around 60 cards with 3 copies of each card instead, though the battle pack prices are going to be going up to the larger size of course.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:17 pm

Ovich wrote:So over a full year, if you want to remain fully competitive, you'll have to pay 460 bucks. That's not including any main set expansions like the high elf/dark elf one, which will probably be 35 bucks also. So if you release 4 of those in the year. it gets even more expensive.

I was bored and decided to look into the game a bit. Stephan's comment on how much it would cost to be competitive really struck me. Dude, with that kind of money you could buy yourself a complete 2250 pt. fantasy army instead of some pieces of cardboard with pretty pictures painted on them...
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:56 pm

Diosamblet wrote:
Ovich wrote:So over a full year, if you want to remain fully competitive, you'll have to pay 460 bucks. That's not including any main set expansions like the high elf/dark elf one, which will probably be 35 bucks also. So if you release 4 of those in the year. it gets even more expensive.

I was bored and decided to look into the game a bit. Stephan's comment on how much it would cost to be competitive really struck me. Dude, with that kind of money you could buy yourself a complete 2250 pt. fantasy army instead of some pieces of cardboard with pretty pictures painted on them...

Except those prices are paying full retail for multiples of things that you will likely not really need to be competitive. If you want to waste money buying multiples of everything even if you don't need it, then yes it gets expensive.

And now FFG is changing the packaging for future expansions which will be making it overall cheaper.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:42 pm

I guess the value we assign to our game of choice dictates how much we're all willing to invest in any particular gaming system. There is nothing to prevent players from coming to a friendly agreement on deck construction before play.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Feros_Ironfeld Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:50 pm

Anybody interested in trying the game out? I will be be at Sunshine on Monday night 1/18/10 at 7:00pm with 4 decks I constructed to introduce new players to the game.

The 4 decks are fairly balanced and represent the 4 races of the core set.
Feros_Ironfeld
Feros_Ironfeld
Demon Prince

Male
Number of posts : 196
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:16 pm

The new expansion starter that adds High and Dark Elves to the game is supposed to be hitting sometime this month!
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2