The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer: Invasion... who actually has it?

4 posters

Go down

Warhammer: Invasion... who actually has it? Empty Warhammer: Invasion... who actually has it?

Post by BigEddy Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Just a quick poll of the crowd, who here actually owns the W:I core set, or any cards or decks?
BigEddy
BigEddy
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 59
Armies : LoTR (WoTR)
Registration date : 2009-05-31

Back to top Go down

Warhammer: Invasion... who actually has it? Empty Re: Warhammer: Invasion... who actually has it?

Post by ShadowMaster Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:17 pm

I think Stephen got some of the early sets.

Kyle probably has it (cause he has EVERY game pirat )

My understanding is it can get expensive to build a competitive deck
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Warhammer: Invasion... who actually has it? Empty Re: Warhammer: Invasion... who actually has it?

Post by BigEddy Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:27 pm

The bigger the player pool, the easier to build decks, especially if everyone is playing a different faction.

I've spent ~$100 and own at least one of every card in the game. the booster packs are a $10 a month investment to have at least one of every card, and with 2 friends playing different factions I can trade for the rest of what I need.

Comparatively speaking, in any other card game $100 = box of boosters, where you're not even guaranteed a single card you want.

In previous experiences with Magic and L5R hundreds more dollars were spent than even if you wanted triplicate of every card in W:I

The cost of the game is one of the reasons I decided to play it.
BigEddy
BigEddy
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:51 pm

Well starting soon all expansion packs for the game will include 3 of every non unique card so you don't need to buy multiple packs to get multiples of specific cards. Price per expansion goes up because of this but still is much easier and cheaper.

ShadowMaster wrote:
Kyle probably has it (cause he has EVERY game pirat )

Got every card set too yarrrr
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by BigEddy Sat May 01, 2010 12:29 am

Can't wait. There's one more pack in this set though.

Would you like to play sometime? Me and my buddy ruben have great DE/Skaven and Empire decks, respectively.

we're looking for more people to play with.
BigEddy
BigEddy
Cultist

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sat May 01, 2010 12:36 am

I would but I almost never get down to Sunshine and have a pretty full up calender of gaming going up in Broward now.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:51 pm

This is a great game and I have basically every expansion set, so would love to get a game going with folks.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down