The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

St. Celestine: Sisters of Battle

+9
Garry
rokassan
Vycem
ShadowMaster
scurrdi
The Eldar Guy
Diosamblet
Autarch (CM)
Michaelharmon
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

St. Celestine: Sisters of Battle - Page 2 Empty Re: St. Celestine: Sisters of Battle

Post by eljoraen Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:44 am

Hi great conversion you have there!

I've been looking for a set of wings like these myself - is there a webstore or something I can make a purchase from?

eljoraen
Slave

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-01-28

Back to top Go down

St. Celestine: Sisters of Battle - Page 2 Empty Re: St. Celestine: Sisters of Battle

Post by Michaelharmon Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Talk to Joel at sunshine. They are one of the angelic wings from the reaper model sets he gas fir fantasy minis.
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by rba718 Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:44 am

Looks beautiful man
rba718
rba718
Traitor Guardsman

Male
Number of posts : 107
Armies : Sisters of Battle, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2009-04-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Michaelharmon Sat May 01, 2010 6:27 pm

Thanks!!!!
Michaelharmon
Michaelharmon
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 613
Armies : Black Templar, Grey Knight Terminator Squad, Imperial Gaurd Leman Russ support tanks and Hellhammer, THunderbolt Imperial Navy Flier.
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri May 07, 2010 11:12 pm

Hi Mike,

First of all, great paint job and usual. I really like the look of the armour and the overall work you did on the face. The base is spectacular and I wouldn't change anything about that.

As Matt said, the wings lack some depth. They are neatly painted but are missing something. The fact that they match closely with the rubble kind of overwhelms the big picture and ends up making Celestine look smaller than she should. This woman should be the center of the attention. Perhaps add some greys and off white to the wings to give some more substance to them. At the same time, maybe introduce some darker greys to the base to further separate the wings from the base.

Lastly, I'm not a huge fan of the red hair. I think the fact that it sort of clashes with the red tabard is bothering me. I don't know if you'd consider changing it at this point, but perhaps a white/mithril silver ish hair color would be more "angelic" . The only concerns I have about that is that her head may get lost in the wings then. But maybe you could experiment with that. I've always loved the imagery of Ephrael Stern and her white hair. Like this bitch here

[img]St. Celestine: Sisters of Battle - Page 2 100_1130[/img]

Other than that though Mike, really top notch work. !
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:33 pm

Thank you for breaking it down in stages, thats the best!

You are a painting God!

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2