The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 Templars

2 posters

Go down

2000 Templars Empty 2000 Templars

Post by Leviticus Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:42 am

First time posting a list on this site. Curious as to the feedback. Here's a copy paste of my post from heresy online

Trying desperately to make a functioning BT list- I've been playing black templars since about a month after 5th Edition came out and I've learned alot about how black templars function... Today at Joel's I've discovered that alot of my problems have been revolving around redundancies only in doubles- and 15 man squads are just another way of saying "15 bodies that you'll find some creative way to kill." So I'm going to my roots, trying something incredibly simplistic, but hopefully lethal. Here's my list:

HQ: 295

Emperor's Champion-140
-AAC
Marshall- 155
-Artificer's Armor
-Thunder Hammer
-Storm Shield
-Terminator Honors

Troops: 729

3xCrusader Squad (10 man): 243
-Power Weapon
-Melta Gun
-Rhino (smoke/extra armor/Dozer Blades)

Elites:976

2xTerminator Squad: 488 (x2)
-3 LC/2 TH&SS
-Furious Charge
-LRC (smoke launchers/Dozer Blades)

Totals out to 2000.

Okay, a couple things I know everyone is going to comment on so let me throw some stuff out there-

The marshall does indeed cost an extra like 5-10 points because I'm not taking him in terminator armor- but that's because he's completely capable of running off on his own and demolishing a squad in 2 turns. I've done it before, its been clutch, and completely worth the 10 points =P

The two HQ's are obviously rolling in the land raiders with the termies.

The termies, in theory, should wipe anything they come in contact with turn 1- but we all know that the dice gods have a way of changing that, I've often found that, if used properly, those terminators are NOT overkill, they're actually slightly lackluster.

No vindicators, no heavy support, land raider crusaders act as great mobile shooting platforms and are extremely versatile. The incredible lack of AV 14 because of melta-scare makes assault cannons incredible- I typically hit with 3/4 shots more than average. Melta guns in each rhino is also very effective for popping vehicles.

Thoughts?
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Number of posts : 169
Armies : Black Templars
Registration date : 2009-12-23

Back to top Go down

2000 Templars Empty Re: 2000 Templars

Post by WC_Brian Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:59 am

You should try all Lightning Claws on the Termies. Re-rolling both hits and wounds is still good enough to kill MCs. Against anything with WS 8 or lower 15 hits, 5 wounds, reroll 3 more wounds. Unless they have Init 6 or higher. When you are rerolling both sets of dice your attacks become very consistent. I don't think you should be seeing a lot of weird results.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviticus Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Yeah I used to roll all LC's, the only problem I tend to run into is they strike simo with MC's or things with power weapons and get torn to PIECES. 5+ invuln is very unreliable. Unless you think in meta that doesn't make a difference- I respect your opinion greatly.

::Edit:: were you calculating wounds based on STR 5 charge or were you calculating on STR 4? Because they're furiously charging.
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Leviticus Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:30 pm

I think I'm just going to roll my original list and put my thunderhammer marshall with the 15 man squad and put the EC with the termies. The STR6 power weapon just doesn't put enough bang for the buck in the squad, but 5 thunder hammer attacks makes them viable against the squads weaknesses, like walkers and T6+ models. Not to mention the furiously charging termies mop up whatever they have to, giving my EC the ability to focus on IC's in close combat.
Leviticus
Leviticus
Traitor Marine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down