The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mawloc Question

+6
geneguard
luis the young
Matt1785
Leviticus
The Eldar Guy
Joshwow1
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Mawloc Question - Page 2 Empty Re: Mawloc Question

Post by NurgleNick Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:04 am

Yes, keep worrying about Mawlocs. Never mind the regenerating Hive Tyrants with autohit psychic powers which drop WS and BS to 1 for your turn, and your opponent's.. or the 8 point Hormagaunts with I5 base wounding everything on 4's, with 3 attacks each. Just keep worrying about the Mawlocs, guys. Nothing to see here.
NurgleNick
NurgleNick
Dark Apostle

Number of posts : 350
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Matt1785 Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:11 am

Yeah, but the upgrades you're describing are expensive on Hormogaunts. What I think you mean is... watch out for the TERVIGON that gives all Hormogaunts these rules. And regeneration is a huge points sink for the chance of regenerating wounds before you're dead.. so no. Haha, not too worried about things that get shot to heck before they reach me. Smile

Trygons (And perhaps the FAQed Mawlocs) pop up next to you and make ya go poo. The other things have to run to me. Or I just pop it with my Grand Master and his natural immunity to Psychic powers.

Grand Master, "Oh, what's that? You say you've got 4 wounds?" *thinks real hard and the Tyrant falls dead* "Well, now you've got none."

Matt1785
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-01-26

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkAngel_Cesar Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:24 pm

LoL Matt you are so true and it's pretty funny you mention that because my buddy and i the other day were talking about the same thing.

You have a grand master chilling in a LR just going No you cant!!! My unlimited Physic Hood and LD 10 beats you in the face! and then if they do get in combat well...we all know how well a Nemsis weapon dose in combat!

DarkAngel_Cesar
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 512
Armies : Ravenwing and Dark Angels 3rd company
Registration date : 2008-04-17

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:43 pm

Yeah regeneration isn't very good. Maybe once per game you will restore a SINGLE wound. But then you get all shot up and it doesn't matter.

Hormagaunts are cool....but bolters to the face solves that problem.

The big things out of the nid book is Doom of Malan'Tai, Tervigons, Zoanthropes, super shooty gaunts, and Trygons that luckily survive a good shooting phase, cause even if they deep strike next to a shooty army it won't matter too much since they can't assault.

Doom of Malan'tai is just win mode. He can leach life, gain wounds +str for it, and have a 3+ invuln, his only downfall is hes not EW, but if he was then he'd be broken, cause he's only 90 pts -_-

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2