The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament on February 28th

+7
Joshwow1
KingdomCome
ShadowMaster
The Eldar Guy
Death_Company_Orks
luis the young
scurrdi
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament on February 28th Empty Warhammer Fantasy Tournament on February 28th

Post by scurrdi Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:38 pm

What: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament

When: February 28th, 2010 (Sunday)

Start Time: 11:30 am

Number of Rounds: 3

Point Size: 2250

Army Restrictions: None

Scenario Special Rules: Weather (Effects and Rules will be revealed at the Tournament)

Kislev, Dogs of War, and Chaos Dwarves ARE allowed.

1. Dan
2. Juan
3. Luis
4. Chris
5. Bill
6. Endre (maybe)
7. Stephan (maybe)
8. Matt

Last edited by scurrdi on Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:17 pm; edited 4 times in total

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament on February 28th Empty Re: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament on February 28th

Post by scurrdi Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:39 pm

Just for everyone's information, Mike Ronan (one of the dwarf players who played in the last tournament) is running this event.

He isn't on the forums, so I'm posting the information for him. I'll do my best to field any questions to him.

I sign myself up, and someone please sticky, thanks!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Warhammer Fantasy Tournament on February 28th Empty Re: Warhammer Fantasy Tournament on February 28th

Post by luis the young Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:52 pm

Sign me up ! Waaaaaaghhh ..kill kill ..in the name of the tomb Kings and the Lady of the lake with blesings from the Ancestors !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Death_Company_Orks Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:12 am

im in, me dwarfs will win this one for sure... all ale will go by me when this is completed. Twisted Evil
Death_Company_Orks
Death_Company_Orks
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 219
Armies : Blood Angels, and Death Company Orks. (Fantasy) Dwarfs
Registration date : 2009-05-25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:03 am

sign me up!

j/w why we can't know the scenario in advance? prevents one-sided games
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:31 pm

Working - I'll try to swap dates with someone.
Put me as a maybe
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:10 pm

@ Chris:

I'll check with Mike, but I believe the reason is: 1. He's still working them out and 2. He wants people to bring what they wish to bring and see what happens.

But I'll confirm. List updated! Lets go peeps!

Matt! Neal! Cosmo! Where you all at??

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:52 pm

The Eldar Guy wrote:sign me up!

j/w why we can't know the scenario in advance? prevents one-sided games

Actually, not knowing scenarios ahead of time forces players to try and bring a balanced list (very difficult in Fantasy). It really is only a problem if the guy making the scenarios is playing in the tourney. Then scenarios should be posted ahead. As for one sided games, there tend to be a lot of one sided affairs in Fantasy, But you play DE so you're usually on the winning side of things. Ok you can tell me to STFU now.

Eldar Guy: STFU KingdomCome!

KingdomCome: OK. (Sobbing)
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Joshwow1 Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:40 pm

LMAO!!!!

Ceasar is my hero

Joshwow1
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 205
Registration date : 2009-03-31

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:46 pm

As long as its balanced for all types, sure.

For example: dwarves having to walk the complete length of the board and can not respond to deployment. Not my most prideful win. Rolling Eyes

no offense meant, dan. please keep running tournaments Razz

anyway, lets not take up too much of this thread with scenario discussion
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Feb 09, 2010 4:24 pm

What Chris means is that, SOMETIMES the scenario creates an even more impossible matchup for some people.

I've also defended against the dwarven assult...... well at least I did on turn 5 and 6 when they finally arrived.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:09 pm

I had some ideas if i ever run a tournament. It would be like linked scenarios following a storyline.

"The nations of of the world march to war led by migthy Prohets, countles heroes and warbands rush to join the swelling armies in the name of their Gods"

Scenario One
Rise of the Prophet
Your general is the Prophet and counts as a BSB with a 15 inch range, any unit he joins counts as Stubborn and ubreakable.
If the Prophet is killed he is worth double victory points.
If he makes it alive to the enemy deployment zone at the end of the game, he earns double his victory points.

Scenario Two
Heroes heed the call
For this i was going to provide my own models for people to use, i got 6 different armies so i can make as colorful a combination. Basically i would build a heroe class character from my armies, BEastment, VCs, O&G, TKs, Dwarves, Brets, Skaven. Place one per side and the winer of the deployment roll gets to pick wich hero joins him. They now get to control that hero for the game.
Heroes have Killing blow, for evry enemy character they kill, they earn double its victory points.
Any unit the Hero joins gains an extra D6 inches to its charge ( they are inspired by the Heroe's fervor )
If the Hero dies, he is worth double victory points

Scenario Three
The coming of the Avatar
The Prophets faith has been answered and a God inhabits his body, turning him into an Avatar of that God.
Roll a D6 and add the result to any stat of the Prophet
If a caster, the Prophet gains an xtra spell and power Dice
If not a caster, the Prophet gains D3 attacks every combat phase.
The Prophet counts as a BSB with a range of 18 inches.
If alive at the end of the game, the Avatar is worth double victory points, if Dead at the end of the game the Avatar is worth double victory points.

I was bored, Flame on ! Smile
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:21 pm

Creative Luis - nice work
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:30 pm

Question on Scenario two, how will the heroes be balanced? I mean, a VC hero is a beast compared to the much tamer TK hero, etc.

Also, put me down as a maybe...the Ogres want BLOOD!

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:57 pm

Will do.

And in my defense of the 'cross the board' scenario, it wasn't the only way you could get VPs! Crying or Very sad

It's all good, we learn and do our best. I'm sure Mike's scenarios will be fine.

Interesting scenarios Luis, would be kinda fun to do!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:05 am

Put me down as a maybe... These days, I have to sell my left nut to get a chance to spend all day at the store. Problem is, my nuts aren't mine to sell ! There in the jar in my wife's medicine cabinet, soaking in acetane and sodium benzoate.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:16 am

Ovich wrote:Put me down as a maybe... These days, I have to sell my left nut to get a chance to spend all day at the store. Problem is, my nuts aren't mine to sell ! There in the jar in my wife's medicine cabinet, soaking in acetane and sodium benzoate.

I heard you can buy Nuts in Ebay
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:29 am

Hehe, your down as a maybe.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Mon Feb 15, 2010 10:21 am

Out of the country! The rain of artillery will ease for this tourny

bayardnbk
Cultist

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:03 pm

Out of the country??? Where ya gonna be???

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:11 pm

things are looking grimmer and grimmer, FYI
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Mon Feb 15, 2010 11:33 pm

This is no good sir! No good at all!!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:21 am

Going for spring break to see a friend in S. Korea and hop over to Japan, two weeks for the both. Any hot spots I should see?

bayardnbk
Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:46 am

Where in Japan are you going to be? Kyoto's a beautiful city. If in Tokyo, check out the port of Yokohama. For partying, the Ginza and Shibuya districts are really popular. I think you're gonna be there just in time for the start of the cherry blossom season, although right now its really cold and snowing in Tokyo.

Oh yeah, sign me up for the tournament. Twisted Evil
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:54 am

Tokyo. Thanks for the tips.

bayardnbk
Cultist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next