The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cobra / 3rd armor

4 posters

Go down

Cobra / 3rd armor Empty Cobra / 3rd armor

Post by KingdomCome Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:15 am

From Cobra

HQ 2 Shermans w/ hedge grow cutters
1 platoon of 4 76mm Shermans w/ hedge grow cutters
1 platoon of 4 Shermans w/ hedge grow cutters
1 platoon of 4 Stuart tanks w/ hedge grow cutters
1 platoon of 6 priests
155mm field artillery platoon with 2 sections
1 Armoured recon platoon
AOP
SSgt lafayette

I was digging around the FoW forums and found this sucker. I liked the set-up, theme, and balanced nature of the list. The Artillery, AOP, and the rules for SSgt lafayette seem all kinds of good. Any thoughts?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Cobra / 3rd armor Empty Re: Cobra / 3rd armor

Post by rokassan Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:50 am

Your tank heavy. Against a player like Eric(Hurricane) your gonna probably get chewed up. He plays Falschirmjager. I saw a U.S. Paratrooper company hold off and win against a Panzer company with a Tiger and StuG's in support. The Para's had no armor. Im an Infantry guy as well,but Ill throw a Panther platoon or Jagdpanther at you. Of course I can do an all armor company if it tickles my pickle.If you play a baffoon youll win evertime of course,but if you play a good player your in for some hard times. You can ditch the hedgrow cutters and save points unless you know your playing a bocage heavy battlefield.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:51 pm

If you play any tournaments, you will definately find a table with bocage. Other than that not likely
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:37 pm

Agreed with Erik. There is usually at least one field that is total bocage, and maybe 1 or 2 others that have sections.

As for your list:

I think you need more Shermans. Bill is a German player and doesn't always understand us Americans sometimes. Americans, being Confident Trained, need more tanks to survive the Axis firepower.

While I like the amount of artillery you have, I think for a mobile list like the Cobra one your shorting your opportunities. Once your in among the enemy it's gonna be hard to use both of those artillery plates effectively. I think if you dropped the 155s (which is a lot to ask sometimes) you can probably get another Sherman platoon + exchange your armored recon platoon for an Armored Infantry Platoon.

American Armored Infantry Platoons are FANTASTIC! They carry a little bit of everything, and by having that infantry platoon they give you the ability to effectively defend an objective, or hold once you've claimed it. Being in half-tracks, they can still keep up with the pack.

That's my advise at least. I ran an artillery park (4 105s, 4 155s, 4 mortars) with my Infantry Company (americans) but I was more defensive. It's really about your play-style, but I think it's a MUST to have an infantry platoon of some type in there (armored or otherwise).

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:51 am

Well the arty is there mainly for smoke and early killing. It seems if I want to be able to hold my own against the big boys , I need to smoke targets to get my tanks in close. I already considered an armored infantry platoon. I would throw it in in a 2000 point game. For now I'll use this to learn the ropes a bit.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:56 am

Dan if you do 2nd Armored or 1st Infantry they are Confident Vets. Also you validated my point. ARMORED INFANTRY. Allied tanks are Confident Trained just like the infantry and Ill put my Three Tank Panther Platoon against Shermans anytime. Dug in infantry with Bazookas...Id give pause before I charged headlong into that,especially if they are 1st Infantry Division guys rated CV.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down