The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early War.....

+10
KingdomCome
Vycem
Autarch (CM)
Motormanmpd
luis the young
TheLimey
jerryb
scurrdi
Kyle
rokassan
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Early War..... - Page 2 Empty Re: Early War.....

Post by TheLimey Mon Mar 15, 2010 2:53 pm

And she did all this fighting for a Dauphin who had less cause to be King that the Englishman on the other side...
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:46 pm

TheLimey wrote:And she did all this fighting for a Dauphin who had less cause to be King that the Englishman on the other side...

LOL, gotta love medieval politics Cool
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Warbird Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:04 pm

Jerry your forgot to mention she was a WITCH!

Warbird
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 231
Armies : FOW: US Paras (Late War) WOTR: Elves
Registration date : 2009-06-07

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:03 pm

Thats all BS. She inspired the French and perhaps suggested they attack certain places. Im sorry but a 17 year old illiterate peasant with absolutely no military training is not gonna lead any army to victory. She'd have no concept of logistics,maneuver or tactics. She made them believe god was guiding her and they perhaps attacked where she suggested,but she was no Alexander the Great or Hannibal. The French Generals won the battles(believe it or not). The English were a bit overextended,took the French military for granted and never finished off the French Monarchy to crush any resistance. The Frogs only needed a kick in the ass to beat the English.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by smirkweasel Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:06 pm

I am betting the French are Reluctant Trained at best.

smirkweasel
Aspiring Champion

Number of posts : 212
Registration date : 2008-04-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:28 pm

Most French from the Early War development project were Confident Trained, the Foreign Legion was Confident Veteran. The big difference in play style depended on whether or not you used Metropolitan troops (usually trained, dug in as veterans and used French Doctrine) or Colonial troops (re-roll misses in assaults).
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:13 pm

Preview of the Early War launch in late August with previews of the mini boxes and some of the organization charts. http://www.flamesofwar.com/Default.aspx?tabid=53&art_id=2021

I don't know if it's just me, but the point values and charts seem to indicate smaller sized games (point wise) for Early War. The first perviewed British Tank company for example is tiny and you can't build much of a large list on it. Point values also seem to be set to be more in line with the time period so stuff looks very cheap point wise.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:29 pm

The initial army boxes look like they'll be somewhere south of 1200 points.

The article below which goes into the make up of a German Light panzer company then says that they actually based the light company army box on the list, and it's pointed at at 1145 points.

I'd guess 1200 to 1500 points normal playing level...?
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:30 pm

It does look fun though....
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:30 pm

Seems that way, and it seems to fill up most of your slots too.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:36 pm

I was just surfing a forum and spotted a few pictures of the force organization charts for the EW book...

Polish infantry battalions will get to use Armored Trains!
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:27 am

Ha even more of a reason to play poles.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Mikey Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:28 am

I'm not getting into early war because I try to keep a strict budget on any hobbies (including women) I get in to.

But... I would really be interested if they put out an army list for the North African (mainly Algerian) Muslims who fought within the French Army. They are mentioned prominently in a war memoir entitled "Soldat" which was written by Major Siegfried Knappe, as well as many other sources I've come across as being very tenacious fighters. These are the same guys who ultimately overthrew French rule of Algeria after the war in an insurgency conflict very similar to contemporary Iraq. There is also a recent film about them entitled "Days of Glory" (in France it was titled "Indigines")

Check them out, I am always fascinated by often overlooked contributors to the war.
Mikey
Mikey
Neophyte

Male
Number of posts : 26
Armies : Empire/Germans
Registration date : 2010-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:02 pm

Autarch (CM) wrote:I was just surfing a forum and spotted a few pictures of the force organization charts for the EW book...

Polish infantry battalions will get to use Armored Trains!

I assume that's more for use with predetermined scenarios. Don't see how you will always be able to sit down and play with a complete armored train. "alright and I deploy my tracks"
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:24 pm

As a mostly defending infantry battalion that participated in a single campaign over a small area (relative to other WWII fronts) it makes sense that they would use it in any scenario they participate in. BF does a good job of including these 'odd-ball' features in a fashion that doesn't disfigure the tempo of the game.

The posts I read alongside the images hinted at a deployment method where each player determined a point within their deployment where the train ran through, and the model essentially moved on tracks along that line; much like the line you deploy aircraft on - without the obvious restrictions.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:54 pm

Mike im sure there will be colonial troops for the French. Id be suprised if they didnt.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:09 pm

rokassan wrote:Mike im sure there will be colonial troops for the French. Id be suprised if they didnt.

I've mentioned it a few times, they had EW lists up on the BF forum for an eternity... In regards to Colonial French: Well, let me just -link- to the stuff folks discuss on the EW subforum on BF:

http://198.106.175.129/v3ew/ewfrench.pdf

EDIT: http://198.106.175.129/v3ew/ Contains the rest of the lists they had.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:18 pm

That's some pretty cool stuff... I'm looking forward to early war. It will be a nice change of pace.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:02 pm

The French will be fun to play. Im excited about early war.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2