The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Early War.......

+2
Motormanmpd
Hurricane
6 posters

Go down

Early War....... Empty Early War.......

Post by Hurricane Sun Oct 17, 2010 9:12 am

So, who is playing. I've started collecting a German tank/motorized infantry company and will be ready to try it out real soon! I'm good to 1k to 1500 points, so let me know.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Early War....... Empty Re: Early War.......

Post by Motormanmpd Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:31 pm

I ordered a French army from Joel. Should pick it up this week. Will be ready to try early war soon.

Motormanmpd
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Mon Oct 25, 2010 9:04 pm

Sweet... Let me know
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 pm

Im picking up the French Infantry company. I already have 6 Somua S 35's painted, 3 R35's painted and 3 Char B's painted. I put decals on all of them today.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Motormanmpd Tue Oct 26, 2010 2:59 pm

Did u buy the s-35 tanks by themselves ? I thought u could only get the French early war stuff in the army box sets. Let me know thanks.

Motormanmpd
Cultist

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2010-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:30 pm

Old Glory. 3 Tanks for $13. They look great. Their nice models. The Char b's and R35's are battlefront.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:09 am

Old Glory is a great company, I've always liked their tanks. Not as big a fan of their infantry though.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:37 am

rokassan wrote:Old Glory. 3 Tanks for $13. They look great. Their nice models. The Char b's and R35's are battlefront.

scurrdi wrote:Old Glory is a great company, I've always liked their tanks. Not as big a fan of their infantry though.

How do the Old Glory miniatures match up to Battlefront's miniatures in regards to scale/similarity? I've heard some stuff (not necessarily in regards to Old Glory) that sometimes other miniatures in 15mm are taller/shorter than stuff from Battlefront. The quality is a moot point for me as long as it isn't bad considering it's such a small scale.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:11 pm

Scale usually varies per manufacturer, Battlefront is sometimes not accurate with their own vehicles and it's often up to the sculptor who did the particular model. As long as all the vehicles of the same class are from the same manufacturer it should not be an issue at all. Also lot of the other companies make cheaper product than battlefront. The differences on table will usually not be noticeable unless you had the different manufacturers models next to each other.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 am

I have both Old Glory and Battlefront Shermans Cesar. Next time we play I'll show you the difference.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down