The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hurricon!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say Historical Gaming?

+4
TheLimey
Ovich
scurrdi
Hurricane
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Hurricon!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say Historical Gaming? Empty Hurricon!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say Historical Gaming?

Post by Hurricane Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:21 pm

I love going up to Hurricon. It is amazing how many miniature games there are. It always gives me the itch to play more historical based games. I'm really interested in playing the American Civil War game Fire and Fury or maybe some Ancients with the Fields of Glory rules. Does anyone else play these games or have any interest in them???

Last edited by Hurricane on Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Hurricon!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say Historical Gaming? Empty Re: Hurricon!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say Historical Gaming?

Post by scurrdi Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:07 pm

I'd be interested in the American Civil War one.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Hurricon!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say Historical Gaming? Empty Re: Hurricon!!!!!!!!!!! Or should I say Historical Gaming?

Post by Hurricane Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:11 pm

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:19 am

Warhammer ancients always looked cool to me, but I'm not sure where you get the models from and haven't bothered looking since most folks don't seem that interested in it.

I'd be interested in any new games as long as they're not that expensive to buy into.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:28 am

Well it depends on what size you want to play. 15mm or 28 mm. Obviously, it would be easier to have larger battles with 15mm. Have you looked into fields of glory? Similar to Warhammer Ancients but more complex. He is a miniature company from florida that makes 28mm. Not to expensive either.

www.Battlestandardminiatures.com
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by TheLimey Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:22 am

Warhammer Ancients includes rules for medieval warfare, if I remember right. Use a bunch of Brettonians, and you're fine....
TheLimey
TheLimey
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 266
Armies : Games played: Starship Troopers, Epic...
Registration date : 2009-08-27

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:24 am

Warhamer ancoents has several expansions, one of the is The Age of Chivalry where you get to play with Knights and what not. I used to play it, like the system a lot, game is very balanced and the rules are good.
I used to play Macedonians and my friend had a Roman Army.
I like to use 15mm better, and you can get them cheap from Old Glory , they make good minis. I bought the book a while back thinking people were gonna start getting into it, but the interest died.

Played Fire and fury also ACW, cool game, kinda makes me sad i traded away my confeds..Long Live Stonewall Jackson ! i had a FULL corp of the mean little bastards.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:22 am

That's what I'm talking about Fire and Fury. They had a 16 x 20 foot table at hurricon. It was the exact replica of Day 2 at Getttysburg. It was amazing.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:37 am

The funny thing is that I can't find the Fire and Fury rulebook online anywhere.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:41 am

Here is the Fields of Glory link

http://www.fieldofglory.com/introduction.html
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:56 am

I just purchased the rule book to fields of glory on ebay for 16.75. I figured for that cheap it is worth a look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Field-of-Glory-Ancient-and-Medieval-Wargaming-Rules-R_W0QQitemZ120473539049QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Nonfiction_Book?hash=item1c0cc851e9&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:11 pm

Problem is with all these type of games is getting people to play with. I mean you can have a few guys that like to play the game, but then when they're not available you're screwed. Plus there's no competitive tournament play with these small specialty games. Not on the local level at least.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Hurricane wrote:The funny thing is that I can't find the Fire and Fury rulebook online anywhere.

You can get it here: On Military Matters
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:32 pm

Your absolutely right. But then again, not everything is about tournaments. I just really enjoy the historical aspect of gaming. But you do have a point, if there is noone to play with... you're kinda screwed!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Tue Sep 29, 2009 9:37 pm

Well I bought the Fire and Fury rules! anyone interested in getting a small force to play?
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:40 am

Im willing to commit to play a Historical game ( other than fow ) i prefer Ancient battles myself. But i dont wanna be the only one buying crap and then get stuck with it, we need to secure a core of players to buying this thing to make it worth it.

Erick is interested and allready bought one set of rules, i have warhammer ancients rule book, so we got 2 sets of rules there. Dont think we need to all buy a rule book, we can form like a library where once one of us finishes reading the rules someone from the group can burrow the book to look them over. We just need to spread the spending arround so it wont just fall on one guy. For warhammer ancients the rulebook has army lists for Romans and Barbarians, they sell different books with lists on them depending on the time period. I'm planning on getting a couple of those.

Also, best minis to play with are 15mm, you can get more for your buck with them, and it looks much nicer on the field. There are some very nice 28mm scale minis..Warlord makes some nice Romans and Barbarians, but it looks more like a skirmish battle than a fight between armies.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:45 am

Getting everyone on a specific page on what time period/setting to play is always an issue as well with historicals.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:28 am

Well, I'd be down for learning and playing a historical game system, though I can't afford to get into multiple ones.

With that in mind, lets just pick 1 or 2 at most and really focus on those. If we get a good group of guys, we can build from there.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:39 pm

I vote for Fire and Fury 15mm!
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:50 pm

Do they even make Fire & Fury anymore? Frpgames doesn't even carry it, and they carry pretty much any game in existence, don't even find any sites and the book was published back in 1990?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:57 pm

http://wargamesminis.com/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&zenid=eanlrgjdrqaecnt7ndg9ok3m03&keyword=fire+and+fury

Wargameminis carries the book. They are not very expensive. I have not had a chance to look at the rule book but the one concern I have about the game is that it is scenario based and not conducive to one off games. And you are right, it is a game that you mostly see at conventions. That is the other thing that is keeping me from jumping in.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:14 pm

Kyle wrote:Do they even make Fire & Fury anymore? Frpgames doesn't even carry it, and they carry pretty much any game in existence, don't even find any sites and the book was published back in 1990?

I just ordered my copy from On Military Matters

You can get it from:

On Military Matters

or

Warweb

They also sell the expansions for the western theatre and other scenarios. There's also a yahoo group for the game that seems active
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:32 pm

Man, and i use to have bags upon bags upon bags of ACW 15mm figs from Old Glory that i was "given" at Lizards on Ice way back then....traded them all for a now gone Dwarf army...
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:02 pm

I'm interested in historical gaming. The more I look into it the more I like it. I ordered the Legends of the high seas book...thats more semi historical...but I love the whole pirate thing Smile
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:24 pm

Pirates are cool!
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next