The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MARINES AND KNIGHTS OVER MIAMI May 21st - 23rd 2010!!

+17
Hurricane
rokassan
Ovich
TheLimey
Kyle
DarkAngel_Cesar
chef xenos
KingdomCome
Leviticus
NurgleNick
luis the young
jspyd3rx
Srgt. Master
Warbird
ShadowMaster
Frantic
scurrdi
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

MARINES AND KNIGHTS OVER MIAMI May 21st - 23rd 2010!! - Page 3 Empty Re: MARINES AND KNIGHTS OVER MIAMI May 21st - 23rd 2010!!

Post by ShadowMaster Tue May 04, 2010 10:28 am

I'm traded to be off on May 23rd - so I'm IN for the fantasy tourney.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

MARINES AND KNIGHTS OVER MIAMI May 21st - 23rd 2010!! - Page 3 Empty Re: MARINES AND KNIGHTS OVER MIAMI May 21st - 23rd 2010!!

Post by scurrdi Tue May 04, 2010 10:44 pm

I've sent the information and final schedule to Joel, awaiting him to post it up on the web.

He's apparently waiting to hear back from GW regarding something. I will know more information tomorrow and will post what I got then.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed May 05, 2010 9:00 am

I spoke to Joel yesterday and he's gonna have to cancel the event. Time and money are a factor...mainly money. Dan you may want to speak to Joel and get the details he hasnt had a chance to speak with you. This isnt a rumor. I chatted with Joel for a bit yesterday. The man needs to pay his bills and as far as the event he needs to buy more tables and cant afford to. It starts in less than three weeks and no details have been posted either.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Wed May 05, 2010 7:40 pm

I talk to Joel also and strongly suggested that instead of canceling the event altogether he should just reduce the amount of participants to the number of available tables.

Like most of my recommendations, Joel will ignore my logic.

But then, I am an asshole with a bad attitude, so what do I know?

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Wed May 05, 2010 11:40 pm

I spoke to Joel just now. He's trying work something out with GW. He is also taking asshole Jerry's advise and scaling things back a bit. Ill get more info tomorrow so don't write things off.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 06, 2010 9:54 am

Buy more tables? Why not just rent some tables instead.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu May 06, 2010 10:02 am

For an Ahole Jerry gives some good advice from time to time. Very Happy

I also spoke to Joel, he spoke to GW and they told him something about helping him get some tables, but he was waiting on a follow up email from them. If not he would think about scaling down the number of people a bit.
More to follow on this Ass-hair raising development !!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post by bayardnbk Thu May 06, 2010 10:08 am

Exciting!

bayardnbk
Cultist

Number of posts : 71
Registration date : 2009-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu May 06, 2010 11:56 am

LOL@Neil
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Thu May 06, 2010 5:15 pm

I really hope this works out...or else I will be forced to lay under the gate of HELL FOR ALL ETERNITY!!! (AKA: be forced to go to the beach for 5-6 hours ) pale
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 166
Armies : Adeptus Mechanichus/ Guard
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu May 06, 2010 5:40 pm

From time to time Joel has a brain dis-function and actually listens to me, that's why I keep trying (since 2006).

I have always try to better the gaming community including venues that I am not even involved with.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu May 06, 2010 9:37 pm

Bill the cop, I've spoken with Joel three or four times this week. I wasn't going to post anything until I was 100% confirmed about the event or not.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu May 06, 2010 9:51 pm

Sorry to double post.

The event is still about 80% a go, so no one worry about if it will happen or not. The worst case situation is that we will lower the number of players in each of the events.

I will be confirming with Joel sometime this week, in the meantime, here is the schedule:

Marines and Knights Over Miami
May 21st – May 23rd, 2010

• Admission:
o Full Event Prices (Pre-registration):
 $15.00 Provides you with single day admission (either Friday, Saturday, or Sunday)
 $20.00 Provides you with entry to the full weekend event and all tournaments involved.
 $25.00 Provides you with everything above as well as 2 meal tickets.
o Pre-registration ends May 16th.
 After this date, all prices go up by $5.00

o Meal Tickets cost $5.00 and include entrée, drink, and chips.

Pay is available through Paypal at (insert link here Joel)

• Prizes:
o Each GT event will have over $300.00 in prize support!
o During each Session on Saturday and Sunday there will be a raffle drawing for a prize!
o Both painting competitions will include prize support for each category!
o Some special events may include prizes, depending on participation.

Saturday and Sunday are divided into 3 Sessions:

• Session 1: 9:00 am – 12:00 noon
• Session 2: 1:00 pm – 6:00 pm
• Session 3: 7:00 pm - 10:00 pm

Schedule of Events (Subject to change, call Sunshine Adventure Gaming to confirm any particular special event)

• Friday May 21st
o Open Gaming for any GW system

o Kids 40k Tournament: 6:00 – 9:00 pm
 2 Rounds. Must be 15 years or younger.
 1000 point Legal Warhammer 40k Army from any of the main rulebooks.

• Saturday May 22nd
o Warhammer 40k GT: 8:30 am – 9:30 pm
 1850 pts. 4 Round Event
 Includes a lunch and dinner break.
 All models must be at least 75% GW
 24 Players Max
 Schedule and Scoring Below (at end of schedule)

o Special Event Sessions:
 Session 1:
• Painting/Modelling Masterclass
o Bring your own single character model or purchase one for $1- $2
o “How to do advanced painting techniques on characters and heroes”
• Mordhiem Battle Royal
o Create and bring your own 500 gold warband or come ready to play one of the pre-made lists (rules available on the GW website)
o Will include several custom scenarios as well as a battle royal.
 Session 2:
• Fantasy Siege Mega Battle
o Bring 1000 pts of either good or evil army (following normal force organization restrictions) and see who wins the siege!
o Details will follow soon!
• Painting Competition
o Models submitted at the beginning of the day will be judged and awards given.
o Categories include Best Individual Fantasy Model & Best Fantasy Unit
 Session 3:
• Fantasy Gladiator Arena of Death
o Think you’ve got the biggest and baddest character out there? Bring your best character and find out!
o Two events. Lord level competition, hero level competition, and ‘no monster’ competition.
 ‘No Monster’ competition means no mounts
o No special characters allowed.

• Sunday May 23rd
o WarhammerFantasy GT 8:30 am – 9:30 pm
 2250 pts. 4 Round Event
 Includes a lunch and dinner break.
 All models must be at least 75% GW
 24 Players Max
 Schedule and Scoring Below (at end of schedule)

o Special Events:
 Session 1:
• Battlefleet Gothic
o Bring your own fleet or use one of the fleets available to you and battle to see who controls the 40k space universe!
• 40k Bike Race
o The famed bike race is back. Model your own biker from your own army (even if it doesn’t have a bike available!) and see whose riders rain supreme!
o Details to follow.
 Session 2:
• Apoc Mega Battle!
o Bring 1000 pts of whatever you got (titans and other superheavies are welcome and encouraged) to see who’s gonna come out on top.
o Special scenario will be used. Details out soon!
• Painting Competition
o Judges will tally up who’s got the best brush skills to see who wins.
o Events include Best Single 40k Model & Best 40k Unit
 Session 3:
• 40k Gladiator Arena of Death
o You saw it for Fantasy, now its time to see who’s got the baddest HQ out there.
o 2 Events. Single Character Battle & Best HQ choice fight.
o No special characters allowed.
• “How to paint your army quickly and still look decent on the battlefield.”
o Bring 5 models of your own or get 5 zombies from the store and learn techniques and how to paint your army quickly while still looking good on the battlefield.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Fri May 07, 2010 7:59 am

scurrdi wrote:Bill the cop, I've spoken with Joel three or four times this week. I wasn't going to post anything until I was 100% confirmed about the event or not.

Dan the citizen...Just so you all know JOEL REQUESTED I make those posts. I didn't take it upon myself to keep everyone informed...its not my concern. You need to communicate with Joel better so he doesn't use me as a messenger boy. Sorry if it looks like I'm stepping on your dick. Tell Joel to communicate through you only so this doesn't happen again.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Fri May 07, 2010 10:32 pm

Dan,
Do we have official sign up lists for anything yet ?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Sun May 09, 2010 6:29 pm

Well, here is the final information.

After speaking with Joel again a few days ago, he is going to cancel Marines and Knights over Miami.

Originally we had planned on just making the event smaller (local only) since Joel was unable to afford the purchase of more tables. Apparently several 40k players have told Joel that they would not be able to make both Hard Boyz & Marines and Knights as they are back to back weekends.

Again, this event is officially canceled. We may try something in the fall, but uncertain at this point.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun May 09, 2010 6:36 pm

Oh crap I got the day off.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Sun May 09, 2010 8:49 pm

Well I feel better now knowing Joel still doesn't listen to me.

Interesting how a couple of no shows can cancel the event for everybody.

Dan, did Mr. Sunshine do some simple math? Subtract the players who can't make it to both events compared to the players who want to go to MKOM, in other words, can he fill ten tables? If he can (or enough player turn out), he should have gone ahead with the event. He should NOT based it on players who could not make it to both, unless of course the results are overwhelming in disfavor.

But what do I know, I am after all, an asshole.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sun May 09, 2010 8:55 pm

Your a douche bag...get it right. I cashed in a freedom token to attend that event. Luckily Ill get a refund and attend some other event. Guess Ill take my older son to see Shrek 4.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun May 09, 2010 9:00 pm

After I get home in order after this move and settled in new job. I would not mind trying to run a tourny. Personally, kill teams would be my first choice then planet strike.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon May 10, 2010 3:22 pm

Rok, you better not be calling me a douche bag! I'm an Asshole, and I have work most of my life to earn that right!

So Dan, please explain the math, more players are going to show up for "Hard-on for little boys" then MKOM? Could this event be re-schedule (either one, but preferably the one NOT listed in White Dwarf)? Wasn't Joel aware there was a conflict with the events?

I wonder when some players realized they couldn't go to both events?

I wonder at what point did Mr. Sunshine realize he did not have enough tables, a week ago, two weeks or fucking three months when he listed it in White Dwarf?

JerryB

Hey, I don't think I have used this one flower
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon May 10, 2010 3:34 pm

Did they even have enough people show up to even fill up just the stores current tables anyways?

The old Marines Over Miami did bring in lot of players, even many drove from way up North for the event, but how many were actually going to show up for an in game store.... convention?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Mon May 10, 2010 3:37 pm

Problem is Joel has no interest in any of these games and therefore has nothing to do with planning these events beyond the very basic stuff...like the date. So there's not true effort or concern for this stuff. He gets someone to run the event and then doesn't worry about it or put any thought into it. Now it's oh I dont have enough table's...fuck it,its canceled. I pulled strings to go to this shit. Now its canceled. Luckily I can renegotiate.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Mon May 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Rok, is totally correct. I speak with first hand knowledge because I have run several FOW and WotR tournaments. Joel just provides the space and collects the money. Which is not totally bad, but in his own interest, he should be more involved.

One of my mantra's for years to Joel has been, "Joel, run you store like a business and not a lemonade stand in the front of you house like some kid".

Joel wants to sit on his ass read comics or a newspaper and collect enough cash to survive. A lot of people (apparently Joel also) think running their own business is a cake walk and they will achieve totally freedom, the reality is nowhere near this misconception.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon May 10, 2010 6:35 pm

Sucks. :/
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next