The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750 Fallchirmjaegers Vs. Folgore.. "Training" match.

5 posters

Go down

1750  Fallchirmjaegers  Vs. Folgore..   "Training"  match. Empty 1750 Fallchirmjaegers Vs. Folgore.. "Training" match.

Post by Ovich Tue Apr 27, 2010 12:16 am

Great game with Erik on Sunday.

First time I ever beat him so completely. Although he did give me a slight run for my money at the end.

Must say that my rolling was great and his was ATROCIOUS. Although that was his fault for using his new FJ dice.

We played Breakthough and he was the attacker. If it had been the other way around, I probably would've lost just as bad.
Infantry vs Infantry in Breakthrough is brutal for the attacker. You gotta get across without getting mowed down. So if you don't have alot of smoke it's tough.

It was fun seeing Erik get pissed though and start cursing around his kids and such cheers
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

1750  Fallchirmjaegers  Vs. Folgore..   "Training"  match. Empty Re: 1750 Fallchirmjaegers Vs. Folgore.. "Training" match.

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:42 am

LOL, thanks Stephan. It was brutal. I had him set up for a double assault on the right flank. All I had to do was pin him down, and I about 24 dice to get 5 hits on a 5+. And I think i hit him twice. Needless to say, He didn't get pinned and My assault failed and my two platoons were left in the open and got mauled. Had the assualts gone off, it would have been a very close game. I have enjoyed my domination over Stephan in FoW, but all good things have to come to an end. Sad However, I was messing around (no excuses) with an a list with Italian allies. Not going to do that in the tournament and not going to use air support. I can never count on it. Great test game though. At least there was no dice throwing, lol
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

1750  Fallchirmjaegers  Vs. Folgore..   "Training"  match. Empty Re: 1750 Fallchirmjaegers Vs. Folgore.. "Training" match.

Post by Ovich Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:06 am

I don't think Domination is the right word there. Maybe "slight edge" would have been closer to the truth.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 am

Hehe, looks like fun all around!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:51 am

Field more artillery or some armored cars to deal with dug in infantry.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:55 am

Hurricane wrote:LOL, thanks Stephan. It was brutal. I had him set up for a double assault on the right flank. All I had to do was pin him down, and I about 24 dice to get 5 hits on a 5+. And I think i hit him twice. Needless to say, He didn't get pinned and My assault failed and my two platoons were left in the open and got mauled. Had the assualts gone off, it would have been a very close game. I have enjoyed my domination over Stephan in FoW, but all good things have to come to an end. Sad However, I was messing around (no excuses) with an a list with Italian allies. Not going to do that in the tournament and not going to use air support. I can never count on it. Great test game though. At least there was no dice throwing, lol
Busting on Italian allies? How could you have tried them without borrowing mine? You don't have any.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:12 pm

I proxied with my British. Recon troops really help, with taking the gone to ground status off. The Italians aren't bad. But if you roll a 1 or a 2 you are stuck with Confident Trained. Too much of a risk for 335pts.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:41 pm

No way...Italy all the way. Use an armored recon platoon.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm

Sure you take a risk with the 1000 bayonets role, but the ability to get 3 machine guns and 3 elephantino's in the same unit is awesome.

Bill , I'd love to try out your full Company of them at some time.

Paracadutisti are great, but some times you get tired of 7 base units.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:09 pm

Ovich wrote:I don't think Domination is the right word there. Maybe "slight edge" would have been closer to the truth.

No,no,no don't ruin the fantasy! Hurricane keeps you in a trunk wearing a skin tight leather outfit with rubber ball in your mouth and when he wants to play, he takes you out and chains you to the table and then places his toys on top of you...

... what happens in the "man-cave" stays in the man cave! Twisted Evil
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:42 pm

Ovich wrote:Sure you take a risk with the 1000 bayonets role, but the ability to get 3 machine guns and 3 elephantino's in the same unit is awesome.

Bill , I'd love to try out your full Company of them at some time.

Paracadutisti are great, but some times you get tired of 7 base units.

Your welcome to try them out anytime. I have three full platoons of Bersaglieri.. Two painted. That would be a total of 18 infantry,9 Elefantion's and 9 HMG...in three platoons no less.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down