The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Italian Folgore attempt to hold the line.

4 posters

Go down

Italian Folgore attempt to hold the line. Empty Italian Folgore attempt to hold the line.

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:30 pm

Still reeling from its last defeat on Sunday, A folgore company fell back to the next key village with orders to "hold the line." The German high command has been worried about their counterpart's recent performance but Il Duce assured them that the valiant Italian soldier would not take another step back. Early this morning the British 7th Army again sent forth a light tank company to assault that key village and drive the facists from the desert. The Italians put up a tenacious fight, but in the end too many new tanks overwhelmed the beleaguered defenders and sent them running into the unforgiving afternoon sun to do yard work for the Commando Supremo (ya like that one Stephan?). Can anyone hope to stop the Desert Rats?
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Italian Folgore attempt to hold the line. Empty Re: Italian Folgore attempt to hold the line.

Post by luis the young Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:39 pm

Il Douche got stomped again ! we will see if the russian mafia can put a stop to the british desert mice advance next week !
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Italian Folgore attempt to hold the line. Empty Re: Italian Folgore attempt to hold the line.

Post by Ovich Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:35 pm

A deciding factor in the game came when my Folgore charged out to assault his pinned Universal Carriers. If I could destroy the carriers, (and I had pasaglia bombs) or make them flee.. he would've had to make a Company Morale check at the start of his next turn.

Erik rolled 10 dice for defensive machine guns... hitting on 4's. Luck was on his side and he pinned me with 5 hits.

There went my last and best chance to win...

Oh well... looks like I need those 47/32s pretty bad now.

Although I do have to say, it was still alot of fun watching my Demolishers, once again.. roast up some Brit Universals with their flamers.... hahahahah
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:39 pm

LOL they are like tinder, but maybe you ought to save those flamers for some tanks. Just my 2 cents.
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:40 pm

Naaaaahhh.... Those Universals are brutal... friggin like 11 shots every damn turn. .. 8 of those shots with firepower 5+ ? the best friggin units the brits have.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:49 pm

The brits have to have something.... the army is hard to play. Its so inflexible
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:56 pm

The brits have got some nasty stuff. Next to Germans Brits are the second most competitive army out there.

Either way, looks like Stephan's paratroopers are in for a hurting. Assaulting tanks is tough work though for anyone. They get tons of shots at you. Your best bet is to come at them from the side where only 1 or 2 of the tanks get their shots in.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:19 pm

Well.. maybe I should take 2 demolisher squads - 1 folgore the other divisional. They seem to be worth their weight in gold vs. armour.

I'm also gonna get a unit of those elephantinos
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down