The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bay of Rats invasion repelled !

4 posters

Go down

Bay of Rats invasion repelled ! Empty Bay of Rats invasion repelled !

Post by luis the young Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:26 pm

Yesterday the forces of the Skaven revolutionary army led by the great Grey Seer Ratsputin riding his 1955 Chevy Screaming Bell were repelled by the tyranical forces of the new and improved dark Elves led by the Arch heretical Matt !

Two battles were fought in for the Bay of Rats, one was a draw as both forces suffered enourmous casualties and had to withdraw for reinforcements.
Invasion-Day one!
Grey seer Ratsputin sat atop his chiny 1955 Chevy Bell and looked over at the land that he had been forced to abandon when the tyranical Dark Elven host led by The Arch Heretic Mat overthrew the legal Skaven government and took power for themselves. He had missed this land and its abundance of warpstone and the way the local makers had of rolling it in a big nice cigar. As he surveyed the land he saw a glitter of metal in the distance, twitching his whiskers and straigtheing his Guallavera Grey Seer robe he called his troops to get ready for battle, the revolution had begun!

The dark elves had a Hydra, 2 units of spearmen, lvl 4 sorc, lvl 2 sorc, 5 cold ones, 5-6 dudes on horses, unit of corsairs, 2 bolt throwers, unit of shades, unit of blackguard?, unit of xbowmen, an assasin!!!!
The revolutionary forces of Grey seer ratsputin had a greay seer, chieftain with storm banner, 2 warlocks, unit of plaguemonks, unit of plague sencer bearers, 3 units of clanrats, The Bell, 3 units of slaves, unit of gutter runner tunellers, warp ligthing cannon

First battle was a draw, we did an obsene ammount of damage to each other, the storm banner rocks, it saved my ass on the first round of shooting, he did manage to take out 2 of my 3 ratlin guns, but could not kill the last one! and it made him pay dearly! The Gutter runenrs performed much better than expected, taking out a bolt thrower and breaking 2 units! the monks saw NO combat because of my poor deployment, the Bell did great ! it destroyed the other bolt trower and gave my units hatred twice. the ratling gun that survived( against all odds, he shot it with evrything, couldnt kill it!) killed his fair share of dark elves, it almost whiped the Cold ones. Charging Dark elves now is a bit suicidal, i had a unit that charged one of his and a Assasin popped out, dealing 7 attacks and then all the other guys dealing 2 attacks with hatred is NASTY, a unit of 30 rats broken and fleeing without inflicting a single casualty! He had this other unit with a banner that lets them ASF, i charged it with my grey seer unit and my unit got mangled bad! My magic was doing great, warplightings evrywhere, deathfrenzy, Plague twice ! it was awsone. game ended in a draw cause i couldnt kill his 2 very expensive units!

Grey Seer Ratsputin looked from his perch atop his now scarred and dented 1955 chevy bell, there had been many casualties, but his forces were still strong, he vowed that moment to the Great Horned Chango that he would reclaim his land and punnish the Arch Heretic matt, the Dark elves had gotten reinforcements, and with a roar, both forces launched at each other again.

Game 2 was with the same armies, this one didnt go well for the Skaven revolutionary forces. Skaven went first and marched evrything as close as possible to the dark elves, my magic CHOKED, didnt get a single spell off and didnt even make Matt use a single Scroll!!, the Bell gave me hatred, nothing big since nobody was fighting..shooting sucked also. The banner once again hinderd Matt a bit, but he was able to take out all 3 of my Ratlin Guns this time! things werent looking good! This time i placed my monks next to the bell so they could get some action. Matts' magic was crazy this time, he got the best spells from his list, i didnt get plague Sad . The monks got to see action, unfortunally they were killed to a rat by the unit with the Assasin ( who once again got 7 attacks )
The hydra didnt see much action this time, he killed one unit of slaves. The gutter runners again did amazing, killed a bolt thrower and broke one unit..NINJA RATS!!
Big part of the fight was when his big unit with sorceres broke my monks, chased them down, killed them, smacked into my Bell unit, CHOKED in their attacks and then got flanked by the sencer bearers...those guys are sick ! they killed like 9 elves ! I got deathfrenzy off on them so they had 3 attacks each ..MUHAHAHAAH !! his unit broke and got destroyed by my seer...who then got flanked, broken, and killed Sad . Dark elf magic did a number on me, he casted this spell that uses the Ordenance template and landed right on top of a unit of clanrats and killed like half of them and they ran off the table. Mat was sacraficing elves left and right, he can get an extar power dice by killing an elf in the unit that a sorceres is in ! lol.
game ended in a massacre, loosing my Bell unit was HUGE!

Was tons of fun, the new Dark Elves are pretty nasty, and their assasins are just insane, not using a character slot is HUGE.. i wish OUR assasins didnt use character slots Sad

" Grey seer Ratsputin stood shackled with his brother rats walking in a long line, grim faced Dark Elves stood watching them, rumors had been heard of a deal with the Council of 13 in exile about a trade of the suriving skaven from the revolutionary force for Warpstone enriched foods, his Guallavera grey seer robe blodied and torned, Ratsputin vowed to return one day and kick the evil invaders out, The Arch Heretic Matt would pay for all the injustice done to him and his people!"
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Number of posts : 2971
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Bay of Rats invasion repelled ! Empty Re: Bay of Rats invasion repelled !

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:32 pm

Man Luis, I'm trying to have lunch and I can't because I keep cracking up!

Both our magics were just sick. Yours dominated first game, mine did during the second. The sacrificial dagger and power of darkness spells are nasty as hell.

It was funny how the cold one knights, who did nothing first game, managed to flank your seer in the second game and force you to take a break test on ld 3! Flanking skaven is so awesome hehehe.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:46 pm

AHA ! The Arch Heretic responds !!!!

lol, it was a coupel of very fun games, im liking the Skaven and all the crazy stuff that goes on with them, the thing where weapon teams can now be targeted suxs Sad makes taking them almost worthless.
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male
Armies : Orks, Space Wolves, O&G, Skaven, Lizardmen, Beastmen, Tyranids, FOW Peasant Canibal Army

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:40 pm

Matt.. you sneaky bastard...

I didn't know you had a full on Dark Elf army all assembled and shit?

Wanna go up against the V.C's with them?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:46 pm

haha not at all, I had to proxy them with goblins! and no, I don't want to fight VC's with them!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:10 pm

BoOO HIIIIISSSS BOOOO.

V.Cs' get such a bad rap these days.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:17 pm

Luis, I was looking at the Skaven codex, and there are a few things that we might have gotten wrong:

Weapons teams have a single wound.

The bell moves normally as long as its unit is at least 10 strong. It starts moving slower when the unit goes below 10 rats. (Not sure if this ever happened)

You can measure spell ranges from any part of the bell (and I think the general's ld too, now that I think about it)
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:18 pm

Ovich wrote:BoOO HIIIIISSSS BOOOO.

V.Cs' get such a bad rap these days.

Wholly deserved if you ask me. It doesn't help that you're such a good general with them.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Aug 14, 2008 5:22 pm

Why thanks....

BTW... Luis used that old... " weapons teams have 2 wounds" trick... .. Will did that too me too, probably ended up costing me the game because he had like 8 jezzails.. Afterward I went home and read the book and was like " wait a second !! I've been HAD !!!! "
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:23 pm

He did, the rat bastard. He also tried to use an old 2006 faq that would have meant I couldn't target the teams if they were within 3" of their parent unit!

Actually, I bring that up because I told him the teams had lost that protection in 7th ed. because the whole targeting restriction for characters (teams use those rules) is gone. I just want to run it by you and see if I was right.
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:30 pm

Well, i dont own any jezzails so it must hav ebeen a dream u had about me beating you Stephan...i didnt know you cared that much Embarassed

I had no idea they had just 1 wound, never even looked, i saw 2 guys, and thought they came with 2 guys manning the gun. With the Bell it never got unde r10 when moving, you just killed it with your guys in hand to hand Smile Hmm..measuring from the bell itself wouldve helped in some spells and LD tests Smile

I kept on xpecting fanatics to pop out of the Nigh goblin/corsair units Smile

Hey Stephan, i gotta play u with my Skaven man, you got no shooting, so it means that my ratlin guns are gonna have a field day !!!! DAKADAKA DAKA DAKA !!!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:32 pm

Stephan said the jezzail thing was in a game vs. some Will person. And watch out for Stephan's magic missiles... those and the banshee can still take out your ratling guns!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Warlord Solskritt Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:51 pm

Skaven shall rise up!!! Don't worry Luis,the Confederatcy shall aid the Skaven Revolutionary Forces against the evil overlord Matt!

The Confederatcy will not be held responsible if a mysterious assassination of Grey Seer Ratsputin happens.In payment for aid,the Revolutionary Forces shall be forced into slavery to serve in the southlands cotton fields of the Confederatcy
Warlord Solskritt
Warlord Solskritt
Imperial Guard Commissar

Male
Number of posts : 1105
Armies : Rats,Uruk-Hai,Germans

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Thu Aug 14, 2008 8:01 pm

Bah, I shall crush your little rebellion as soon as my cold one knights get their new extra-spiky special elven saddles!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:50 pm

Warlord Solskritt wrote:Skaven shall rise up!!! Don't worry Luis,the Confederatcy shall aid the Skaven Revolutionary Forces against the evil overlord Matt! The Confederatcy will not be held responsible if a mysterious assassination of Grey Seer Ratsputin happens.In payment for aid,the Revolutionary Forces shall be forced into slavery to serve in the southlands cotton fields of the Confederatcy

u know, u had me there untill i saw the small print ..... one has ot be very careful when signing Skaven alliance proposals !!
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:16 pm

HA hahahaha..

That was genius JC.....

Luis, are you going to the September tourney at the Dragon?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by luis the young Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:43 am

naa, cant make it to the tourney on september at the dragon, im going to the FoW one the sunday before and ive used up a ot of my free time allready Smile but you never know, i'll try to make it, but so far is like 95% no
luis the young
luis the young
The Lord of Cuba
The Lord of Cuba

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down