The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Florida State FOW Champion

+2
Hurricane
scurrdi
6 posters

Go down

Florida State FOW Champion Empty Florida State FOW Champion

Post by scurrdi Wed May 19, 2010 11:01 pm

So, Georgia is piloting this idea, and Battlefront is buying into it.

Basically, Georgia will be having a series of tournaments (about 9 in total) throughout the state which are all qualifiers. In addition, they will keep track of who wins, etc. etc. At the end of the circuit, they will announce the "best player in Georgia" or something along those lines.

Battlefront apparently loves this idea, and wants to have a different state run one each year. There is a high possibility that Florida might be up next. If so, Sunshine has already been contacted about being one of the stores to host the event (as we are like the only store in South Florida with FOW).

I want to start talking about this now, because I want it to be awesome. Here are some questions if you could please answer that'd be great.

1. Would you want it to be Late-War or Mid-War?

2. 1500, 1750, or 2000 pts?

3. If it could be themed (like a specific theater, such as Normandy, for example) would want it to be themed?

4. Would you want the missions to be known in advance, or would you want each table to be a different mission?

Thanks!

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Florida State FOW Champion Empty Re: Florida State FOW Champion

Post by Hurricane Thu May 20, 2010 12:34 am

1. Either

2. 1500 or 1750. 2k is too much.

3 Doesn't matter

4. Missions in advance
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by jerryb Thu May 20, 2010 2:53 am

I hope Mr. Sunshine realizes how potentially important this could be. Statewide recognition would bring a lot of attention and players in general love this sort of thing.

The reason "Magic the Gay Gathering" is so popular is because there is local; State and finally national competition.

So Mr. Sunshine needs to get totally behind this, run the tournament and not listen to just one or two players he can't make because they're having their pussy shaved, but the MAJORITY who want to participant.

JerryB
jerryb
jerryb
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1451
Armies : AT-43, Pyrates, Battle Tech
Registration date : 2008-06-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu May 20, 2010 8:06 am

If it's the only one in Florida. No stores up North carry the game?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Thu May 20, 2010 9:05 am

jerryb wrote:I hope Mr. Sunshine realizes how potentially important this could be. Statewide recognition would bring a lot of attention and players in general love this sort of thing.

The reason "Magic the Gay Gathering" is so popular is because there is local; State and finally national competition.

So Mr. Sunshine needs to get totally behind this, run the tournament and not listen to just one or two players he can't make because they're having their pussy shaved, but the MAJORITY who want to participant.

JerryB

Wont happen. While at the store Joel walks up to me with the Warriors of Chaos book and asks me if it was a 40k codex. There's one of the many issues with the store...he doesnt even know his own product. I though he at least knew the difference between Fantasy and 40k.
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Autarch (CM) Thu May 20, 2010 12:03 pm

1. Either/Or

2. 1750 or 2000

3. I have mixed feelings towards that.

4. Preferably in advance.
Autarch (CM)
Autarch (CM)
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 452
Armies : WHFB: Greenskins, Wood Elves | FoW: Wermacht Heer | WM/H: Blindwater Congregation
Registration date : 2008-03-02

Back to top Go down

Post by scurrdi Thu May 20, 2010 9:18 pm

There are several stores that run and have a strong player base for FOW.

We would be one of several stores running the tournament circuit.

scurrdi
Chaos God

Number of posts : 2520
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Hurricane Fri May 21, 2010 1:18 am

Orlando, Jacksonville, and Palm Bay (Melbourne) have strong player bases
Hurricane
Hurricane
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1622
Armies : Mormon Crusaders,Sisters of Battle, Lizardmen, British and Fallschirmjager
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down