The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is the new rule book worth it

4 posters

Go down

Is the new rule book worth it Empty Is the new rule book worth it

Post by Garry Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:06 pm

I have not played warhammer sense Oct. just found out about two weeks ago new book was being released is it worth $75? Is there still that many people playing?
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Is the new rule book worth it Empty Re: Is the new rule book worth it

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:54 pm

ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:57 pm

but do you think it is worth the money? Is there still a good amount of people playing? Or should I lean towards the FOW that seems to be picking up more people.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 pm

Play what you want to play, and not what everyone else is playing.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Should be a quite a few. There did seem to be a nice community until rumors of a new edition came out. I will be getting along with my brother. Just trying to figure out what army.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:38 pm

the big question is the group mostly in Miami or is there still some up here in broward. As far as play what you want and like you need people to do that with and people you enjoy playing with.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:45 pm

Well if you play only what other people play, no one would play anything but D&D and 40K it would seem, but people do have choices.

Where do you like to play? In Broward I know theres a good amount of Warmachine/Hordes love that goes on around Cool Stuff Games, while up north at Tate's 40k is still pretty huge, just the other week when I went in every table was packed with 40k. I don't know if they have a Fantasy following anymore, they used to have a big group of players, but I dropped out of playing at Tates long while ago.

I mainly play with my regular gaming buddies at one of our house, haven't touched Fantasy in probably a little over a year as last I played was at War and Pieces.

Flames of War is only played in South Florida at Sunshine from what I know, there are good sized groups though further North but far. Friend and I have FoW but rarely get to play as we don't make it to Sunshine and we usually end up playing something else.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:47 pm

The Miami group has been active, the Broward group has be silent.
I'm sure the Miami group will remain active in 8th Edition.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Jun 21, 2010 11:27 pm

And we have a lot of girls in bikinis. Joel also sells liquor and beer now. Yea, that's the ticket.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down