The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mighty Empires

3 posters

Go down

Mighty Empires Empty Mighty Empires

Post by Garry Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:30 pm

Thinking of talking with Tate to see about running a mighty empires campaign every other Sunday starting Aug. 8th if any of you are intrested.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Mighty Empires Empty Re: Mighty Empires

Post by Kyle Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:17 pm

Place can be pretty packed on Sundays mostly with 40K games. What kind of campaign is the Mighty Empires? Is it a single point value or a type of escalating league type campaign system? I would be kinda interested but my O&G army is pretty much in shambles and needs some rebuilding for 8e.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 pm

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/articleCategory.jsp?communityArticleCatId=1000017&articleCatId=1000017&catId=cat440134a&section=

Here is a link to games workshop that gives you a general run down of how it is played.

We are talking about 2250 army lists. You would want to bring a few list because of what army you might be playing against.

A quick break down to it is the top point player challeges one of the other player and so on and so on. Be honest with you I really need to read the 5 page rule book again and I know that we have talked about some tweeks to it with certain tiles having special things is own it.

Tates has comited to us that we will have room to play the mighty empires, and may even offer prizes for first. They will not be charging to play there and the board will be posted in a case.

I do know that we are only going to do it for sure every other Sunday

Take a look at the link and shot me back a message.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:23 pm

As it is I don't got 2250 ready at this time, as I mentioned I got to fix up the list as I took it partially apart in 6E and never got around to finishing it off. Don't think I will get to 2250 in time for the campaign, just got the 8E book so I have to catch up.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:20 pm

Well if you need fig's to make the 2250 I have some Ogre you can use. Even if you just show up to play a pick up game.
18 Bull w/ comand
4 iron guts
butcher
hero
I pretty much butchered the rest with last addition with them being so shitty
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:51 pm

18 Bulls in a 6x3 horde = 54 base attacks, not to mention the impact hit benefits! That is one sick unit!
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:05 pm

Or he can still break it out to 3 units of 6.
19 base 4+sv or with fists 25 6+sv
The only down fall would be they would be dealing with a lot of steadfast units first round of combat maybe even 2nd or 3rd depending on size. but with 3 units you can protect flanks beter.

If you have any dwarfs, goblins, skaven you can use them as your gnoblers great for the big block units for you and if close enough to genral and BS there leadership can tie units up for a bit.

Last edited by Garry on Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down