The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Watchtower Scenario

4 posters

Go down

The Watchtower Scenario Empty The Watchtower Scenario

Post by Diosamblet Sat Oct 16, 2010 7:56 am

I've played this scenario with my lizzies vs. a friend's WoC twice and they've both been awesome games!

It was 1500 pts, so I was facing 20 (or 24, can't remember) warriors of tzeentch, 5-6 knights, lv 4 on disk and a hero on jugger. He won the roll to see who held the tower during both games, and garrisoned it with the warriors.

It's pretty hard to dislodge that many warriors with a 3+ AS and 5+ ward in CC, especially just with 2 units of 18 saurus and some other support units!

1st game I left my Slann exposed to his knights with jugger, but thanks to the eye of the gods rule the hero on jugger challenged, and with the slann's 4+ ward I managed to stay alive for a few turns. Meanwhile I rolled as many dice as I could for speed of light and timewarp, getting irresistible both times and then killing some knights with the blast effect from the miscast! 10 saurus fighting in an assault inside the tower meant 30 attacks hitting on 3+ rerollable!

2nd game I used Shadow magic, and had both my saurus units severely depleted yet still couldn't budge the warriors. One unit got decimated by a hellcannon that misfired and blew itself up but still hit the unit at S10! I beat the unit inside the tower by solo charging with a scar-vet bsb with the 4+ ward heavy armor. My friend had to challenge with the unit champion due to Eye of the gods rule, lost the duel by 3, and the whole unit failed their break test! After that, I decimated the unit with Enfeebling foe spell at -3 to their toughness and 3 salamanders.

Gotta say, it's one of my favourite scenarios,

Oh, and the Slann is awesome!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Number of posts : 672
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Back to top Go down

The Watchtower Scenario Empty Re: The Watchtower Scenario

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:09 am

Sounds like you played it wrong.......

You do realize the unit in the building is stubborn? Whoever wins the deployment roll usually wins the game. I'm amazed you were able to push them out.

Mistake on your opponent's part too.

He could have held his champ out of the building combat and forced you to fight all 10 warriors and you would have died.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:27 am

You're right, Bill! Didn't read the part about the garrison always being stubborn...

And yes, he could have kept the champ out of the building combat, although neither of us thought about it (and he knew he would likely lose the combat after he had to challenge).

Still, it's a fun scenario, especially since you wait a few turns to hurt the garrison (lizzies have salamanders, that get to reroll to wound rolls because of flaming attacks!) before charging in!
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Garry Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Only thing I would have liked them to add to it was the old rules for breaking down the door and all the other fun rules they had 2 additions ago with breaking into towers and castle walls.
Garry
Garry
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 233
Armies : Chaos, dark elf, Skaven, Ogre, Orc (fan & 40K) Brit, eldar, marines, high elf
Registration date : 2008-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadowMaster Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:50 am

Yeah - Siege rules would have been good.

There are no rules for damage to the building when shot with a cannon or stone thrower. Those Skaven can Crank Call it down, but otherwise it can't be removed or damaged.

NOTE TO LUIS - I was wrong at our toruney game back in July. It appears to be perfectly legal to have one unit leave the building and another move in on the same turn.
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Diosamblet Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:36 am

ShadowMaster wrote:NOTE TO LUIS - I was wrong at our toruney game back in July. It appears to be perfectly legal to have one unit leave the building and another move in on the same turn.

It's legal, but it's retarded. It means your opponent can re-garrison the building with a fresh unit and neutralize all the effort you put into weakening the original garrison. I mean, it's stated in many parts of the building rules how slow it is to garrison or abandon a building...
Diosamblet
Diosamblet
Primarch

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:17 am

What..... one unit's going out through the side door, the other one is coming in through the back..... not so hard to understand..

When you win combat and force the opponent out, you garrison the building automatically. So why should you have to wait 2 turns to move one friendly unit out and another in ?

If you don't want a unit reinforcing the garrison, you'll have to commit resources to taking out that unit with another unit of yours.
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Ovich Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:21 am

Chaos warriors are the Shizz in the new game, but DAMN they're still expensive. Especially when you take the now mandatory Halberd.

17 points per man ?

Compare to Wardancers..... 18 points per man, and much less effective... and GW says there's no powercurve ?
Ovich
Ovich
Lord of Chaos

Male
Number of posts : 2629
Armies : Iron Warriors, Empire, Woodelves, Vampire Counts, Warriors of Chaos, Mid War Italians, Late War Soviets, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down