The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So I need a new list to try out lol

+2
KingdomCome
zephel
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

So I need a new list to try out lol Empty So I need a new list to try out lol

Post by zephel Sat Dec 04, 2010 9:57 pm

So after the outcome of the tournament, i'm thinking on changing or at least modifying my list of eldar for 2k matchs. So in the tournament this is basically what happened.

Eldar vs. Space wolves - capture the spore. I lost all harliquinns and avatar, while i killed some dread that turned into an object ( GAY!) and a couple of other squads and a terminator squad. this match was a lost

Eldar Vs. Tyranids- Lost all but one quinn and had to stop at turn 4, so we still had turn five and i could of tied the match with john since it was annihaltion and it ended with the score being 3-4

Eldar Vs. Dark Eldar- Avatar got insta killed....wtf. lost a squad of quinns to wyches, a wraith lord to raiders, and a wave serphant plus 5 dire avengers to another ravager

So suggestions would help lol. I' ve played with a dire avenger heavy list one time but they were footslogging and were alright. So i'm not sure to try now another cc list or shooty list.
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

So I need a new list to try out lol Empty Re: So I need a new list to try out lol

Post by KingdomCome Sat Dec 04, 2010 11:03 pm

Shooty.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

So I need a new list to try out lol Empty Re: So I need a new list to try out lol

Post by zephel Sun Dec 05, 2010 1:22 am

ok, what kinda shooty though? like warp spider shooty, dire avenger shooty? jet bike shooty ( i'm actually considering trying out jet bikes but i have no models Sad )
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Mon Dec 06, 2010 3:13 pm

Actually, Ceasar, when's the next time your going to joels for warhammer? I would actually like to try out the bike council.
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:35 pm

i used to play with a squad of 7 + an exarch. At this point I run 2 of 5 at 1500 and 3 of 5 at 1850 if I use the avatar or 4 of 5 I don't
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male
Number of posts : 218
Armies : Eldar, High Elves, Salamanders
Registration date : 2008-03-05

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:55 pm

feen039 wrote:i used to play with a squad of 7 + an exarch. At this point I run 2 of 5 at 1500 and 3 of 5 at 1850 if I use the avatar or 4 of 5 I don't

Talking about dire avengers?
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:19 pm

yea he lost me there
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:53 pm

yeah i was talking about dire avengers. I no longer see the necessity to run full squads.
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Wed Dec 08, 2010 9:56 pm

feen039 wrote:yeah i was talking about dire avengers. I no longer see the necessity to run full squads.
Why's that?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:35 pm

For 18 more points of a full squad (10+exarch w/ dual cats and B.S.), you can run 5 d.avengers with a wave serpent with stones.

In 1850, I am running 3 squads of 3 Walkers, 3 D.A. in W.S w/ EML's, 2 squads of Fire Dragons, and the Avatar.
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:52 pm

I'm still on two squads of walkers. No avatar. But yeah- 5DA and 5Firedragons in Waveserpents

A 1500 list would be:

Eldrad

5DA + WS
5DA + WS
5DA
5Fire Dragons +WS
5Fire Dragons +WS
Falcon; HF; SS; Scannon; EML
3War Walkers
3War Walkers

2000 just expands on that.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:59 pm

Well, I might buy an army set from this dude on friday and it brings

1 Avatar

1 Farseer

1 Limited Edition Bone Singer

2 Autarchs

2 Jetbike Squads

4 Vypers

1 Shining Spears

1 Harlequin Squad

3 Falcon Grav Tanks

And i was hoping on then buying some more shining spear boxes and maybe a seer council or two and make two squads of seer councils. I know it's a huge point sink but ive heard it works pretty well. and the total amount of jetbikes in the set is 20 jetbikes+ a squad of shining spears + plus the autarch on a jetbike.

zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:17 pm

That's a lot of stuff. Decent price? You'll probably eventually want more waveserpents though.

A dual jetcouncil list:

130 Farseer: Runes of Warding; Fortune; Jetbike
115 Farseer: Fortune; Jetbike
375 Warlocks (7)
Embolden x2; Enhance x2; Destructor x2; Jetbikes
375 Warlocks (7)
Embolden x2; Enhance x2; Destructor x2; Jetbikes

160 Dire Avengers (5)
Waveserpent
160 Dire Avengers (5)
Waveserpent
160 Dire Avengers (5)
Waveserpent
160 Dire Avengers (5)
Waveserpent
180 Fire Dragons (5)
Waveserpent
180 Fire Dragons (5)
Waveserpent

Total: 1995
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:22 pm

Well i own a wave serphant and fire prisim that can proxy in the mean time as serphants plus the falcons so that'll be 5 serphants. And yea pretty decent price if i can get my hands on it. I cross my fingers hope i can get it. It has what i want for eldar, Speed, durability and hella decent cc. Had i known thats how bike council worked, i would of never bought what i did when i started and just put all my money towards this type of list.

But why have two embolden/ enhance on each squad, why not just 1 and give the rest destructers?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:27 pm

Chris - I forgot about Eldrad on my List. I starting using the Avatar recently to protect the walkers, and to avoide my D.A. from running if the vehicles blow up and I fail the leadership. I started using him recently.

zephen - The bone singer is a nice model to have. I am not fond of the jetbike squads. I use to run a seer council on bike, the problem with it is that all it takes a psychic hood to block off the fortune and the seer council is toast. I will really recommend you the walkers, cannot go wrong with 24 shots @ Strenght 6
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:31 pm

I don't like walkers much unless they wraithlords. I gave my walker away to roy since they never really interested me. Even after playing against chris and taking the hailstorm from him, i wasn't too into them.
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:24 am

zephel wrote:But why have two embolden/ enhance on each squad, why not just 1 and give the rest destructers?

After two well placed destructors and the twin-linked shurican catapult shots a unit tends to be done.

You double up on powers so you don't lose that power when one warlock dies (wound allocation).

Biggest problem with the seer council is they're fragile (without fortune) and expensive. Take away fortune (runic weapon, psychic hood, etc) and they're toast. Also, pray you get first turn. Again, without fortune- the unit suffers.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by feen039 Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:37 am

for wound allocation purposes give one of the warlocks with the same power a singing spear. I wouldn't put more than 3 singing spears on the entire squad.
feen039
feen039
Aspiring Champion

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:22 am

Well, turns out i lost that auction for jetbikes Sad
i lost by a doller too which is gay but anyway. Right now i have 180 dollers to spend on models for the jetbikes /bike council. Any ideas? Somebody had told me that a good cheap way to start now would be to buy the dark eldar bikes from joel for 30 bucks for three bikes. Would they let me use those bikes in competitions if they are converted or have at least some eldar decal on them?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:08 am

Proxy first. Proxying is Gods way of telling you to save money... especially when starting out....
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:15 am

KingdomCome wrote:Proxy first. Proxying is Gods way of telling you to save money... especially when starting out....
Yea i know proxy is the way to go. I just kinda wish I can have that sense of " I own this army" you know, like i have all the models, fully painted and everything. But with this hobby, i gotta learn some patience. Which i don't mind, tho i do try to rush alot of things in life. Are you going to be at joels this coming wednesday by the way?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:26 pm

I own a lot of eldar models I don't use. So yeah- definitely proxy for a while.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:12 pm

The Eldar Guy wrote:I own a lot of eldar models I don't use. So yeah- definitely proxy for a while.
Yea, i remeber you told me that what i did when i first started was the same thing you did, just drop cash on units that now you don't use lol. sigh, wish i can get that money back and actually buy some models i would use but eh, you learn from mistakes and now i know about the almighty Proxy
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:37 pm

I'll be at sunshine this wed. What time are you guys usually getting there by?
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:10 pm

hopefully ill have the day off chris n i get there early for some bfg Smile
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next