The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG

+3
The Eldar Guy
chef xenos
Srgt. Master
7 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG Empty Wednesday's open GURPS RPG

Post by Srgt. Master Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:59 pm

FIRST! Razz

Just so we can update/communicate easier...
and maybe post up-to-date character description/attributes and general announcements from our friendly GM.

@GM:My list wasn't messed up, and the point total was 250. I took liberty of swaping the gate skills for other, more plausible 'spells'

Last edited by Srgt. Master on Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 166
Armies : Adeptus Mechanichus/ Guard
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG Empty Re: Wednesday's open GURPS RPG

Post by Srgt. Master Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Sorry I wasn't there I was with ( AKA:babysitting) my cousin and the parents didn't let me out of his sight... Evil or Very Mad
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG Empty reposted for player situational awareness

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 12:52 pm

I am putting on another game on Wednesdays starting 15 Dec, 6 oclock and at Sunshine. We will be playing with "Gurps" rules, which are VERY easy. I will also send a seperate e-mail with the PDF rules to you in another e-mail if you send me your e-mail address.

Module setting: My own creation, think 13th century europe with laser guns. Technology is present but far too expensive for most people to own.

Rules: GURPS. I have all the books, you need nothing. I chose this ruleset because it is VERY easy. The basic roll is three 6-sided dice then you add a modifier.

Background:
The world of New Sun is heavily influenced by, and in part a tribute to, Jack Vance's "Dying Earth," and Gene Wolfe's "Citadel and Claw" but it is quite different from those worlds. It represents the "do-nothing" future, the future in which the human race neither destroys the world through some great catastrophe, nor learns to manage it wisely. As a result, the world, a mere million or so years from now, has grown old, the natural resources used up. Miners dig in the ruins of ancient cities (still far in our future) for artifacts and materials.

The Moon is green -- it has been terraformed and forested. Humanity once flew among the stars, but no more.

Something happened to drive human civilization, and the core of the human population, back to the homeworld, and wounded the Sun, turning it into a dimming shadow of its former self.

A prophecy tells of a messiah-figure, the New Sun, who will bring a new sun to Urth and restore the vitality of Urth and of the human race. This figure was prophesied by another mysterious messiah, the Conciliator, who lived a thousand years in the quest's past. The two figures are said to be the same being.

Aliens visit Urth regularly, and are loathed and feared by the common folk of the Commonwealth, the country where the action of quest takes place.

Alien beasts, as well as animals reconstructed from Urth's past, roam the mountains and forests of the Commonwealth.

To the north, the Ascians, "people without shadows," live in a state of perpetual war with the Commonwealth.

Characters: Build whatever the heck you like. That said, you may have just ONE piece of technology above what what they had in 1000 AD. Yes you may have a gun but only the ammo / charge stored in it. Your characters have just been banished from Hightown for a crime and are about to be sent on a mission.

Additionally you are encouraged to choose one of the following "Fate Threads". These will tie into the overall story:

1. You occasionally find your face and name on old coins. You don't know why.

2. You have flashbacks of a war you have never known

3. A small ugly man claiming to be your real father saves your life occasionally in childhood.

4. You receive a pension for work at a trading company that you have never worked for or heard of.

5. You can heal the sick (can't be used to heal wounds)

Character ideas that would fit the background but you are not limited to:

disgraced soldier,

exiled torturer/lictor (tortures are held in high regard and are considered noble) they have a guild

Witch. somehow able to use technology naturally. They have a guild

Former Sailer. There are occasionally spaceships docking above earth.

Back to top Go down

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG Empty Synopsis week one and two

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:24 pm

First game:
Five players. a Witch, bio-weapon/lover-boy, Necomancer, Thief, and a david korresh cult leader type guy.
The group was summoned to the city guard constable and told they had been pressed into service despite the wealth and backgrounds that might prevent this. Constable Larva told the group he wanted some precious books and a small jewel that were stolen from the library. He gave out clues like hot-pockets on where to find them. The group went to the local torturer's guild and interrogated then killed the one surviving thief. The group took the body to a nearby jail and raised him from the dead. Got more info, then killed him again, then the necromancer made him into a zombie. They found out he was a ascien. (religious brainwashed soldier from the north) and where the other thieves were supposed to be. THe group rented a boat and readied for combat.

Additionally, Mr. Korresh made a NPC into a personal slave through vampiric domination. He now owns Sheila, the corn cake vendor.

Week two:
Players included a Witch, bio-weapon/lover-boy, two apprentice torturers, Thief, and a david korresh type guy.
The group was extorted in the river by the boat's captain who had just raped the bio-weapon. Choosing to kill the captain and sail the boat (without the skill mind you) the group was able to land the boat down river of the intended target. The local area is composed of necropolis ruins, perhaps abandoned for 150 years. One mausoleum held the body of bio-weapon/loverboy and a mural of his supposed rise to power utilizing a blue jewel. The group pulled the head off the entombed body and played with it. Then moved on to the ascien thieves which were camped a mile up river. The thief snuck in, scooped the area and stole a laser-gun. The group rushed in a killed. Some escaped, notably the local guide. Two were captured and the books and jewel were not found immediately.

The saga of sheila continued. After a brush with death in the river, the god of rivers seemed to have blessed her. She always has a small idle in her wet hands. She begins to question her role as servant...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:26 pm

Combat was a little sloppy in my opinion. Mostly because it was our first real encounter. I am looking at using models using the book rules. I will need group feedback on if this is needed.

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Sat Dec 25, 2010 4:50 pm

i think we should
it will give me a reason to make one Razz
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Sun Dec 26, 2010 1:16 pm

I would probably agree with using models. It'll make range finding abit more of an exact thing,especially finding how clear of a shot we have to a target.

I WILL be there next week!!!!(*can't wait to start making a zombie army*)
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:25 pm

Sorry for leaving so aruptly, did we get any EXP this session? I want to invest into fatigue points....
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Thu Dec 30, 2010 12:45 am

10pts

I'll definately be there for gurps next wed. Very Happy
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:32 am

Week three:

Well the group searched the camp and found that the asciens were cannibals. they also found two laser guns, maps, three vials of unknown goo and simple weapons. They also found the two books they were looking for but not the jewel.

Necromancer raised a half-zombie

After the david korresh threw Shiela into the river, she experienced a miracle and began to walk on water. The river goddess had truely blessed her. So korresh blew her head off after a spat with the goddess's avatar. (the avatar could not roll below a 16)

Realizing that the ascien's guide had run off during the fight, the group chased after him. They found him on the beach signaling to a Ascien ship-of the-line. The thief went invisible, snuck up and stole his possessions and then beat him down. Then the thief began dragging him back to the tree line.

A row boat from the ascien ship landed and began to chase after the group. Thats when the thief rolled an 18 on a climb tree roll. the tree fell over on top of two zombies that had been timed to explode on proximity my the necromancer. The tree burst into flames.

The asciens used the fire to call in artillery from the ship. Ascien's fire porcelain balls due to the lack of metal on this world. the result was gruesome.

The witch had no long range weapons so he charged while the group held to the tree line. A canon ball hit him in the (I used a 12 sided hit location die) in the crotch. He went -10HP and exploded into a hundred pulled pork sandwiches all along the beach. The rest of the group fell back into the forest.

Also it just occurred to me that the witch was the last person to look at the books, so he was the one carrying them. Ya'll just got screwed. I've foreshadowed that the jewel was the real prize, but constable larva wanted the books. hmmmmmm. What to do, what to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:21 pm

what was the bio-construct doing during the fight?
cus i think you guys could of used some fire support
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:34 pm

hivefleet psychodelic wrote:what was the bio-construct doing during the fight?
cus i think you guys could of used some fire support

He was several miles away, whacking it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:01 pm

Justin Page wrote:Week three:

Well the group searched the camp and found that the asciens were cannibals. they also found two laser guns, maps, three vials of unknown goo and simple weapons. They also found the two books they were looking for but not the jewel.

Necromancer raised a half-zombie

After the david korresh threw Shiela into the river, she experienced a miracle and began to walk on water. The river goddess had truely blessed her. So korresh blew her head off after a spat with the goddess's avatar. (the avatar could not roll below a 16)

Realizing that the ascien's guide had run off during the fight, the group chased after him. They found him on the beach signaling to a Ascien ship-of the-line. The thief went invisible, snuck up and stole his possessions and then beat him down. Then the thief began dragging him back to the tree line.

A row boat from the ascien ship landed and began to chase after the group. Thats when the thief rolled an 18 on a climb tree roll. the tree fell over on top of two zombies that had been timed to explode on proximity my the necromancer. The tree burst into flames.

The asciens used the fire to call in artillery from the ship. Ascien's fire porcelain balls due to the lack of metal on this world. the result was gruesome.

The witch had no long range weapons so he charged while the group held to the tree line. A canon ball hit him in the (I used a 12 sided hit location die) in the crotch. He went -10HP and exploded into a hundred pulled pork sandwiches all along the beach. The rest of the group fell back into the forest.

Also it just occurred to me that the witch was the last person to look at the books, so he was the one carrying them. Ya'll just got screwed. I've foreshadowed that the jewel was the real prize, but constable larva wanted the books. hmmmmmm. What to do, what to do?

Hey guys, it's Phil.

I think that the witch memorized the books and map....but I have to see if he gave them back or if they were kept by him. If they were kept by him, we'll need to sift through the offal left in the wake of that porcelain munitions shell to find them. Hope the Commonwealth doesn't mind some body fluid stains on their property. I felt bad for the kid, but he should have taken his cues from us......or at least kept out of harms way by staying within the forest. now that I am caught up.....I will need to figure out a way to recruit another group of followers now that the God of Freshwater corrupted Sheila....I need to do more brushing up on the gurps main character book.....
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:37 pm

I need to learn the entire magic section, as well as final costs for spells after myskill modifiers
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:54 pm

My order came in today. Just got the play-mat, low-tech book, magic book and twelve extra large glow in the dark guava flavored condoms from joel.

I am also working up a map for the group.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:45 pm

Forcefed24 wrote:
Hey guys, it's Phil.

I think that the witch memorized the books and map....but I have to see if he gave them back or if they were kept by him. If they were kept by him, we'll need to sift through the offal left in the wake of that porcelain munitions shell to find them. Hope the Commonwealth doesn't mind some body fluid stains on their property. I felt bad for the kid, but he should have taken his cues from us......or at least kept out of harms way by staying within the forest. now that I am caught up.....I will need to figure out a way to recruit another group of followers now that the God of Freshwater corrupted Sheila....I need to do more brushing up on the gurps main character book.....

I doubt he even owned a bag. So hopefully he didn't have it otherwise I don't want to know where he kept it.

The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:30 am

well, I didn't even realise what the warlock had... I believe Phil kept the books.

I also took a good strong look at the Magic book, and it seems I have messed up both my cacsting method and names.

It was, however, a nice surprise to find that i have the recover energy spell high enough so that i recover 1 Fatigue every 5 minutes. Smile

I also realised that I may wish to invest into a powerstone or two, as well as many skill points into my main spells as I can...about thirty experiance points to get it to lvl 20 pale
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Sat Jan 01, 2011 9:34 pm

Hey Justin: I wish to make the following spell for Necromancers in general:

Revival
Over the course of Millenia, many necromancers found both the time and energy required for Resurrection to not be a cost-efficient way to revive their 'customers' as was originally imagined. As such, the necromancers learned the use of a 'lite' version of Resurrection. This modified spell, although able to be done at a fraction of the normal energy requirement, has many faults that come along with it. It does the job, so all parties tend to be happy...for the most part...

Subjects MUST be a corpse, as well as a mostly complete and/or above -2 x HP in order for the spell to work.

This spell revives one character who has been dead for less than one hour, and can only be performed once a day by the caster. It revives the character at FP and HP 0, with any crippled/missing limbs as they are, any bleeding will be stopped though. Additionally, the subject is also afflicted with a 4-point Slow Healing for a duration of 2d+12 hours. Remove Curse does not affect this condition, it also affects FP regeneration, and it does not stack with any other spells like slow healing: use the highest-power modifier affecting the subject. Additionally, the subject gains the Chronic Pain (Minor) Disability for the rest of the day if he/she passes a HT test, otherwise it becomes a Chronic Pain (Severe) for the rest of the day and for 1d hours after you wake up the following day! (Who said revival is easy for the subject?)

Cost: 10 (not affected by high skill)
Duration: until subject dies again...probably sooner if he/she gets into another fight...
Time to Cast: 15 minutes
Prerequisite:Lend Vitality,Lend Energy, Major Healing, Zombie, and Magery 3. Caster must also have 10 other Necromancy Spells. One Try per Revival

Special Casting: a First Aid skill check followed by the Spell itself, modified by how damaged the remains are. Body MUST have head mostly intact as well as the majority of the body. If critcal organs (Heart, Both Lungs, ect.) are damaged/missing, the spell will recieve a -1 through -6 modifier, depending on the degree of criticality of the missing/critically damaged organ.

How does that sound?? I tried to make it an obviously less efficient form of Resurrection... to offset the fact that a proper Resurrection is definativly not like I described...I put in many various disadvantages to make up for the sheer amount of energy I'm cutting out from the equation.
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:21 am

Well, unless somebody said they were carrying them I have to assume the group left them or they last person to look at them took them...

I have a map made. I am going to try to get it scanned and input here.

FYI: Cannon rules: for a normal cannon, a 6 pound ball does D6 x6 damage. My ceramic did 5d damage with a 10 foot blast radius.

Back to top Go down

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG Empty basic map

Post by Guest Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG NorthernCommonwealth

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:44 pm

Hey, Justin: I would like to purchase an innate attack for my necromancer, my in-game explanation would be that I found the BluePrints for it on my datapad and constructed it using the nanites. It would be a laser beam with the following profile:

1/2D 10, Max 100, Acc 3, Rof 1, Shots N/A, Recoil 1, Damage 1D+9 Burning

it would cost me 10 exp to make.
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:53 pm

Week four synopsis.
Players: david Korresh, necromancer, witch, thief, bio weapon.
At first little happened then things picked up. The group got mired down in the unimportant for a while. Cooking and arguing. Some of the group and went back to the beach to retrieve the books and scavenge. They got most of the books but some were completely shredded. The necromancer raised two more bodies and found one of the old ones on the beach

The witch's body was eaten by a hungry ascien sailer along with several vials of azebo sauce. Azebo allows you to consume memories of the fallen.... Unfortunately for the sailor, the witch had a perfect memory trait. The witches personality overwhelmed him. long story short he was thrown off the ship for being bat-shit crazy. He found the group and was tied up and interrogated along with the guide retrieved from last weeks adventure.

At this point the game got bogged in the mundane again. so I threw an encounter in willy nilly. Personnel from the ships crew attacked the camp that had a huge cooking fire going. battle ensued. the witch was freed. The bio weapon was hurt but not killed.

The witch fled and retrieved part of his old body then returned The group intending on murdering him for not helping in the fight and for being bat-shit crazy was about to strike....

The blue jewel reacted to the body. By now the group knew that the jewel was a priceless artifact. (the murals on the tomb portrayed it as a king-maker) well the jewel rolled a TRIPLE ONE. It killed the sailor/witch only to reinstate his body to normal.

The thief stole the jewel and all three laser guns and ran.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:21 pm

We need one more player! There will be free cookies!

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:00 pm

what happened to week five???
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:09 pm

i went shopping Smile
then i was almost assainted by a chris follower and then we set the inn on fire
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next