The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG

+3
The Eldar Guy
chef xenos
Srgt. Master
7 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Wednesday's open GURPS RPG - Page 3 Empty Re: Wednesday's open GURPS RPG

Post by Srgt. Master Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:19 pm

wow, thanks man!!! Very Happy

This is going to be awesome!!!!! XD

Not only that, but I might even get a better look at how the company itself operates (thanks for lending me the RP book too, I'm slowly getting a good look at the skills I have to train in order to be a good engineer...although the General role also is interesting me... silent )
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 166
Armies : Adeptus Mechanichus/ Guard
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:07 pm

Srgt. Master wrote:...although the General role also is interesting me... silent )

There are about 3000 Brothers higher ranking then you in line for "captain" position to include the current captain. The company will need a lot more people before the informal "general" rank can be used. When a captain is given the rank of general it is to ensure allied generals don't try to boss the captain around.

That said, don't die and rank will quickly be made. Casualties tend to speed things up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:23 pm

Photobucket

Just a reminder. We are the black company. The only life we value are those of our brothers. We are older then any nation and more resilient then any religion. We are the black company and for the right amount of coin, we can be yours. Betray us and your people are forfeit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:47 pm

I meant the 'General' role as presented in the book I borrowed from you: probably would be equivilant of a squad leader or platoon commander role.

Basicly learn the 'charisma'-related roles such as persuade, suggest, captivate, ect.
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:07 pm

Current employer: Soulcatcher, first herald of the Lady's Empire

Contract: Crush the rebellion of the Southern lands and protect the Magistrate of Beryl from being overthrown.

Background: Weakened by simultaneous rebellions, the Lady's Empire is beset on several sides. Imperial troops have been slowly leeched to face the Eastern wars. Beryl however is a relatively new addition to the empire and the people are of a different complexion, religion, and language then those of the north. Militias have sprung up along the countryside and townships in the vicinity of Beryl. The empire could easily solve the problem through a legion's deployment but why bother? The black legion has just arrived. Ensuring they are employed by the Empire first will ensure nobody else employs them...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:21 pm

You've all earned your company names: Daddy, Tinker, and Possum. You know which is which.

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:07 pm

Possum? Why the hell am I possum? I single handedly killed the captain of that rabble and got cut to ribbons in the process, and I inherit the name possum????
Just as a side note, I really enjoyed the game
Last night, I could almost see it unfolding before my eyes. That epic throat to nuts all put double kick is still fresh in myind, facing death without giving in to that prick Mage made it even better. Looking forward to our next session. We need healing herbs or something.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:15 pm

Probably because you snuck into their camp and raised as much hell as goblin in his 'card game'.

I second the motion that this time around it is alot funner, I really had a good time last session.

I'm still kind of annoyed that dear ol' Possim didn't have reason to save our bacon in time...but oh well!

I also am reading up on the quick gageteer and the seige weapons rules, that way I can get to modifying my equiptment as a My name suggests Razz
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Forcefed24 Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:00 pm

If I can relay any advice to my younger comrades about RPGs is to remain true to your character. If I am a stubborn old Asian man, and I am being taunted into admitting I need the help of a self centered douche like goblin, it's not gonna end well. Imagine what our lives are worth to him, if he would let us perish over something like that. My pride is worth more to me than anybody else's life in the game. My theory worked out because in the end he helped, as he should have.
Forcefed24
Forcefed24
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 436
Armies : Thousand Sons, Necrons, Tyranids
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:23 pm

Yea I try to do so, but I sometimes forget the most important part of the character: the backstory.

I am thinking of doing so this week and possibly toss in some quirks into my character in order to flesh him out abit...he's really simple ATM...
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:31 pm

feel free to add quirks, but I suggest no more then you can count on one hand after a firecracker accident.

About Goblin: He is a not a complete D-bag, he has some loyalties. He is usually kept in line by the other wizards and senior officers. He especially enjoys impressing young brothers, but he is possibly the weakest wizard of the group

The city of beryl: It is an ancient city on the southern edge of the Sea of Torments. It is the "Queen of the Jewel Cities". Initially, Beryl is ruled by the Syndic from a central fortress called the Bastion. Later, it is in the process of becoming a province of the Northern Empire. Beryl appears to have a strong fleet of ships, as the initial alliance between the Northern Empire and the city calls for Beryl to support the Empire with its navy. Beryl is very ancient, it appears to be based on the real life city of Byzantium/Constantinople. It is also similar in that they both have political factions referred to by colors; Constantinople had four, Beryl, two, the Reds and the Blues.

Places to go (map forthcoming):
Necropolitan Hill
tomb of the forvalaka
Fork Barracks (city guard)
The Bastion (surrounded by mob, company standard flys from here)
The Paper Tower: syndics normal home
Trejan's Wall overlooking Beryl's harbour
Mole Tavern
Rubbish Gate

Nearby:
The Pillar of Anguish: is an arrowhead of a chalk headland wormholed with countless little caverns. It thrusts out to sea a day's march east of Beryl. A lighthouse/watchtower stands there. The name comes from the moaning the wind makes passing through the caverns

shopping: I won't get into the "I want to go shopping" part of the game. PM me with a list if you want to look for a shop and buy things. otherwise, bring a list

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:45 pm

In case you guys were wondering:

Mercenary Captain
Total: approx 100 points
(30) ST 13
(30) DX 13
(10) IQ 11
(20) HT 12
Thrust 1d, Swing 2d-1, Speed 6.25, Move 4.
High Pain Threshold (10), Ambidextery (10), Appearance +1 (5)
Bloodlust (-10), Overconfident (-10), Greed (-15), Stubbornness (-5)
Arrogant; Hates insects, especially spiders!; Becomes bad tempered when hungry; Atheist; Insensible, avoids feelings like love or pity.

Skills:
Shortsword-14 (4), Spear-14 (4), Shield-13 (1), Throwing-13 (4), Brawling-13 (1), Nimble Dodge-13 (3), Tatics-10 (2), Tracking-11 (2), Knife-12 (0.5), Stealth-13 (2), Leadership-11 (2), First Aid/TL3-11 (1), Fast-Draw (Sword)-12 (0.5), Parry Missile Weapons-10 (0.5), Strategy (Land)-10 (2).

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Thu Mar 03, 2011 9:53 pm

nimble dodge is the skill that let's him dodge at 11? I guess it averages his normal dodge (9) with the ND skill (13)?

Pretty badass for 100-ish points though! Gave possum a run for his money (until the OMGWTFBBQGETOWNEDANDGOCRYEMO kick combo)!
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:06 pm

ill be there next wends
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:39 am

ill be there this wends so looking forward to combat. n ill have key lime pie Razz
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Gonna add one or two then. Guy used a fate point! ;D
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:23 pm

Quirk: Personality Change: Bloodlust. [-1]

Tinker loves machines: they are much more powerful and ccapable than most people he knows, and they are also death incarnate. Once he gets behind the sights of a machne, he'll get bloodthirsty. The bigger the machine the bigger the resulting bloodlust, and it begins once he witnesses at least one Kill at the hands of the machine he's weilding.

He will not become a fool, and will still re-deploy when his current launching location is unsafe: How else can he continue to kill with death incarnate if he himself can't guide it?

Is that acceptable?
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:36 pm

Your Quirk is just fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:55 pm

Upon entering the city the group finds the large castle-like bastion in the city center under siege by several thousand rioters. The rioters are also roaming the streets screaming anti empire /pro beryl nationalist slogans. Many wear blue headbands, some red. The city guard are nowhere to be seen. The harbor sits pregnant with a thirty warships carrying the empire's flag.

If you recall, the company was hired by the Empire to stop a tiny rebellion. Atop the bastion, sits the black standard of the company

The group has a few viable options that I see (of coarse there are as many as your guys can come up with):

1. Wait out the siege. Your brothers are capable of handling a siege or two. No shame in that. And some of your are badly wounded.
2. Incite action by a pro-empire group within the city. Your characters do not know the political situation so this one may be difficult.
3. Figure out a way to get into the bastion to rejoin your brothers
4. Convince that mage to help. (he can likely disperse the crowd but they will soon figure out that the flaming skull chanting nursery rhymes is a illusion
5. Thirty ships. Probably manpower/cannons on them... That could backfire.
6. mobilize the city guard somehow
7. ????

What is funny about this setting is that it mirrors the whole Libya situation. Whats worse, in that analogy, you guys are the foreign mercenaries that everybody blames for the atrocities

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:53 pm

BTW Justin: I have practically finished the Black Company book: Kinda confused to what exactly The Lady did to Croaker that time she touched him...
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:21 pm

I can lend you the rest of the series if you want

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:21 pm

No thanks, at least not now, with mid-terms comming up I can't really afford to get into heavy-reading. Thanks for the offer though Smile
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:00 pm

@ justin
about replacing my useless advantage i took that we talked about ,im stuck deciding between daredevil or unkillable
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:06 am

I forgot to ask before I left: how much exp did we get out of making the Mideval equivalent of a nuke???
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:18 pm

6 points.

Next week's game will take place in a city. The company is encamped awaiting further orders but assassins have targeted our employer.

The group must pick an NPC to take with the group. Majority rules.
Choices:
Elmo the vet. (will out rank the squad)
One-eye the wizard. (Most powerful but trouble)
Silver the rogue (very socially skilled, not so in combat)
Chuckles the Scout (you have yet to meet this one)
Goblin

Chapter two is beginning. A larger plot is taking shape.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next