The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Advertisement for GURPs starting 15 Dec at Sunshine

3 posters

Go down

Advertisement for GURPs starting 15 Dec at Sunshine Empty Advertisement for GURPs starting 15 Dec at Sunshine

Post by Guest Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:46 pm

I am putting on another game on Wednesdays starting 15 Dec, 6 oclock and at Sunshine. We will be playing with "Gurps" rules, which are VERY easy. I will also send a seperate e-mail with the PDF rules to you in another e-mail if you send me your e-mail address.

Module setting: My own creation, think 13th century europe with laser guns. Technology is present but far too expensive for most people to own.

Rules: GURPS. I have all the books, you need nothing. I chose this ruleset because it is VERY easy. The basic roll is three 6-sided dice then you add a modifier.

Background:
The world of New Sun is heavily influenced by, and in part a tribute to, Jack Vance's "Dying Earth," and Gene Wolfe's "Citadel and Claw" but it is quite different from those worlds. It represents the "do-nothing" future, the future in which the human race neither destroys the world through some great catastrophe, nor learns to manage it wisely. As a result, the world, a mere million or so years from now, has grown old, the natural resources used up. Miners dig in the ruins of ancient cities (still far in our future) for artifacts and materials.

The Moon is green -- it has been terraformed and forested. Humanity once flew among the stars, but no more.

Something happened to drive human civilization, and the core of the human population, back to the homeworld, and wounded the Sun, turning it into a dimming shadow of its former self.

A prophecy tells of a messiah-figure, the New Sun, who will bring a new sun to Urth and restore the vitality of Urth and of the human race. This figure was prophesied by another mysterious messiah, the Conciliator, who lived a thousand years in the quest's past. The two figures are said to be the same being.

Aliens visit Urth regularly, and are loathed and feared by the common folk of the Commonwealth, the country where the action of quest takes place.

Alien beasts, as well as animals reconstructed from Urth's past, roam the mountains and forests of the Commonwealth.

To the north, the Ascians, "people without shadows," live in a state of perpetual war with the Commonwealth.

Characters: Build whatever the heck you like. That said, you may have just ONE piece of technology above what what they had in 1000 AD. Yes you may have a gun but only the ammo / charge stored in it. Your characters have just been banished from Hightown for a crime and are about to be sent on a mission.

Additionally you are encouraged to choose one of the following "Fate Threads". These will tie into the overall story:

1. You occasionally find your face and name on old coins. You don't know why.

2. You have flashbacks of a war you have never known

3. A small ugly man claiming to be your real father saves your life occasionally in childhood.

4. You receive a pension for work at a trading company that you have never worked for or heard of.

5. You can heal the sick (can't be used to heal wounds)

Character ideas that would fit the background but you are not limited to:

disgraced soldier,

exiled torturer/lictor (tortures are held in high regard and are considered noble) they have a guild

Witch. somehow able to use technology naturally. They have a guild

Former Sailer. There are occasionally spaceships docking above earth.

Last edited by Justin Page on Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dates)

Back to top Go down

Advertisement for GURPs starting 15 Dec at Sunshine Empty Re: Advertisement for GURPs starting 15 Dec at Sunshine

Post by Guest Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Already have two onboard.

Character sheets can be found here. http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/resources/CharacterSheet.pdf

I don't like posting the rules pdf but I can mail it to those who request

Back to top Go down

Advertisement for GURPs starting 15 Dec at Sunshine Empty Re: Advertisement for GURPs starting 15 Dec at Sunshine

Post by ShadowMaster Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:55 pm

I've heard good things about Gurps way long ago and I'd like to see a copy if you wouldn't mind sneding me the PDF

bill_aexp@yahoo.com
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Tue Nov 23, 2010 10:07 pm

I'm interested, I've been dieing to play a role-playing game for awhile. My e-mail's under my pic
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 166
Armies : Adeptus Mechanichus/ Guard
Registration date : 2010-01-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:27 pm

There were some questions on character limitations: If you can make it using the basic book, then you can play it. If you want to use another book, ask me.

Being that this is a new world, I am not expecting a specific backstory until we actually have a chance to sit down and talk it over.

This is going to be a lot of fun

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:59 pm

i'm in
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 05, 2010 12:52 am

Just wanted to remind people that the game is still on this wednesday. We should have enough people now ( I count a definite three and two maybes). Please have a character made, I will allow almost anything as long as you clear it with me first.

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:46 pm

be advised: I might not be able to be there for the start tommorrow...I'll try to be there next wensday, but tommorrow I have to do a project thats been getting more complicated by then minute.Evil or Very Mad

I'm not calling my involvment off, just delayed. Suspect
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:49 pm

Finals week forced a postponement until this wednesday.

FYI: characters need to be 250 points or less if you are building one on your own

Back to top Go down

Post by Srgt. Master Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:33 pm

Alrighty, that works... Razz

alright..so that means I got to change my charater abit to fit ing two last skills...I'll PM you the revised character then. See you next Wensday!
Srgt. Master
Srgt. Master
Traitor Marine

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:12 am

josh is now on board to play (he was the assassin in my last game)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down