The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Outland Station Closed

5 posters

Go down

Outland Station Closed Empty Outland Station Closed

Post by KingdomCome Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:05 pm

I went by outland station tonight and its closed down. Nothing in that space. Anyone know what happend? That place used to sell at outlandish prices. Pun intended. Maybe that's the problem.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Outland Station Closed Empty Re: Outland Station Closed

Post by Kyle Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:07 pm

Didn't it close down some time ago, or am I thinking of another store?
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:16 pm

I heard rumors that it was moving a few weeks ago. Seemed to have a decent size CCG community

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:18 pm

Can a store thrive on ccg alone?
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:54 pm

If its rabid enough, but doubt it really makes tons of money. Really a game store makes about $2 a pack of cards in actual profit, and then they got to constantly be buying more stock. I assume it helps keeps things going but big sales and other items helps keep it afloat.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by Vycem Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:04 pm

Well, it also has a loyal comic book customer base. I actually had a coworker who had several subscriptions to various comics through them, he told me they had a good number of others. But who knows.

Vycem
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 815
Registration date : 2008-05-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Yea if you got a bunch of loyal subbers to comics, that's good money. Lot of the hardcore comic fans drop $60+ a week on comic books sometimes. The Wed pickup at War and Pieces when it was around was crazy seeing the subbers come in one after another and drop ton of cash on stacks of book each week.

Not sure on the profit margins on comic books though, doubt it's a whole lot either.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:47 am

Damn, that sucks. Wish I knew they were closing. Maybe could have grabbed a few things on the cheap. They were always over priced anyway. Macs comics on 87thby coral way is still open though for comic fans.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Frantic Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:30 am

They didn't close. They moved to a new spot on SW 117th ave and 76 st...roughly. Right next to the sunset feed store. I was just there a couple days ago.
Frantic
Frantic
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 762
Armies : WoTR: Gondor & Harad. AT-43:UNA & Red Blok. Battletech: Clan Jade Falcon & FedSuns.
Registration date : 2009-02-19

http://www.myspace.com/djfrantic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down