The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Dark Eldar advance orders up. 2nd wave

5 posters

Go down

New Dark Eldar advance orders up. 2nd wave Empty New Dark Eldar advance orders up. 2nd wave

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:19 am

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat440160a&rootCatGameStyle=wh40k
Unit is gonna be hella expensive.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar advance orders up. 2nd wave Empty Re: New Dark Eldar advance orders up. 2nd wave

Post by KingdomCome Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:55 am

Jesus that's no joke!
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

New Dark Eldar advance orders up. 2nd wave Empty Re: New Dark Eldar advance orders up. 2nd wave

Post by Garm Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:59 am

Now the Razorwing Flocks I'll buy, since this model is actually cheaper than the one I was planning on using. If I were to use it, I'd probably say the same for the Clawed Fiend. But the Beastmaster and Khymera prices are dumb-tarded. I'll just use Hellions and my Warhounds left over from my Beastmen for those.

Oh, and the Succubus. No one uses the Succubus. Hah.

EDIT: On second thought, I'll probably end up being a cheapass, skipping the new Razorwing models and just using the derpy-looking VC Bat Swarms. Get 4 units for like $25 with the discount, over $40 with the new ones.

Last edited by Garm on Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Garm
Garm
Traitor Marine

Male
Number of posts : 137
Armies : 40k: Orks, Dark Eldar - Fantasy: Beastmen
Registration date : 2009-06-25

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:05 am

3x beast masters, 5x kymerae, 1x razorwing = $149.50. About $120.00 with joel's discount. And that's not even a full unit or optimized. Fail!
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 am

GW demands blood and newborns to field that unit. Fuck you too GW.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:03 am

Wow. Prohibitively expensive. No venom? Fail.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:21 pm

Yeah the lack of venoms is depressing.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:38 pm

What sucks even more. Is that this unit is evil. It has a 24" charge range. The webwway portal was made for it. It's a great deathstar on it's own. Obviously GW knows this$$$
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by dozer Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:54 pm

I am personally going to get one of the beastmasters, just as the upgrade part of the unit beastmaster unit, and a pack of helions for the rest leaving one skyboard free for a scratch built Baron. But for everything else I am going elsewhere. Forget buying 10 stands of razorwing flocks that don't even look all that "grim dark" at $15 a pop.

I am actually considering these in lieu of the Razorwings.

Warmaster Undead Carrion

Garm wrote:
Oh, and the Succubus. No one uses the Succubus. Hah.

I actually quite like the Succubus. I ran her (her/him??) with a unit of bloodbrides not to long ago and they put out quite a hurting. I ran her with an Electrocorrosive whip, and the bloodbrides had a syren with an agonizer and shardnets/impalers with the bloodbrides. At a higher WS and Int. than most MCs and ICs, she can put wounds on them, as well as detract from any hits taken back fat her or the squad. Chances are in hth that your target unit will be hitting back at half strength with 3 less attacks from the shard nets. Anything that she doesn't kill can be dropped by the Bloodbrides. Not to mention that the entire MC and IC hunting squad gets boosts from Combat Drugs.

For a cheap and choppy character I find that the Succubus does pretty well.
dozer
dozer
Cultist

Male
Number of posts : 37
Armies : Dark Angels (DW, RW, and Greenwing), DS Skirmish: Chaos Cultists, Imperial Renegades, and Imperial Guard.
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down