The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th edition next year

+4
rokassan
zephel
KingdomCome
jspyd3rx
8 posters

Go down

6th edition next year Empty 6th edition next year

Post by jspyd3rx Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:16 pm

From blood of kittens
Ok the ”Bombshell” I really need to use better wording…

”By the end of the next Olympics we will treated to 6th ed Warhammer 40k”
Now that is something that people that follow GW trends have suspected for awhile. So really that is not that earth shattering. What makes 6thed potentially earth shattering is the version of AoBR we will get. For the first time ever neither Xenos, the Warriors of Roboute Guilliman, or the Sledgehammer of the Emperor will be chosen to fill the starter box.

What that means well all of us will have to wait to find out…

Harry on warseer confirmed next year.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

6th edition next year Empty Re: 6th edition next year

Post by KingdomCome Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:55 pm

5th is a good edition. They might tone down the cover save craze and increase assault power again.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:37 pm

no wait my bikes need cover save D:
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by rokassan Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:44 pm

How long has 5th been out? This is kinda, sorta ridiculous. A new edition every fucking 2 years now?
rokassan
rokassan
Internet bully

Male
Number of posts : 3612
Armies : [40k]Chaos SpaceMarines,IG,Orks,Chaos Demons[FoW]MW-Italians,LW-Pnz.Gren(Grossdeutchland Div.),LW U.S.Para's,[Fantasy]Orc's [LotR] Easterling force,FoW-EW French force.(LW and MW) Hungarian Tank company.
Registration date : 2008-02-27

https://splinterfaction.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:31 am

6e is supposed to be next year. It will be 4 years. Same as 4e to 5e

As for rules, 5E was good except for the overly simply LOS rules
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by Dan Sun Mar 13, 2011 1:36 am

hmm... My guess would be...maybe...scenery or terrain?

I thought the terrain in the Battle for Macragge was pretty cool. Destroyed plane, Tyranid stalks and pools, and the Imperial Electric Fence. Pretty unique pieces.

But it would be crazy to not have "Start up" miniatures in there for the New Blood customer.
Dan
Dan
Traitor Captain

Male
Number of posts : 290
Registration date : 2009-03-20

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:31 am

TLOS isn't bad. It actually makes sense. I swear , if a line of 50 gretchin keeps me from shooting what's behind them again, I'll stop playing until 7th ed. Sad
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:43 pm

TLOS is fine, just not how they implemented it in 5E. You have an entire 30 man squad behind cover and out of view but one or two guys visible and you can somehow hit the entire squad? Would rather they adopt TLOS like other games have done it, where you can only hit what you truly can see.

I assume they did it because of the competitive tourny nature of the 40k playerbase and knowing that TLOS rules would cause lot of conflict of what can and can't be seen, so they simplified it greatly to seeing an entire squad as long as you see something.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:32 pm

I bet they will try to up the point of regular games and make them quicker. Change in FOC for sure.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:53 am

I think in a game like 40k, simple is good. Being able to only kill what you can actually see, will bring up all sorts of issues. For example, in a mixed weapons squad can one type of model with a plasma gun see the same thing as a model with a bolter. If not how to you assign what can and can't shoot. They idea is a good one, but it would probably slow the game down terribly and cause some serious arguments. Both already happen with the watered down rules already in place.
As far as a change in the foc slot, I don't think GW would mess with it. It's not a bad formula and keeps things fairly even across the board. It also make sense too. As far as upping the points of games, its possible, but it would require the rules to be simplified even more. An average 2000 point game runs around and hour and a half if both players are moving at decent speed.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:45 pm

NO MORE RANDOM GAME LENGTH. I guess steal the initiative is here to stay. I personally have gotten used to troops and LOS and whatnot as long as they continue to build codexes around that. New assault rules blow though. Needs to go back to Initiative playing more of a role.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by zephel Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:51 pm

Doesn't initiative already have a big role on who hits first?
zephel
zephel
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 454
Armies : Eldar, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2010-09-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:55 pm

I can see them once against changing how vehicles and weaponry on them work. It seems every edition they change vehicle rules around and it's constantly back and forth in how powerful they are, it's the one thing that they just can't seem to get right since it changes so much each new version.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by The Eldar Guy Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:59 pm

zephel wrote:Doesn't initiative already have a big role on who hits first?

This wouldn't be so bad if everyone was toughness 4, had a 3+sv, and could handle return attacks, but barring Greyknights they tend to have a lower toughness and save.

Take Harlequin for example. They are the most extreme case. In 4th edition they were OP. In assault there were no pile in moves (until the end of combat) and deaths were removed from models within 2" of base to base first. Causing the enemy to be unable to strike back if significant casualties were caused. Harlequins would get stuck in and then on the opponents turn would hit and run to a more viable target. That was 4th edition.

In 5th they simply strike first. Their T3 and 5++ assures that they either die to return attacks or massacre their opponent and die to light arms fire.

Another point is the cost of the Banshee exarch ability "Counter-Attack" @5pts. This, in 4th edition, allowed the banshees to pile in after being charge just like how everyone operates in 5th. The low point cost, if we associate it with worth, shows really how much it sucked to get hit back.
The Eldar Guy
The Eldar Guy
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1571
Armies : Eldar(40k & BFG), Dark Eldar (WIP), & Dark Elves
Registration date : 2008-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:11 pm

Personally they should change the chart numbers for WS. Really WS is pretty stupid as they do it in all their games since all it does is pretty much mean you have to roll a 3+ or 4+.

If your opponent has a crazy high WS skill compared to you, you should have a hard time hitting and be hitting on 5+ or 6+ instead.

CC specialized units would benefit greatly as they would be able to withstand counterattacks better.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Mar 14, 2011 1:37 pm

Cc needed to be toned down from 4th ed. Things getting nerfed is a part of every edition. Vehicles were terribad in 4th and became godsend in 5th. Cc armies literally swept opposition aside in 4th and now a more balanced approach is required in 5th. Etc....4th to 5th definitely balanced things out better than 3 rd to 4th. In 6th they might adjust the vehicle damage table to be more balanced and cover saves will probably be upped. They should find a better balance to cc. 4th was too powerful, 5th wasn't so bad. Still decisive, you just can't build an army around it.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ImAShakiraholic Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:54 pm

CC armies are still viable due to the fact you can get multiple rounds in before you get shot back.

I know setting this type is stuff is hard but there are still many combonations of CC armies that do very well in 5th. I think GK will be one of them.

Parking lots are not ever going to go away due to their effectiveness to claim and keep units safe. Id really like to see the return of 5+ cover!!!

Random game length really fucks up any good army tactics due to the fact youve gotta rely on rolling or NOT roling a marine save...
ImAShakiraholic
ImAShakiraholic
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1255
Armies : Chaos, Tau, Eldar, Tyranids, Necrons, Space Marines :: Vampire Counts, Hordes of Chaos (Khorne)
Registration date : 2008-02-29

http://www.40KWreckingCrew.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down