The Traitor Legion
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

6th edition

+2
ShadowMaster
jspyd3rx
6 posters

Go down

6th edition Empty 6th edition

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:19 am

http://bloodofkittens.com/network/members/rideroftheerk/activity/14616/
crazy stuff
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

6th edition Empty Re: 6th edition

Post by ShadowMaster Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:12 am

My advice is to get a WarMachine army
ShadowMaster
ShadowMaster
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 2812
Armies : [WHFB] DoC, Lizardmen, O&G [LoTR] Moria [40k] Daemons [WM/H] RoS, Cryx, Cygnar, Mercs, Gators, Skorne
Registration date : 2008-03-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:57 am

Some interesting new rule ideas, but it also seems counter to them wanting to simplify/streamline things, when it sounds like they are in turn making other aspects more complicated.

Though it does sound like a big overhaul of the game, much more than the little updates that 4th and 5th were.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1433
Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits
Registration date : 2008-11-03

Back to top Go down

Post by chef xenos Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:09 pm

i dont like assault before shooting
chef xenos
chef xenos
Primarch

Male
Number of posts : 814
Armies : {40k and apoc units} tyranids,gene-cult,exocrine,dominatrix,fortress of faith {bfg}tyranids {battletech} void-stalkers(merc/pirates)
Registration date : 2009-01-08

http://john80687.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:18 pm

Seems interesting enough. Not sure how I feel about the bid system they have going. Seems like a fun twist; but ,if they're making some of those benefits akin to things in cities of death or planet strike, expect failure.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:44 pm

KingdomCome wrote:Seems interesting enough. Not sure how I feel about the bid system they have going. Seems like a fun twist; but ,if they're making some of those benefits akin to things in cities of death or planet strike, expect failure.

Sounds fine to me, but it's not going to go over well with the tourny "hardcore" crowd. The bid system sounds more like making gambles and decisions, and not just about picking the best strategem.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Armies : Infinity-Yu Jing, Heavy Gear-North, 40K-IG/Orks, Uncharted Seas-Shroud Mages, FoW-SS, AM Naval-Japanese, Hordes-Trolls, Blood Bowl-Goblins, Malifaux- Guild, Anima-Azure, BFG- Chaos, Dystopian Wars- Brits

Back to top Go down

Post by KingdomCome Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:48 pm

Even the "softcore?" crowd doesn't play the GW expansions. You start making gimmicks a part of the core rules and you end up with...8th edition WHFB.
KingdomCome
KingdomCome
Chaos God

Male
Number of posts : 1233
Armies : 40K: Tau, Eldar, SM FoW: Americans & Russians Infinity: Combined Army of EI WM/H: TrollBloods
Registration date : 2009-08-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jspyd3rx Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Could they ruin the game? Who knows? Guess we will see. Hard to resist new plastic shiny syndrome, which would make me overlook any problems with the rules at first.
jspyd3rx
jspyd3rx
Chaos God

Number of posts : 1190
Registration date : 2009-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Kyle Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:03 pm

8E is nothing like the "gimmicks" in the 40k Expanions, the problems with WHFB are down to core rule issues. Random charging, massive blocks of cheap toss away troops kicking giant shits ass, etc.

Reason why no one plays the GW expansions is because again it's another issue of the game being strangled by the tourny community mindset. Only the core game is what a person wants to play, and it is what they make their army for. Problem with the expansions is much of it requires you to build an army to take advantage of the expansion and most peoples armies are built to play the core game. Why play Cities of Death when your army is not optimized for such and you are not going to spend money to make your army for Cities play. So they just stick to playing the core game. Strategems are not what cause people to not play those expansions either.

I don't see it as "gimmicks" when it sounds like it will have a profound effect on the game with the bid system.

Of course I can see such a substantial change to the game becoming another 8E disaster with the community, this sounds like a big overhaul similar to 2E to 3E... and that jump in editions killed lot of the old player base interest in the game. And GW also now has lots of competition in the market when it had none in the 2e to 3e transition. This could be bad for the GW no doubt.
Kyle
Kyle
Chaos God

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:16 am

Kyle wrote:
KingdomCome wrote:Seems interesting enough. Not sure how I feel about the bid system they have going. Seems like a fun twist; but ,if they're making some of those benefits akin to things in cities of death or planet strike, expect failure.

Sounds fine to me, but it's not going to go over well with the tourny "hardcore" crowd. The bid system sounds more like making gambles and decisions, and not just about picking the best strategem.

Actually that is what competitive players do, they gamble and make decisions, not blindly follow strategems. I would suspect this would be unpopular with casual players who attend tournaments who generally don't do much thinking while playing.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male
Number of posts : 403
Registration date : 2008-10-19

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:24 am

It is easier to find someone who is of the mind to play standard than an expansion. You might go to a store and find 5 people and maybe today 1 wants to play planetstrike but the other wants to play Cities of Death. Then once you realize that you need a ton of buildings for CoD and Planetstrike is a gimmick itself there just isn't much reason to play them. Apocalypse would be cool if troops weren't almost entirely useless. Tournaments are fun and people like to compete and that is why they are interested in getting better by playtesting and not playing an expansion that just isn't very good.

The hobby aspect of the game is really important and most people get into that through some mix of converting, painting, reading novels and other codex, or god knows what else like fan fiction and cosplay. I like the idea of making special hobby stuff for expansion play like they talk about in the expansions but I just don't get to play or do other hobby stuff enough to get into that. I imagine a very casual player would spend time on those sorts of things.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by WC_Brian Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:28 am

ShadowMaster wrote:My advice is to get a WarMachine army

I will happily try Level 7 when PP comes out with that. I've played a fair amount of WarHordes and enjoyed it but it just didn't hook me like the setting of 40k does. I love everything about PP except I personally don't enjoy the theme of WarHordes and the lack of multi part plastic kits. If they make a sick sci-fi setting I might be spending alot of time on that but I don't think I'll never stop loving the sickness that is 40k.

WC_Brian
Dark Apostle

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down